PDA

View Full Version : Unique Argo t-shirt

argofandave
07-23-2012, 01:08 AM
On my way to the Ticat game on Saturday night, I stopped by Value Village in Stoney Creek and bought an Argo t-shirt there. It is dark blue with white lettering and it has on the front "VOTED #1 ARGONAUT BY ARGO FAN CLUB." Does anyone know the origin of this shirt or know anything about it? Thanks.

Hollaway
07-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Not me, but sounds like it looks great.

1argoholic
07-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Oh that sounds great. I know we used to have Asshole Of The Year that I won a few times for carrying on like one at games. haha.

paulwoods13
07-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Whoever sent that shirt to Valu Village definitely should be drummed out of the FOA.

1argoholic
07-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Well it could be a player who ditched it. I know Paul Massotti lived in Stoney Creek not far from the Dairy. Is Stoney Creek Dairy still there? It was a very cool place back when I was a kid. My folks would make the drive from Mississauga. Last time I was there would have been about 12 years back and it wasn't the same.

argofandave
07-23-2012, 08:36 PM
I think Stoney Creek Dairy was bought by another company about 15 years ago and went out of business about 3-4 years ago. If you're moving to Peterborough, I hope you didn't plan to work at the Baskin-Robbins plant there since they just announced it is closing later this year.

1argoholic
07-23-2012, 10:13 PM
I didn't even know about Baskin and Robbins in Peterborough until the other day. Not good when a company closes shop in a town. I'm hoping that my wife gets an accounting job at Shimano and gets me deals on fishing gear. haha.

ticatfan
07-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I think Stoney Creek Dairy was bought by another company about 15 years ago and went out of business about 3-4 years ago. If you're moving to Peterborough, I hope you didn't plan to work at the Baskin-Robbins plant there since they just announced it is closing later this year.

I was at the Dairy about 5 weeks ago. However, it is closing soon. The land (which is huge) is going to be redeveloped apparently

1argoholic
07-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Well that's sad. Another historic Dairy and landmark hits the skids.

Fungi
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I remember that place as well. Great ice- cream. Too 'small town' IMO. I think they were just waiting to get bought out, because they couldn't compete.I feel sorry for the employees more than the owners.
I don't really care. They should have been promoting, but they just fell flat!
SOUND FAMILIAR!
Hello Braley...100th Grey cup and F`all avertising.
Braley is nothing without Bob Ackles.
If it weren`t for BOB, Braley would just be a bum CFL owner....Nice job on opening day in Vancouver...DAVE!!!
Wheres the F` N hoopla. It should be starting...Shouldn`t it EH...

argonaut11xx
07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
I remember that place as well. Great ice- cream. Too 'small town' IMO. I think they were just waiting to get bought out, because they couldn't compete.I feel sorry for the employees more than the owners.
I don't really care. They should have been promoting, but they just fell flat!
SOUND FAMILIAR!
Hello Braley...100th Grey cup and F`all avertising.
Braley is nothing without Bob Ackles.
If it weren`t for BOB, Braley would just be a bum CFL owner....Nice job on opening day in Vancouver...DAVE!!!
Wheres the F` N hoopla. It should be starting...Shouldn`t it EH...

Hey Fungi...you are again 100% correct...Braley owning the Argo's looks like his half-assed-Failed attempt at owning the Ti-cats

I think he needs someone, and Chris Rudge hasnt got the Argo's nor the 100th Grey Cup on the map yet.

argofandave
07-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Stoney Creek Dairy closed just recently. Apparently, Lambert Ice Cream bought it 3 years ago but then went bankrupt 2 years ago so I was surprised that SCD was still operating until recently. A 5 storey senior's home will probably be built in its place with an ice cream shop on the main floor.

Fungi
07-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Yea, ice cream. Seniors home. Ice cream shop on the maine floor. I`m writing this down because it`s very important.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8