PDA

View Full Version : Goodell : Bills in Buffalo a Priority.

zontar
08-08-2012, 05:26 PM
NFL commish was in Buffalo area today. Stating league is serious in keeping Bills where they are and shot down any notion they are going to LA (TOR never mentioned once.)
Local and state, fed. gov'ts are also drawing up studies for a new stadium and lease agreement.

Still all talk but one got the impression the momentum is moving in the exact opposite direction those with an NFL-complex assured us all was moving.

Looks like SportsnetandRogersandStephenBruntandFAN590andThe Score etc.. are going to have to be content with a few crumbs a year to get their fix. Remember just a few short years ago Bills were just one funeral away from moving to TOR ? LOL.

Gill The Thrill
08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
To be fair, what do you expect Roger Goodell, who is a native of Western New York, to say??

Buffalo is actually a great market in terms of fan support....they do love their sports teams and will cling onto their stars, especially the Bills players.

A lot of people like to make fun of Buffalo but for all the jokes, there sure are a lot of ex-Sabres and Bills who end up choosing to live close to there after they retire.

1argoholic
08-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Buffalo in the Winnipeg of The States. People choose to live in both places and I'm not sure why. At least Buffalo has great wings.

zontar
08-08-2012, 06:06 PM
To be fair, what do you expect Roger Goodell, who is a native of Western New York, to say??

If he wasnt that serious or optimistic I would expect him to give a diplomatic, non-commital, politician like answer. He didnt . The clip I saw he was "that close" to saying the Bills arent moving.

flafson
08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that for the Bills to be in Toronto, you would need an owner with much deeper pockets than the owners of the Blue Jays. Just to remind everyone that at the begining of this year, the Blue Jays were paying a salary of 84 million per year.

Fungi
08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Meh! Can we move this to CFL news...
This is an Argo forum. You know...CFL...not NFL...that would be a good place to discuss anything Buffalo.

matthew
08-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Winnipeg is actually ok. If you're a foodie, you can't pick a better town. Stella's pancakes are the best I have ever had!!

argolio
08-09-2012, 12:55 AM
If he wasnt that serious or optimistic I would expect him to give a diplomatic, non-commital, politician like answer. He didnt . The clip I saw he was "that close" to saying the Bills arent moving.That's the way I saw it too, but ultimately the money has to be put on the table for the Bills to stay in Buffalo long-term.

LLB997
08-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Buffalo in the Winnipeg of The States. People choose to live in both places and I'm not sure why. At least Buffalo has great wings.

The worst wings i ever had were in Buffalo. The best were in Winnipeg oddly enough.Ok, i'm BSing about the Winnipeg part. I am pretty sure the Chicken wing didn't come out of Buffalo anyhow. Thats like a city claiming steak.

1argoholic
08-09-2012, 06:00 PM
The best thing that came out of Winnipeg was my folks who moved to Toronto to have me. haha. Thankfully. I have very few good Winnipeg memories other than Grey Cup 91 football game not my first wife who I met there that year.

ArgoZ
08-09-2012, 11:03 PM
The worst wings i ever had were in Buffalo. The best were in Winnipeg oddly enough.Ok, i'm BSing about the Winnipeg part. I am pretty sure the Chicken wing didn't come out of Buffalo anyhow. Thats like a city claiming steak.

Look up the "Anchor Bar". The story goes that the Chef was low on food and decided to deep fry some chicken wings. It was a hit and thus gave birth to the Buffalo Wing, a deep fried chicken wing from Buffalo, USA.

Midnight Blue
08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Look up the "Anchor Bar". The story goes that the Chef was low on food and decided to deep fry some chicken wings. It was a hit and thus gave birth to the Buffalo Wing, a deep fried chicken wing from Buffalo, USA.

Winnipeg has deep-fried mosquito wings; not necessarily tastier, but at 6" long each, they are certainly bigger.

1argoholic
08-09-2012, 11:40 PM
hahaha. It's mosquito legs that are all the rage in the Peg. Who needs frog legs?

Midnight Blue
08-09-2012, 11:53 PM
hahaha. It's mosquito legs that are all the rage in the Peg. Who needs frog legs?

Good point. As I mentioned last week, the Winnipeg Mosquitos keep flying off with 2x4s, and small I-beams from the Winnipeg Stadium construction site (to build their mosquito nests), hence delaying construction. Their legs must be meaty.

Anything goes great with Labatt's 50, including mosquito legs. I used to drink 50 all the time ... now I fall down after 35.

Cheers !

LLB997
08-10-2012, 03:22 AM
i still don't buy buffalo's claim. Iv'e had better wings in TO than i had at the anchor bar. TO is a good food town, Nyc is good to but has gone downhill for its native fare i.e. bagels, pizza.. You can't even find a great Nyc Bagel in Nyc anymore. Mile End Montreal Deli in Brooklyn was voted Nyc's best bagel and smoked meat .

ArgoZ
08-11-2012, 04:30 PM
i still don't buy buffalo's claim. Iv'e had better wings in TO than i had at the anchor bar. TO is a good food town, Nyc is good to but has gone downhill for its native fare i.e. bagels, pizza.. You can't even find a great Nyc Bagel in Nyc anymore. Mile End Montreal Deli in Brooklyn was voted Nyc's best bagel and smoked meat .

:ohno:What do you not understand? OK, one last time. Buffalo wings were created in Buffalo, at the Anchor Bar. They are a deep fried small chicken wings covered in sauce. Just because they were created there doesn't mean they are currently the best. You may hear that Buffalo has the best chicken wings (Buffalo wings), but that is not the claim, it's that they were invented there.

ArgoGabe22
08-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Anchor Bar is a tourist trap. Bar Bill and Gabriel's Gate have the best wings in B-lo. Duff's is pretty bad imo especially when you can get them in Toronto.

LLB997
08-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Argoz, no offence intended, had no idea you owned the place.

Fungi
08-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Chicago's , if it's still there on Queen st. Best wings ever. Good Pub. It's been awhile.

Fungi
08-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Great thread BTW. LOL

ArgoZ
08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Great thread BTW. LOL

My current favorite wings are the Golden Buffalo at Kelsey's. Medium sauce and hot mustard is the combo. There just so tasty!

Gill The Thrill
08-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Anchor Bar is a tourist trap. Bar Bill and Gabriel's Gate have the best wings in B-lo. Duff's is pretty bad imo especially when you can get them in Toronto.Gabriel's Gate has the best wings I've had in Buffalo...Anchor Bar's wings a little to oily for my liking....Where is the Bar Bill? that one I have not heard of.

I went to a few Sabres games last season, don't know if I'll go this upcoming season but if I'd do, I'd try the place out.

ArgoGabe22
08-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Gabriel's Gate has the best wings I've had in Buffalo...Anchor Bar's wings a little to oily for my liking....Where is the Bar Bill? that one I have not heard of.

I went to a few Sabres games last season, don't know if I'll go this upcoming season but if I'd do, I'd try the place out.

Bar Bill is in Aurora or East Aurora so its actually a bit out of the way. Closer to Ralph Wilson Stadium.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8