PDA

View Full Version : Was standing on the tiger cats goal line!!!!!!!

Argoscflguy
07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Me and my family took a trip down the qew to steeltown, to try this new ( Chicago style pizza) pizza was alright! I've had better! So since we were in the area I decided lets go see ivory wynn,we pulled in near the gates that were wide open, so we decided to walk in there was a couple staff members there! That welcomed us in with open arms, we walked right on the field, and I must say what a feeling!!!!! When you think of all the greats that have played there! The staff offered us to go anywhere in the stadium! For that I take my hats off! And wow what a stadium I had goosebumps, being in there I truly felt the tiger cats great tradition! They had banners all over the area it was cool, why Toronto doesn't do that who knows? What do I do my 6yr old son likes the tiger cats now!!!!!!!!? Lol
L

matchuk
07-28-2012, 08:29 PM
What do I do my 6yr old son likes the tiger cats now!!!!!!!!? Lol

time for an exorcism?

but that does sound pretty cool regardless...

Argocister
07-28-2012, 11:33 PM
?...". What do I do my 6yr old son likes the tiger cats now!!!!!!!!? Lol
L
Take a trip to Montreal and you will probably be able to do the same thing at Molson
Perceval Stadium. Then take him to an Argos practice where he probably can meet someone from the team. ......
Of course bribing him with an Argos shirt is always a good back up.

1argoholic
07-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Take him to an Argo practice. Meeting players is better than a dirty old crap pitt stadium. I've walked on the field at McMahon with my wife the day after they got upset in the Western Final by BC in 03 or something like that. Also for a practice leading up to that game.

Nob
07-29-2012, 01:33 AM
I've had the opportunity to be on the sideline and coach a game (although a that time I was just a positional coach. Daryll Stephenson was one of my players at that time, and now he plays for the Cats. Pretty cool).

It was a lot of fun, but that was prior to the field turf being in the stadium. The old surface was brutal.

I've been on the field at Ivor Wynne for other games, and with the new field turf it is a fun place to be.

Argoscflguy
07-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Take him to an Argo practice. Meeting players is better than a dirty old crap pitt stadium. I've walked on the field at McMahon with my wife the day after they got upset in the Western Final by BC in 03 or something like that. Also for a practice leading up to that game. Sorry not a chance!!!!!!! First off its 80 yrs old! There's a lot of history there! And I'd rather watch a game at ivory Wynn a 10000 times over then at the Rogers centre! Nothing dirty about it!? Get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!

1argoholic
07-29-2012, 05:24 PM
I've been To Ivor Wynne plenty of times and it's a hole!!! If they can construct a new facility that has the same close feeling but nice and new with nicer dressing rooms etc I'm sure everyone will be happy. I have no issues with Rogers accept the owners. It's a great comfortable place to watch a game right close to everything downtown TO has to offer.

Well I guess you'll have to change your name to Ticatcflguy.

Argoscflguy
07-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Let me guess your one of those football" fans" at Rogers centre that eat sushi while watching the game! Rogers centre is crap! It's got nothing on ivory Wynn! Ivory Wynn has history,has character,!

argolio
07-29-2012, 07:23 PM
It definitely beats the dome for sight lines.

Will
07-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Let me guess your one of those football" fans" at Rogers centre that eat sushi while watching the game! Rogers centre is crap! It's got nothing on ivory Wynn! Ivory Wynn has history,has character,!

It's Ivor Wynn.

Argoscflguy
07-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!! Rogers centre was ranked dead last in all MLB parks for a reason!???? It's lame! Boring! Dull! Etc!!!!!!!

1argoholic
07-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I spent plenty of time at CNE stadium in cold pissing rain including Grey Cup 82 where we sat in the endzone. Rogers Centre is sweet compared to that. Actually for the last 10 years other than a few trips back I sit on my comfy couch. I get pissed when in one breath people want fans at games and the next they rip Rogers Centre. It's not the stadium fault people don't come it's the lack of marketing and lack of people who give a rats ass. I had seasons for 20 years before moving west. I went to every Argo game one year along with about 6 or 7 Ticat home games.Missed one home game in that 20 years. I know what Ivor Wynne is like and it's time to upgrade.
I eat good food at a quality restaurant before a game not SHITE at stadiums.

Argoscflguy
07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
It is time for a upgrade thought! Since its so old!

LLB997
07-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Exactly!!!!!!!! Rogers centre was ranked dead last in all MLB parks for a reason!???? It's lame! Boring! Dull! Etc!!!!!!!

Who exactly ranked skydome dead last? If it was some american publication i would take it with a grain of salt. Every stadium has its ups and downs and although skydome has its downs, when the roof is open on a summer day/night, the (CN Tower) view is second to NONE.

Argoscflguy
07-30-2012, 01:10 AM
MLB fans! And also players! And the view is not 2nd to none! It's not even top 10! I've been to many ballparks! Including pnc park, Jacobs field, cinncinatti! Etc!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8