PDA

View Full Version : League reviewing Chris van Zeyl hit on JP Bekasiak

Wobbler
07-30-2012, 11:30 PM
References: Glen Suitor on Twitter, and this article in the Gazette (http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/07/30/bekasiak-lost-trestman-upset/).

I don't remember the hit they are talking about, but it would hurt to be without Van Zeyl for any length of time.

1argoholic
07-30-2012, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't worry. Mitchell tried to break a guys arm off at the elbow and got two games but because of appeal he'll be playing against us on Monday. That two games will most likely be dropped to one. The CFL suspensions are like Hamilton fans, no balls or teeth.

Argocister
07-31-2012, 01:37 AM
.......... like Hamilton fans, no balls or teeth.

LMAO....... My husband is a Hamilton fan........
:D

ArgoRavi
07-31-2012, 03:33 AM
Van Zeyl will get a fine at worst. I do remember the hit which we only saw briefly on TSN and it wasn't a great view from what I can recall. It looked like one Argo lineman, Van Zeyl I am guessing, cut Bekasiuk while he was engaged with another lineman. It probably should have been called as a crackback block but the officials missed it.

gilthethrill
07-31-2012, 07:00 AM
While the league is at it, please review the Kyries Hebert "tackle" on the Chad Owens kick return....

flafson
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
While the league is at it, please review the Kyries Hebert "tackle" on the Chad Owens kick return....

Man, when i saw it i thought he was going to kill Owens, i was amazed that nothing happened.

Nob
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
I thought Emry's low hit on the missed fg return was worse than Hebert's hit (not that I liked that one either). What made it worse for me is that Emry has been called on the carpet for prior wrong-doings, if memory serves me correct.

At least the officials got the call right on that one, and I suspect that is where it will end.

As for Van Zeyl - the league should have bigger issues with the officiating crew for missing the illegal crackback, and TE Hebert hit. Dangerous plays that could really impact players' health and safety.

Nob
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
I thought Emry's low hit on the missed fg return was worse than Hebert's hit (not that I liked that one either). What made it worse for me is that Emry has been called on the carpet for prior wrong-doings, if memory serves me correct.

At least the officials got the call right on that one, and I suspect that is where it will end.

As for Van Zeyl - the league should have bigger issues with the officiating crew for missing the illegal crackback, and TE Hebert hit. Dangerous plays that could really impact players' health and safety.

1argoholic
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
All of a sudden the league is going to start reviewing everything until we have flag football.haha

Oarsman
07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
LMAO....... My husband is a Hamilton fan........
:D

You're husband has no balls and no teeth? Yikes!

jerrym
07-31-2012, 08:17 PM

I also consider the Hebert high tackle far more dangerous and worthy of a suspension than van Zeyl's block and I'm trying to be as objective as possible. Tackling around the head and neck in the way Hebert did has a much higher probability of ending a career.

Nob
07-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Jerry - I'm not sure that I can agree with you. Both the Van Zeyl and Hebert plays were dangerous. I don't think that you can grade one worse than the other.

Wobbler
08-01-2012, 06:29 PM
The league announced that Emry will be fined for his hit but no mention was made of Van Zeyl, so he seems to be in the clear.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8