PDA

View Full Version : Simmons Released

gilthethrill
08-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Argo website reports LB Jasper Simmons has been released.

jerrym
08-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I thought he did a credible job when he was in there and therefore his release was somewhat of a surprise to me. However, the non-import - import ratio is always a delicate, especially for those who are not established stars (and it is even a delicate balance for the stars once their salaries start rising significantly above average for their position).

1argoholic
08-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm sure someone well pick him up. Would be nice if the Argos site would keep up with the times. The transactions section never gets updated.

KCargosfan
08-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Damn injuries. Was a fan since he was a product of Missouri. Maybe he can come back later in the season or catches on with someone else.

Btw -- has anyone else noticed that Edmonton has 71 guys under contract and Hamilton has 66? It's always easier to spend other people's money, but I wonder if we could have put Simmons on the injured list.

Also, is Zach Collaros really injured or are we just hiding him on the 9-gamer?

ArgoRavi
08-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Damn injuries. Was a fan since he was a product of Missouri. Maybe he can come back later in the season or catches on with someone else.

Btw -- has anyone else noticed that Edmonton has 71 guys under contract and Hamilton has 66? It's always easier to spend other people's money, but I wonder if we could have put Simmons on the injured list.

Also, is Zach Collaros really injured or are we just hiding him on the 9-gamer?

Eric Tillman always likes to have lots of players around. He had the largest roster in the league when he was in Saskatchewan and I think that it frustrated him very much that the Ottawa owners would not let him carry all of these extra players. One of the benefits of the Ricky Ray trade for Tillman was being able to have another five players on his roster as a result.

Regarding Simmons, I suspect that he did not want to hang around as a backup any longer in Toronto. As for Collaros, I am guessing that he is not seriously injured at all and could play tomorrow if necessary.

doubleblue
08-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Eric Tillman always likes to have lots of players around. He had the largest roster in the league when he was in Saskatchewan and I think that it frustrated him very much that the Ottawa owners would not let him carry all of these extra players. One of the benefits of the Ricky Ray trade for Tillman was being able to have another five players on his roster as a result.

Regarding Simmons, I suspect that he did not want to hang around as a backup any longer in Toronto. As for Collaros, I am guessing that he is not seriously injured at all and could play tomorrow if necessary.

That would be my guess as well.

flafson
08-03-2012, 10:59 AM
I still cannot believe we got Ricky Ray for Steven Jyles. If before i said we gave out a kicker and are suffering as a result, we fixed that with Waters which makes that trade so much better.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8