PDA

View Full Version : Former Calgary Stampeder Joffrey Reynolds charged with assault and break & enter

R.J
07-16-2012, 12:10 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/15/former-cfler-charged-with-assault

1argoholic
07-16-2012, 12:40 AM
I can't stand abusers of drugs, alcohol and the worst three animals, women and children. What a piece of crap. I've never been able to understand that mentality. If you have an ex move on and find another relationship instead of stalking and harming your ex. DICKHEAD!

argolio
07-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Never thought he was (allegedly) capable of that.

matchuk
07-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Never thought he was (allegedly) capable of that.

he can always blame it on the head injuries

KCargosfan
07-19-2012, 02:08 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/football/calgary-stampeders/Former+Stamp+Joffrey+Reynolds+flight/6953525/story.html

Sad to hear. Hopefully he bounces back. Hopefully other players take note and save some of the cash they make (the ones that actually make good money).

1argoholic
07-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh BOO HOO Asshole!!!! I was a fan until I heard of what he did last week. No one should ever abuse a woman, child or animal. Break in to your ex's and beat her or at the least scare the crap out of her. Piece or CRAP! Send him back to the US. We don't need him here.

Invader
07-19-2012, 07:34 PM
There are two sides to every story, let's wait for the evidence to come out before we condemn him.

matchuk
07-19-2012, 09:44 PM
who cares? im sure if he was some random dude from the streets, everyone would want him locked up and no one would be here feeling sorry for him....send him to the big house

tennyis
07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
I was/am a fan of his as a player but I cannot feel sorry for him "falling on hard times". He made good money in the CFL for many years, if he didn't set money aside for after his playing career that is his fault. We are a month into the first season of him not playing CFL and he's already broke, lost his car and his house.

argos1873
07-19-2012, 10:05 PM
I was/am a fan of his as a player but I cannot feel sorry for him "falling on hard times". He made good money in the CFL for many years, if he didn't set money aside for after his playing career that is his fault. We are a month into the first season of him not playing CFL and he's already broke, lost his car and his house.

Although I don't excuse his alleged actions, I have to wonder how much "good" money he made in the CFL? If he was making 100,000 and bought things such as a nice house, and nice car, and suddenly lost his job (which technically would have been at the end of last season), he probably wouldn't have that much saved up. He probably hasn't been paid since November. I'm not excusing him, for living in excess of his means, but its not like he was making millions like some pro athletes.

Wobbler
07-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Football ability doesn't correlate very well with financial skill and long-term planning ability. The NFL recognizes this and has player engagement officers and a program called "NFL NEXT" to help players prepare for their transition to post-football life. I suspect that it helps.

Good luck to Reynolds - I hope he sorts this out.

Having said that, this thread doesn't belong in this subforum.

KCargosfan
07-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Having said that, this thread doesn't belong in this subforum.

Are you the forum police? Who cares?

argos1873
07-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Are you the forum police? Who cares?

Well, the guy is right, it belongs in the CFL forum. What's wrong with pointing that out?

tennyis
07-20-2012, 11:28 AM
the guy was making 100k a year plus for the last 6 or 7 years, probably closer to 150k. At his age he should have known and prepared for a second career he couldn't possibly have been caught off guard. I stand by not feeling sorry for him. I do wish him all the best and hope he gets his life figured out.

1argoholic
07-20-2012, 12:58 PM
If you piss away $100 thou a year for as many years as he played then your a fool. I don't care about his lack of money it's about breaking into his ex's and doing whatever he did there that pisses me off. An ex is an ex for a reason Joffrey you stocking SOB, move on there's plenty of lovely ladies in Calgary.

I'm happily married but have been in many relationships over the years that had ended. Not once did I feel the need to stock, break into their homes or hit them.

matchuk
07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Although I don't excuse his alleged actions, I have to wonder how much "good" money he made in the CFL? If he was making 100,000 and bought things such as a nice house, and nice car, and suddenly lost his job (which technically would have been at the end of last season), he probably wouldn't have that much saved up. He probably hasn't been paid since November. I'm not excusing him, for living in excess of his means, but its not like he was making millions like some pro athletes.

funny...i make less then he does but have a very comfy savings...i dont feel bad that he is greedy...

argos1873
07-20-2012, 04:59 PM
funny...i make less then he does but have a very comfy savings...i dont feel bad that he is greedy...

I don't feel a shred of sorrow for him either. I was just pointing out that its not like he was making gobs of money like NFL or NBA players. If anyone should get should get some professional help preparing for their future, its a CFL player making about the same salary as he was. Anyone making that type of money, should not live like they were making that type of money, because like Reynolds, its only going to last 7 or 8 years. After that you get nothing, unless you made a serious plan for life after football. Its not like making 150,000 for 7 years would set you up for life. I'm sure he was just "living the life", and that's 100% his fault.

ArgoRavi
07-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Interesting comments in this thread. Rocket Ismail made a fair bit of coin and he even went broke IIRC. Many NFL players have had an enormous problem managing their finances (see Owens, Terrell) so one can only imagine what happens to some CFL players. What has helped other CFL players is the realization that they will not make enough money during their football career to live on for the rest of their life so they need to use their off-season productively. Unfortunately, Reynolds doesn't appear to have done this. I do hope that he can get his life back on track though (and, again, these are only allegations of criminal behaviour which is something that should be kept in mind as we still have the presumption of innocence in this country).

1argoholic
07-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Oh and Greg Mohns died.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8