PDA

View Full Version : Winnipeg's offense is horrible to watch

KCargosfan
08-03-2012, 10:35 PM
This performance against Montreal is pathetic.

KCargosfan
08-03-2012, 10:54 PM
CFL officials strike again... Brink just got nailed by Rod Davis in a helmet-to-helmet hit and no call. That's a horrible no call.

AngeloV
08-03-2012, 11:17 PM
CFL officials strike again... Brink just got nailed by Rod Davis in a helmet-to-helmet hit and no call. That's a horrible no call.

And yet last week a non helmet to helmet against the Bombers IS called. Their fans must be fuming.

ArgoRavi
08-04-2012, 12:10 AM
And yet last week a non helmet to helmet against the Bombers IS called. Their fans must be fuming.

They should be fuming about how bad their team is. Other than last July and August, the Bombers have been wretched throughout the Mack/Lapolice era.

KCargosfan
08-04-2012, 02:58 AM
What the hell was Joe Mack doing this offseason? You can't let all your good players go in free agency and expect to be a decent squad.

gilthethrill
08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Winnipeg having an anemic offence should not come as a surprise. Hiring an OC with no CFL experience is a gamble. I realize the team has injuries, but add on an OC without CFL experience is a recipe for disaster.

1argoholic
08-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I think Winnipeg looks great. Keep it down Winnipeg. hahaha.

ArgoRavi
08-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Winnipeg having an anemic offence should not come as a surprise. Hiring an OC with no CFL experience is a gamble. I realize the team has injuries, but add on an OC without CFL experience is a recipe for disaster.

I had to laugh in the preseason when Doug Brown said that Gary Crowton was "almost overqualified" for the CFL. Yeah, right Doug!

KCargosfan
08-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm somewhat surprised they didn't go after Marcel Bellefeuille as their offensive coordinator.

ArgoRavi
08-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm somewhat surprised they didn't go after Marcel Bellefeuille as their offensive coordinator.

From what I recall reading, Bellefeuille wasn't that anxious to commit himself to another CFL job and was trying to land an NFL coaching position although he hasn't had any luck so far.

gilthethrill
08-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I had to laugh in the preseason when Doug Brown said that Gary Crowton was "almost overqualified" for the CFL. Yeah, right Doug!

Doug Brown is a graduate of the "Milt Stegall Bluebomber Homer School of Broadcast Journalists".....

1argoholic
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I dislike both.

paulwoods13
08-04-2012, 06:56 PM
From what I recall reading, Bellefeuille wasn't that anxious to commit himself to another CFL job and was trying to land an NFL coaching position although he hasn't had any luck so far.

If MB is seriously looking for an NFL gig, he'll have to start at the bottom, I would think -- best he could hope for at the outset would be something like receivers coach. Given his lack of experience and "credentials" in four-down football, more realistically he would probably have to start as assistant receivers coach or something like that. NFL staffs are large enough (around 16 assistant coaches) that there are a lot of "junior," entry-level positions.

AngeloV
08-04-2012, 09:54 PM
If MB is seriously looking for an NFL gig, he'll have to start at the bottom, I would think -- best he could hope for at the outset would be something like receivers coach. Given his lack of experience and "credentials" in four-down football, more realistically he would probably have to start as assistant receivers coach or something like that. NFL staffs are large enough (around 16 assistant coaches) that there are a lot of "junior," entry-level positions.

I'm thinking more like an offensive quality control coach. Someone that will assist the OC in breaking down game film and scouting.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8