PDA

View Full Version : Jays lose 16-0 at home...Where's the media criticism of Jays and MLB?

Gill The Thrill
07-26-2012, 04:37 PM
That was a disgrace yesterday...yes, I know they've had injuries and all the media darlings are apologizing on the Jays behalf, but this was not some pitcher from the minors who got rocked...it was Ricky Romero.:o Their opening day starter and one of the faces of the franchise that they promote.

This loss is as disgraceful, if not even more so than that final meaningless Argo home game in 2004, which saw the Argos make the smart move and rest their 1st string players for the playoffs. Sure, they got killed 48-20, maybe 58-20, but instead of having the sportswriters apologize and comprehend that what the Argos did, was for the greater good...they ripped them and the Canadian Football League, Asking that they should not have had fans pay to watch that...well what the hell do you call that crap that the Jays had fans pay to watch yesterday? I was down there and got rid of my tix for Saturday and there were more fans milling around Jays shop than there were in the stands by the 2nd inning as it was 9-0 already.

Where's all the media uproar about having the Jays refund money to all the fans who had to sit through that garbage...it would have been more exciting to paint a wall and then watch it dry instead of that....yet, no mentions in the media about the value of attending yesterday's Jays game being sub-par, especially in comparison to that final Argo game in '04 which resulted in the Argos offering a free ticket to any fan who had a ticket for that game....Where are the Jays to offer that to their loyal fans, and where is the media to question whether fans would go back to watch a Jays game?....you could bet if that was an Argo loss which saw them trail 35-0 in the 1st quarter...City-TV would send Hugh Burill or Kathryn Humphries with mic in hand outside of the dome looking for fans to say, "that they'll never go back to watch the Argos and the CFL and can't wait for the Bills game to be played in Toronto.":biteme:

argolio
07-26-2012, 05:39 PM
I think it's a disgrace the A's missed the convert on their second TD!

ArgoRavi
07-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Alex Anthopoulos must have compromising pictures of all of the Toronto media because he never, ever gets any criticism despite his team being also-rans year after year.

AngeloV
07-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Alex Anthopoulos must have compromising pictures of all of the Toronto media because he never, ever gets any criticism despite his team being also-rans year after year.

I take offence to the media calling him Double A. There is only 1 Double A. That's the great Arn Anderson.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8