PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Watt for Eric Deslauriers

eiben35
07-24-2012, 06:57 PM
I think Jim B:)arker should make a trade for two under performing receivers. Spencer Watt to Montreal for Eric Deslaurier.

ArgoGabe22
07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Once again NO!

OV Argo
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I'd make that deal in a second; niether has proven that much in the CFL though; and DesLauriers, while playing lots this year, is obviously not a big factor in the Als offence, and i'd guess Calvillo doesn't think that much of him - doesn't go to him much at all. Watt is getting to play in the Argo offence. Different style receivers mind you; Watt more the fast wide-out type; DesLauriers more the big-target prototype CFL slotback type (though i think he has played mostly WR in his CFL career, but seems to be the 3rd inside receiver for the Als this year. Going by college ball accomplishments - no comparison - Deslauriers one of the leading receivers in all of DI college ball in his best season for E. Michigan - but have to consider him sort of a CFL bust so far (i thought he was up there with Fantuz as one of the best NI receiver prospects in decades in his draft year); Watt was hardly a star in CIS ball, but has the speed i guess. Love to see Deslauriers get a shot as a main Argo slotback; BUT - Millanovich would know him well from their time with the Als and maybe doesn't think much of him / has little interest - i believe he was a FA possibility this past off-season but chose to re-sign with the Als ? - where he continues to do not much.

jerrym
07-24-2012, 08:37 PM
While I do not think Watt has lived up to his potential, I do not agree with trading him for Deslauriers. While Watt increased his yardage from 201 yards in his first season to 345 yards in his second season, Deslauriers' career is all downhill. After gaining 325 yards in his first season, Deslauriers never gained more than 98 yards in his next four seasons. This year Watt has been far from great with only 83 yards, but this still projects out to 376 yards over the entire season, higher than his previous two years. On the other hand, Deslauriers continues on his negative slide with only 24 yards. Furthermore, Watt is six years younger than Deslauriers. Therefore, on the basis of past and current performance, career direction, and age, such a trade makes no sense.

Fungi
07-24-2012, 08:53 PM
This team hasn`t had a real coaching staff since before Bart the -art. We have a good coaching staff now, so lets let them do their job. I`ve heard , ``Lets trade Owens` already(class).
To me, IMO, this is just stirring the pot. Let our new and RELIABLE coaching staff make a few decisions on their own, before panicky fans want people fired.

OV Argo
07-24-2012, 09:04 PM
The Argos had a chance to draft receiver Simon Charbonneau-Campeau out of Sherby last draft - similar to Deslauriers maybe - big target, but i think faster, plus superb CIS receiver production; but they chose not to; might be quite happy with Watt at WR, plus Bradwell (little playing time so far this year) as a back-up "NI receiver" type; and maybe they had hoped Feoli-Gudino would pan out (is he done for the year, or could he come back from injury?). Durie, plus little thrown to Watt might be considered enough at NI receiver by this regime; with an Owens type given every down playing time at receiver.

AngeloV
07-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Once again NO!

^
"
What he said!!

Why anyone would want to trade a 23 year old reciever with 629 career receiving yards (3 TD's) coming into the season for a 31 year old with 590 career yards (3 TD's) is beyond me.

Will
07-25-2012, 09:38 AM
^
"
What he said!!

Why anyone would want to trade a 23 year old reciever with 629 career receiving yards (3 TD's) coming into the season for a 31 year old with 590 career yards (3 TD's) is beyond me.

Pretty much my sentiments.

ArgoGabe22
07-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I love it how everyone (well not everyone) loves to hate on Watt and when you prove he his doing everything he can, they still complain! How is Watt underacheiving? We pretty much proved he's on par with Akeem Foster, caught balls his way, gets open many times, 6th option on offence. Maybe he doesn't get enough YAC yards I dont know?

marcwagz
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
ok heres the deal...
STOP posting these trade idea threads.
I keep coming on the forum and thinking that there has been a trade done.
At LEAST post TRADE IDEA: before your idea in the title

jerrym
07-25-2012, 11:20 AM
In addition to what has been said above, don't forget Deslauriers had Calvillo, who is not only a great passer with good touch but tends to spread the ball around even to his lesser receivers, as qb, while Watt has had to suffer with Lemon, Bell and Jyles as his qbs until this year.

AngeloV
07-25-2012, 11:45 AM
In addition to what has been said above, don't forget Deslauriers had Calvillo, who is not only a great passer with good touch but tends to spread the ball around even to his lesser receivers, as qb, while Watt has had to suffer with Lemon, Bell and Jyles as his qbs until this year.

And don't forget Elizondo as his OC. Nice guy, but not a CFL OC IMO.

ArgoRavi
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
The Argos had a chance to draft receiver Simon Charbonneau-Campeau out of Sherby last draft - similar to Deslauriers maybe - big target, but i think faster, plus superb CIS receiver production; but they chose not to; might be quite happy with Watt at WR, plus Bradwell (little playing time so far this year) as a back-up "NI receiver" type; and maybe they had hoped Feoli-Gudino would pan out (is he done for the year, or could he come back from injury?). Durie, plus little thrown to Watt might be considered enough at NI receiver by this regime; with an Owens type given every down playing time at receiver.

Feoli-Gudino should be ready by mid-season. And, yes, the Argos are fine with their current crop of non-import receivers which includes two starters when some said that they would only be starting one.

argolio
07-25-2012, 02:42 PM
So this is turning into a Leafs forum (Fire Burke, trade everyone!).

Who knew?

jerrym
07-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I keep coming on the forum and thinking that there has been a trade done.
At LEAST post TRADE IDEA: before your idea in the title

I second that.

Argoscflguy
07-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Do that trade NOW!!!!!! Deslaurier has huge potential!!!!!!!!! He needs a change of scenery him and ray would be sweet!

KCargosfan
07-26-2012, 01:24 AM
So this is turning into a Leafs forum (Fire Burke, trade everyone!).

Who knew?

Trade Phil Kessell!! :)

Did I spell the name right and does he actually still play for Toronto? haha

Argocister
07-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Two things....
Placing an " Idea" in front of hypothetical trade threads would be great. Toronto fans have enough anxiety as it is ....

Secondly, Watt is the same age as SCC on the Ticats. We got him as a baby.... But he had completed his time at university. Please do not offer a trade for an older receiver ( DesLauriers) but we could discuss if leaving receivers in the CIS to develop or on the CFL roster is better for development. Let's see what SCC can actually offer once he's healthy and gets more playing time. ( not so much available with Fantuz, Stala, Giguere as NI ahead of him) I'm thinking Watt will be ahead of SCC for the next couple of years. I say keep him .

gilthethrill
07-26-2012, 10:10 AM
From a Montreal standpoint, that would be a good trade.

Will
07-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Trade Phil Kessell!! :)

Did I spell the name right and does he actually still play for Toronto? haha

There is one 'l' on the end and yes he still plays for the blue and white.

From a Montreal standpoint, that would be a good trade.

No kidding.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8