PDA

View Full Version : chad owens trade

eiben35
07-22-2012, 09:56 AM
How about Chad Owens and Spencer Watt to Edmonton for Shawmad Chambers and a third round draft pick. Then we can replace Chad "the fumbler" with CJ Williams. Tillman would never do it but I certainly would.

AngeloV
07-22-2012, 10:22 AM
How about Chad Owens and Spencer Watt to Edmonton for Shawmad Chambers and a third round draft pick. Then we can replace Chad "the fumbler" with CJ Williams. Tillman would never do it but I certainly would.

If Tillman would never do that, doesn't that make it a useless proposal?

ArgoGabe22
07-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Chad Owens will return one to the house next game. Mark my words.

Will
07-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Chad Owens will return one to the house next game. Mark my words.

Montreal is certainly susceptible on special teams!

Argoscflguy
07-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Where do we sign? Shawmad chambers will be one of the top superstars in this league, tall, strong, extremely fast, good hands! I would throw in bradwell for free also!

1argoholic
07-22-2012, 01:20 PM
No thanks and i can't believe how little respect Owens gets. The guy is full of heart. He just need to learn how to relax a wee bit and make sure he has the ball before his legs go a hundred miles an hour.

gilthethrill
07-22-2012, 01:41 PM
I can't believe there are people complaining about Chad Owens....agree he has been known to fumble throughout his career, but each player has weaknesses.

Nob
07-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I love Shamwad Chambers' potential, but he will be about 2,900 total yards behind Owens this year.

argotom
07-22-2012, 02:21 PM
As good as Shamwad appears he will become, no trade.
Chad is a multi threat on offense and it is hard to replace these type of premium players.

AngeloV
07-22-2012, 02:35 PM
No thanks and i can't believe how little respect Owens gets. The guy is full of heart. He just need to learn how to relax a wee bit and make sure he has the ball before his legs go a hundred miles an hour.

I can't believe there are people complaining about Chad Owens....agree he has been known to fumble throughout his career, but each player has weaknesses.

No kidding. I can't believe some pf the posts I have read on this forum over the last little while.

ArgoGabe22
07-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Chad's problem is he tries too hard to gain that extra yard and to not go down easy which is great to see and he obviously has fire, something some players lack imo. Some players just give up.

When Cookie Gilchrist got traded to Denver his replacement ran out of bounds on the first play and the whole crowd booed him.

LLB997
07-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Trade Owens?? The man is all heart and one of the faces of the franchise.

eiben35
07-22-2012, 04:44 PM
How many games will Chad Owens cost this team? He has already contributed to the two losses. Jim Popp was right about this guy. I agree that he tries to hard but he fumbles every game.

anthonyrussell
07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
How many games will Chad Owens cost this team? He has already contributed to the two losses. Jim Popp was right about this guy. I agree that he tries to hard but he fumbles every game.

Whilst I agree that Owens has made mistakes, he has contributed to losses but he is not soley responsible for them. How many games will he cost the team? Probably fewer than bad play calling by the respective coodinators on both sides of the ball. Shall we fire them before or after we trade Owens?

Does he need to up his game? Yes but there's no reason to be shopping him yet.

KCargosfan
07-22-2012, 05:53 PM
What has Chambers done to be worthy of that trade?

AngeloV
07-22-2012, 06:00 PM

Chad Owens has won the Argos a lot more games than he has cost them. I would say the field position he gave them throughout the '10 season is the main reason they made the playoffs in that year.

1argoholic
07-22-2012, 06:49 PM
I can't believe that Owens fumble on the return in Hamilton was even called a fumble. Anytime any review is left up to Jake Ireland we're in trouble. Owens knee was down. Watkins had the ball and a foot in. Barnes dove in Hamilton caught the ball and it was ruled a catch until Mr Argo Hater over turned the play. So to me Ownes has one fumble which was pretty close as well but I call thast one a fumble. He touches the ball a ton. I love the guy.

bigzee19
07-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Let me start by saying I was a Chad Owens fan before he became a fan favourite before the fame and glory. Also I don't post here a lot but I feel like I have to now.

I will admit and I am sure that Chad would to, those few mistakes this year he has made are uncalled for. With that being said I want to point of a few things.

1) Chad brought back excitement to the Argos (2010) when I think we needed it most. Was ahuge reason we made the playoffs.

2) No returns this year is attributed to the huge change of personnel on special teams. I think we miss Crawford a little more then we want to admit.

3)The Edmonton TD drop was tipped and he had to make a split second change with his hands and just wasn't fast enough. While we all think he should have caught it, if you ever played football or even catch you know that just a little touch of the ball can change it drastically. Just saying. We have seen MANY dropped passes this year by big name receivers Simon, Green, Dressler, Durie to name a few, it happens. Also about that game lets not forget the TD that was called back for a HOLD. Thas ok though go ahead it was ALL OWENS fault that game...SMH

4) There was a incomplete pass this past week I think it was the bc game (CAN anyone help me here). I don't recall who it was but the receiver caught the ball and took 3 solid steps and was hit and the ball dropped out. Was ruled Incomplete by the BOOTH. That pass the Chad dropped that was called a fumble, well I watched it over and over again and based on the BC game play and the fewer steps Chad took should have been INCOMPLETE without a doubt.

5) The fumble on the punt was definitely a bad play. I still feel that there should have been a no yards there however it was really close. He was trying to get the flag for field position simply because the Argos were fighting for field position that game. Your opinion would have been different if the play would have went our way. Just saying

I could go on but I am not going to. In the end I want this guy on my team because he makes plays. He is not the only players making mistakes on the team in the loses and the wins this year there have been MANY.

Chad is nothing but consistent on Special teams and exciting to watch. 95% of the time he gets us field position and thats what makes him special. His heart and desire are what every team needs and wants. This guy plays like a 6'5'' 250 pound guy. This post would not have been made if Chad has 3-5 returns for TDs this year and we are 4-0 even and he still made those few mistakes, you know it and I know it.

Yes I am a huge Chad fan but I bet you he is more upset with himself then anyone else including all of us here on the forum, with his mishaps. The guy is nothing but heart and I had the opportunity to see that live in one of his football camps in Kauai Hawaii. He wants to win he wants to take it to the house every single time and I think he believes he can do it, which is what I admire and love about his play. That's what this team needs.

I have said what I needed to Thanks......Flame Away!!!!!!!!!!!

jerrym
07-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Chambers has the advantage of being a Canadian NI and I really like him but he is not even a regular on the field yet. Owens could end up being a 3000 yard man for the third year in a row. While he fumbles more than the average player and drops a fair number of passes, his speed and spunk has ignited this team quite a few times since he joined the Argos. We need him now to provide field position and inspiration to his teammates, as well as a drawing card in terms of attendance and increasing our chances of making the playoffs, especially since the Grey Cup will be in Toronto this year.

Fungi
07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
I think anytime a guy on the Argo's makes one mistake...Gone...Because that what teams and fans are all about...LOL
Anyone who says we should get rid of some one because of a mistake, probably never played sports before. IMO

bigzee19
07-22-2012, 08:49 PM
i think anytime a guy on the argo's makes one mistake...gone...because that what teams and fans are all about...lol
anyone who says we should get rid of some one because of a mistake, probably never played sports before. Imo

so right amen!!

1argoholic
07-22-2012, 09:06 PM
When I played hockey and baseball I was perfect. hahaha.

Argoscflguy
07-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Not a chance!!!!!!!!! U watch.... Chambers next year will be either leading the league! Or a nfl team will pick him up! Chambers has super star abilities!

ArgoGabe22
07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
When I played hockey and baseball I was perfect. hahaha.

We were all perfect back then especially when you played with family or with neighbours and you were the oldest of the bunch lol

Argoscflguy
07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I can't believe there are people complaining about Chad Owens....agree he has been known to fumble throughout his career, but each player has weaknesses.. To bad that fumbling the ball is probably the worst weakness a player can have!!!!!!!!!!

ArgoRavi
07-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Let me start by saying I was a Chad Owens fan before he became a fan favourite before the fame and glory. Also I don't post here a lot but I feel like I have to now.

I will admit and I am sure that Chad would to, those few mistakes this year he has made are uncalled for. With that being said I want to point of a few things.

1) Chad brought back excitement to the Argos (2010) when I think we needed it most. Was ahuge reason we made the playoffs.

2) No returns this year is attributed to the huge change of personnel on special teams. I think we miss Crawford a little more then we want to admit.

3)The Edmonton TD drop was tipped and he had to make a split second change with his hands and just wasn't fast enough. While we all think he should have caught it, if you ever played football or even catch you know that just a little touch of the ball can change it drastically. Just saying. We have seen MANY dropped passes this year by big name receivers Simon, Green, Dressler, Durie to name a few, it happens. Also about that game lets not forget the TD that was called back for a HOLD. Thas ok though go ahead it was ALL OWENS fault that game...SMH

4) There was a incomplete pass this past week I think it was the bc game (CAN anyone help me here). I don't recall who it was but the receiver caught the ball and took 3 solid steps and was hit and the ball dropped out. Was ruled Incomplete by the BOOTH. That pass the Chad dropped that was called a fumble, well I watched it over and over again and based on the BC game play and the fewer steps Chad took should have been INCOMPLETE without a doubt.

5) The fumble on the punt was definitely a bad play. I still feel that there should have been a no yards there however it was really close. He was trying to get the flag for field position simply because the Argos were fighting for field position that game. Your opinion would have been different if the play would have went our way. Just saying

I could go on but I am not going to. In the end I want this guy on my team because he makes plays. He is not the only players making mistakes on the team in the loses and the wins this year there have been MANY.

Chad is nothing but consistent on Special teams and exciting to watch. 95% of the time he gets us field position and thats what makes him special. His heart and desire are what every team needs and wants. This guy plays like a 6'5'' 250 pound guy. This post would not have been made if Chad has 3-5 returns for TDs this year and we are 4-0 even and he still made those few mistakes, you know it and I know it.

Yes I am a huge Chad fan but I bet you he is more upset with himself then anyone else including all of us here on the forum, with his mishaps. The guy is nothing but heart and I had the opportunity to see that live in one of his football camps in Kauai Hawaii. He wants to win he wants to take it to the house every single time and I think he believes he can do it, which is what I admire and love about his play. That's what this team needs.

No need to flame, my friend. All that you have said is absolutely correct IMO. Bravo!

AngeloV
07-23-2012, 06:58 AM

Like Ravi, I too agree 100%. As I mentioned elsewhere, some people just aren't happy unless they have something to be miserable about.

flafson
07-23-2012, 12:26 PM
To me if you look at all the personal changes we had over the last year i'm amazed it only took 1 game for most of the team to click together. With Rickey Ray alone it feels like we can beat anyone now where last year we were lucky not to be beat by everyone.

Gill The Thrill
07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Some of Owens defenders on this board are much more emotional than analytical...in sports, they don't realize that the motto is, "what have you done for me lately," and not, "what have you done for me in the past."

If they don't think good players eventually get cut in this league....talk to Antonio Warren, Kelvin Anderson and even Avon Cobourne who was cut before training camp in Hamilton but was only brought back because of a TC injury.

I for one, don't think Owens should be cut, but if he keeps fumbling then his value to the Argos would not even benefit them via the trade route.

. To bad that fumbling the ball is probably the worst weakness a player can have!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but according to some it should be tolerated because he tries hard...which makes absolutely no sense, because it implies that other players who are innefective because they fumble are not trying...totally ridiculous.

If Owens is one of your favourite players and you give him the benefit of the doubt still, that's fine...but just say so....I don't want to read BS about the guy trying hard, because it implies other guys don't and that can't be proven.

The guy is a football player, he's not a god and when football players become ineffective and possibly detrimental, then there usually dealt with...talk to all the best coaches, they'll tell you the same thing....Matthews and Bouno had no qualms about cutting a player who was deemed untouchable in the past and they are the 2 winningest coaches. 2 of the guys I mentioned in the previous post were cut by Bouno, and Matthews used to also cut guys once he found a better replacement that was more reliable.

When the Argos were winning in the 80's, they cut good players that were fan favourites and I didn't always agree with it...talk to Zac Henderson or Paul Bennett and they'll tell you....these tough decisions sometimes need to be made by coaches, but we've got a couple of guys who post here who think it's unfathomable to even criticize any player on the Argos...that's ridiculous.

1argoholic
07-23-2012, 01:44 PM
The guy has had one legit fumble. That one with his knee on the turf in Hamilton wasn't a f'ing fumble. The guy gives us instand field position on almost every return. I don't understand how anyone could want him cut after 4 games when they kept stiffs like Bishop and Lemon waaaay to long. I obviously have no issue with ripping players but if anything you use Owens as just a returner.

Gill The Thrill
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
The guy has had one legit fumble. That one with his knee on the turf in Hamilton wasn't a f'ing fumble. The guy gives us instand field position on almost every return. I don't understand how anyone could want him cut after 4 games when they kept stiffs like Bishop and Lemon waaaay to long. I obviously have no issue with ripping players but if anything you use Owens as just a returner.

I like Owens, but he has had a few slip away from his fingers lately without even being touched. It's funny that you mention the Hamilton fumble as not being legit, while others bring up the one late last game and say that it should have been called no yards. There'd be no need for none of this debate if he just hangs onto the ball.
I hope we don't see another fumble for the rest of the season from him, or for at least the next 100 - 150 touches, then you can say, that's bound to happen when you get your hands on the ball that many times...but as of now, it's been a little too frequent.

1argoholic
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
True enough. The guy just needs to relax if that's the right word to use. He's already running before he's got the ball tucked or caught. I forgot about the no yards. How the hell was that not called. You see returners have the ball hit them and get the call all the time. That one was very obvious to everyone but the officials.

bigzee19
07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I watched the Montreal game and saw SJ Green and Richardson both drop some easy catchable balls so should they be cut?? Every player will have the drops its happens. Lets see how Chad bounces back, he tends to have great games against Montreal IIRC.

I would love to see the stats on when he fumbles the ball. Is it when we are down or tied or in the lead?? Mind games are huge in players and who knows maybe his though process is I need to score for us to win or get back in the game or take the lead, who knows. Just a thought.

I still believe that our ST needs to gel a little bit more and once this happens we will see Chad taking the returns further down field and even for TD's.

Having him full time on offence may be a bad idea simply because he goes full speed every single down, however he poses a huge threat on the field at all times. Maybe rotate him in and out will Rambo or Mann when ready or if they can get either of them in the game.

Maybe Chad needs to go back to his roots and implement the Shaka dance into the pre game warmup. Imagine guys like Foley McCune JJ Huntley Kuale Owens and the others doing this. I know I would be a little intimidated LOL.

Will
07-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Chad fumbled the ball in Hamilton with the Argos down 7-0, but Hamilton subsequently scored on that drive and went up 14-0. Prefontaine ultimately ended up overshadowing Chad, however. I think the Argos were up 11-10 or down 13-11 when Owens had his first fumble and were up 18-16 when he got his second fumble, but don't quote me on that.

LLB997
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
The Argos have a knack for having this revolving door of talent. You need guys who can be a face for the franchise. The Argos lack recognition because they don't keep guys around long enough. I don't get the mentality from some of the fans when they say "he's had a few fumbles, get rid of him". Ive seen kids going crazy for Chad in the End zone seats when he does his MJ moves or Hawaiian hand jestures. This kind of stuff is pretty important to the the Argos as an organization, not just what he provides on the field. He's done way too much in 3 seasons to call for his head on a platter, lets give the guy a break and let him fine tune his performance as the season wears on. We are 2-2 here, no need to ship anyone off at this point.

AngeloV
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
The Argos have a knack for having this revolving door of talent. You need guys who can be a face for the franchise. The Argos lack recognition because they don't keep guys around long enough. I don't get the mentality from some of the fans when they say "he's had a few fumbles, get rid of him". Ive seen kids going crazy for Chad in the End zone seats when he does his MJ moves or Hawaiian hand jestures. This kind of stuff is pretty important to the the Argos as an organization, not just what he provides on the field. He's done way too much in 3 seasons to call for his head on a platter, lets give the guy a break and let him fine tune his performance as the season wears on. We are 2-2 here, no need to ship anyone off at this point.

Thank-You!! I agree with this for sure.

Will
07-23-2012, 03:18 PM

Well said!

argotom
07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Like most have said, Chad is the man.
Sometimes high reward does have the higher risk tag attached to it.

argonaut11xx
07-23-2012, 03:54 PM
I kinda like the idea of reducing his role on offence...yes..owens was a star on a crappy team...now that the overall talent has improved his role should be adjusted accordingly...

That said, i agree he is a talent, has potential, and is a welcome face...give the kid some time, and he just might be that "face of the argonauts" that LLB, and angelo, talk about above...

AngeloV
07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
I kinda like the idea of reducing his role on offence...yes..owens was a star on a crappy team...now that the overall talent has improved his role should be adjusted accordingly...

That said, i agree he is a talent, has potential, and is a welcome face...give the kid some time, and he just might be that "face of the argonauts" that LLB, and angelo, talk about above...

I have no problem with giving him a breather here and there on offence. That may be not only for the better of the team, but also the prolonging of his career. Having said that, he is 7th in the league in receiving yardage. Not bad when you have 2 teammates in the top 7.

argolio
07-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Trade Owens? Phooey (and baba booey)!

Obviously what we need to do is trade Ricky Ray for a 6th round pick ASAP!!!

paulwoods13
07-23-2012, 06:53 PM
The guy is a football player, he's not a god and when football players become ineffective and possibly detrimental, then there usually dealt with...talk to all the best coaches, they'll tell you the same thing....Matthews and Bouno had no qualms about cutting a player who was deemed untouchable in the past and they are the 2 winningest coaches. 2 of the guys I mentioned in the previous post were cut by Bouno, and Matthews used to also cut guys once he found a better replacement that was more reliable.

When the Argos were winning in the 80's, they cut good players that were fan favourites and I didn't always agree with it...talk to Zac Henderson or Paul Bennett and they'll tell you....these tough decisions sometimes need to be made by coaches, but we've got a couple of guys who post here who think it's unfathomable to even criticize any player on the Argos...that's ridiculous.

If your primary point is that all players are subject to criticism, I agree. But you've lost me with the first part. Owens is far from "ineffective and possibly detrimental." Yes, he has fumbled a few times. And Ricky Ray has thrown some interceptions, Andre Durie dropped two catchable passes last week, Boyd has picked the wrong hole on occasion, etc. Are they all deemed to be ineffective on the basis of a few mistakes? If he was doing nothing but fumble, you'd have a point. But he is still getting positive yardage on returns, catching passes and picking up yards, etc. His play this season does not come close to warranting "action" by the coaches, IMO. And there is no evidence the Argos have "a better replacement that (is) more reliable."

Gill The Thrill
07-24-2012, 02:28 PM
If your primary point is that all players are subject to criticism, I agree. But you've lost me with the first part. Owens is far from "ineffective and possibly detrimental." Yes, he has fumbled a few times. And Ricky Ray has thrown some interceptions, Andre Durie dropped two catchable passes last week, Boyd has picked the wrong hole on occasion, etc. Are they all deemed to be ineffective on the basis of a few mistakes? If he was doing nothing but fumble, you'd have a point. But he is still getting positive yardage on returns, catching passes and picking up yards, etc. His play this season does not come close to warranting "action" by the coaches, IMO. And there is no evidence the Argos have "a better replacement that (is) more reliable."

I agree that they don't have anybody that has proven that they can rack up the yardage as Owens has in the last 2 years...but his fumbles and muffs have been a little too frequent this season and that should warrant some concern. Compound that with his missed TD catch, and I for one have noticed that he's making some mistakes a little more frequently than he did in previous year.

Durie may have dropped passes in one game, or Boyd may have not hit a hole in one game, but they have not made mistakes every game and sometimes the same mistake. Unfortunately Chad has, and with special teams turnovers, they can be momentum changers.

I did not say Owens should be cut for the record, he presently has tons of value but as we've seen in this league many times before, the value of a players stock can drop quite dramatically. One poster wrote that we should bring Bashir Levingston back in what I interpreted as a sarcastic reference, (since he's 36 and has not been an Argo or in the CFL for years) but the fact was Bashir Levingston was amazing on kickoff and punt returns for several seasons before his stock fell quite dramatically. I'm not saying that Owens stock is going to fall, but if his errors become habit which they unfortunately have been during his pro career on other teams, then the coaching staff and management may be forced to make a tough decision that may be unpopular in order to cut thier losses and get something in return.

I just want to see Chad just worry about fielding punts and kickoffs and moving upfield, north and south asap while securing the football, instead of trying to get to the outside and trying to break one on every play while not securing the ball....the big returns will come, as long as he holds onto ball and gets them good return yardage even without necessarily taking it to the house.

We have Ricky Ray now, so the offense can at least move the chains this season.

Fungi
07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
You're not saying Chad doesn't care are you.
I'll bet Chad cares more than you. I'll even say the guy cares about you not liking his playing abilities. That's what athletes do. They strive to be the best.When I played sports, I hated making mistakes. It let the team down. Chad has to think about the fans as well. Give the Fn guy a break. What a joke.!!!

OV Argo
07-24-2012, 09:43 PM
AGAIN, (and IMO) - Owens is NOT an every-down, go-to type CFL receiver; but he is a dynamic & dangerous returner, who can also play a role as a receiver (get open deep the odd time with his speed, plus maybe break a big-play on a short hitch style throw); believing he IS an every-down, throw to lots type receiver, is IMO a mistake by the offensive football decision makers on this team; get a more polished, reliable hands type receiver in for every-down, and let Chad concentrate on his return game, plus get him in for the odd situation on offence. I think Barker really likes him though (and might be trying to justify his big buck$ contract), plus it seems Millnaovich sees him as an evey-down type receiver type too? - give another receiever a shot at playing lots for at least a game or two in place of Owens and then weigh the results; sticking with your guys types is a sign of myopic, limited thinking coaching/personnel moves.

LLB997
07-24-2012, 09:45 PM
In case Chad reads our forum i just want throw out a big "Chad's Awesome". I like his attitude and he's a game changer. He may row in the endzone but at least he enters it running forward unlike those tools in Hamilton.

AngeloV
07-24-2012, 11:08 PM
In case Chad reads our forum i just want throw out a big "Chad's Awesome". I like his attitude and he's a game changer. He may row in the endzone but at least he enters it running forward unlike those tools in Hamilton.

Well said. He's also 7th in league receiving yards at this point. Someone please explain to me how that isn't starter material at receiver? Nice to have a coach that knows how to use him on offence.

RoRoYoBoat
07-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Chad has a tough job, he's basicaly playing two positions. That's twice the responsabilities, twice the meetings, twice as many playbooks, twice the expectations. That will bring his productivity down in both of his "jobs". As it would anyone here trying to do two jobs. Problem he is also making twice the money... So if he does not start as a receiver the team either needs to cut his salary 50 to 75k to pay another receiver or take the hit with lesser quality somewhere on the roster. For that reason fans have to accept the drops and the fumbles. You can't ask a guy to return the ball 12 to 15 times a game and have the same concentration on offense. I think he's improved as a receiver under his new HC and receiver coach.

jerrym
07-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Aside from all the reasons mentioned above for not trading Owens there is team identification. When the Argos were in one of their many woeful attendance slumps, they actually asked fans what they wanted. Besides winning more games, the answer was for once keep core players that the fans can identify with. If we listen to some people on this site, it seems they would trade every key player as soon as they had a bad game or two. Besides the fact that all players sooner or later have slumps, which most recover from, the Trader Phil approach leaves the fans with little sense of identity, to say nothing of team cohesion. Owens fumbling and pass-dropping flaws are obvious, but his speed, elusiveness and heart (which has often inspired the team) more than make up for this.

bluto
07-25-2012, 04:54 PM
these threads are what makes being a moderator a tough gig.

obviously i'd dearly love to delete, lock or edit this thread into oblivion... or at the very least change the title to "Trade Chad Owens? We'd have to be nuts!"...

but alas... i can only hope that we all by mutual assent just stop posting in it to let it die it's way off of the first page of the forum (as it richly deserves)

Gill The Thrill
07-25-2012, 05:30 PM
these threads are what makes being a moderator a tough gig.

obviously i'd dearly love to delete, lock or edit this thread into oblivion... or at the very least change the title to "Trade Chad Owens? We'd have to be nuts!"...

but alas... i can only hope that we all by mutual assent just stop posting in it to let it die it's way off of the first page of the forum (as it richly deserves)

Change the title of the thread maybe because it is misleading, but as for wanting to lock or delete it...Why??..I don't get it....What's wrong with some debate? It shows that people care about the team even though they may have differing opinions. This is what fan messageboards are about....especially an unofficial one that's not run by the team...some teams even have these types of thread on their official team websites.

What is Chad Owens official salary with the Argos ? If someone could PM me to tell me if they don't want to keep posting on this thread, that's fine too.

PS...and Bluto, I will post in another thread to push this at least one down in the double blue section.

bluto
07-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Change the title of the thread maybe because it is misleading, but as for wanting to lock or delete it...Why??..I don't get it....What's wrong with some debate? It shows that people care about the team even though they may have differing opinions. This is what fan messageboards are about....especially an unofficial one that's not run by the team...some teams even have these types of thread on their official team websites.

beg your pardon Gill.

a thread titled "(smileyface)Trade Chad Owens" is just bad. so bad in fact that i wondered whether or not it could be a troll fan from another team creating it.

Owens is the only player in Pro Football History to amass greater than 3000 yards in consecutive seasons. he is on pace to go over 4000 this season. he was league runner up for most outstanding ST player last season and was the reigning ST MOP the season prior. he is excellent with the team's fans and charitable projects and is never an embarrassment due to his character being of a very high calibre. i could go on and on about what an asset he is and how with the Milanovich/Ray offence he is finally realizing his potential as a receiver.

anyway, you're right that fostering debate is one of the main raison d'etres for an internet forum... funny how you don't recognize my prior post as a legit opinion though.

also: Owen's girl is a solid LA 9... doesn't count as a football asset in his favour but still... respect.

LLB997
07-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Thanks Chad for ending this thread last night.

gilthethrill
07-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks Chad for ending this thread last night.

Na, it wll start up again in a few games.....

Bleeds Double Blue
07-28-2012, 04:11 PM
I purchased a white Chad Owens jersey from Chad Owens himself at the Double Blue Bash at the Grey Cup last year. I'm not interested in trading him for anyone.

1argoholic
07-28-2012, 05:01 PM
There's has been some very dumb or silly topics started some by me. This one is insane.

ArgoZ
07-29-2012, 11:44 AM
BUMP! To the top of the page! Ok, so seriously speaking, the forum calls out Owens for his play and he comes up with the (recieving) game of his life. Seems it worked out well, so who do we pick on next? If I complain about the OL, will Ray have 5 seconds every snap Monday?

eiben35
07-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Chad had a great first half but what did he do in the second half. Zero catches. Fumbled a return and then he threw the ball away in the endzone. Really smart move.

Will
07-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Whole offense struggled in the second half--not just Owens.

1argoholic
07-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Are you F'ing kidding me already? This is one stupid ass topic!!!! F it!!

AngeloV
07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Chad had a great first half but what did he do in the second half. Zero catches. Fumbled a return and then he threw the ball away in the endzone. Really smart move.

You seem to be the only one that doesn't realize that his play was the major factor in the Argos winning that game. He didn't fumble a return, unless of course the rules of football have changed legalizing clothesline tackles and allowing for fumbles after the player is down by contact, but they haven't. But I guess since Jim Barker brought him in, he must be awful in your eyes. By that way, how is #35's career going these days? I noticed that he doesn't even start when one of the starters on his new team is out with injury. That must be Barker's fault too.

Argofan
07-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Are you F'ing kidding me already? This is one stupid ass topic!!!! F it!!

Why is it you need to talk this way on the forum? Any chance of speaking without swearing? Not looking for a response just want you to tone it down a bit :) Thanks! carry on...

7dj83r8f78t4alf8