PDA

View Full Version : Nice play calling by Calgary tonight in the 2nd half

KCargosfan
08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Good work by Dave Dickenson. Happy to see the Ti-Cats lose.

Midnight Blue
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Good work by Dave Dickenson. Happy to see the Ti-Cats lose.

What's the sound of a frozen cat, going through a bandsaw?

--- "Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooooww ."

ArgoRavi
08-09-2012, 11:16 PM
This keeps the Argos in a three-way tie atop the East Division. I can't complain about that.

1argoholic
08-09-2012, 11:34 PM
How about those blocks by Lewis. Argos better keep their heads on a swivel next week. Great win.

Midnight Blue
08-10-2012, 12:22 AM
This keeps the Argos in a three-way tie atop the East Division. I can't complain about that.

No complaints here either. I've always thought that the first six games of the season were a shake-down/get-working-together; the next six are for really getting into the groove as a team, and the last six are for putting the petal to the metal. Of course, great teams get to the last stage after 3-6 games, but I'm happy that the team is at 3-3, considering all the new players. I've also wondered, is it ever too late for a Quarterback to work on scrambling skills? Would it, like, totally mess up Ricky Ray, if say, someone like Damon Allen, were to come in and teach scrambling skills? RR is only 32, I believe, so, should he work on that aspect of his game? I mean, if anyone can still learn, I believe RR would qualify. Is that realistic?

I can see him now, spending the bye-week taking snaps and running backwards and sideways through a backfield consisting of nothing but rubber tires lying beside each other, twenty yards back from the line of scrimmage, sideline to sideline. Has a pocket-passing QB ever expanded his skills, to scrambling? Just curious.

How about those blocks by Lewis. Argos better keep their heads on a swivel next week. Great win.

Those were some great blocks. I remember one of the game commentators saying that sometimes the Defensive Backs should warn the Defensive Linemen, if a certain configuration shows up on the line, since the Linemen are just basically geared to go after the QB. I know I heard that during the game. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could elaborate....

Cheers !

ArgoRavi
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
No complaints here either. I've always thought that the first six games of the season were a shake-down/get-working-together; the next six are for really getting into the groove as a team, and the last six are for putting the petal to the metal. Of course, great teams get to the last stage after 3-6 games, but I'm happy that the team is at 3-3, considering all the new players. I've also wondered, is it ever too late for a Quarterback to work on scrambling skills? Would it, like, totally mess up Ricky Ray, if say, someone like Damon Allen, were to come in and teach scrambling skills? RR is only 32, I believe, so, should he work on that aspect of his game? I mean, if anyone can still learn, I believe RR would qualify. Is that realistic?

I can see him now, spending the bye-week taking snaps and running backwards and sideways through a backfield consisting of nothing but rubber tires lying beside each other, twenty yards back from the line of scrimmage, sideline to sideline. Has a pocket-passing QB ever expanded his skills, to scrambling? Just curious.

I would think that scrambling ability is something that you either have or don't have and can't really be taught.

gilthethrill
08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Calgary looks very beatable....Argo D should have another strong game next week against Glenn....

AngeloV
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Calgary looks very beatable....Argo D should have another strong game next week against Glenn....

I totally agree. I was at the game last night, and still can't believe that Hamilton ended up losing. Glenn was horrible all night, and it's a good thing that Dickenson was smart enough to take the ball out of his hands and let Cornish just keep running.

gilthethrill
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
I totally agree. I was at the game last night, and still can't believe that Hamilton ended up losing. Glenn was horrible all night, and it's a good thing that Dickenson was smart enough to take the ball out of his hands and let Cornish just keep running.

Hamilton can't stop the run, Cornish will not gain that much against Jone's D...Calgary will have to beat the Argos riding on the arm of KG....don't see that happening.

1argoholic
08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
You never know what can happen from week to week. Hopefully we finally plugged those big holes up the middle from the first few games. At least next week my wife will be out of town while our two teams clash so I'll be able to cheer or swear as much as I like. haha.
How did you stay dry Angelo? Man was it pissing at times. That's the reason I believe a nice outdoor stadium where the fans are covered would be great. Not unlike one of the soccer stadiums they've been using at the Olympics.

Will
08-10-2012, 06:38 PM
It was a little strange to have a Hamilton home game on a Thursday night.

The weather basically dictated the game. Chevon Walker while a good RB doesn't have that pounding ability that is needed in inclement weather. Also harder for Henry to get the throws to his speedy receivers.

ArgoRavi
08-10-2012, 08:18 PM
You never know what can happen from week to week. Hopefully we finally plugged those big holes up the middle from the first few games.

The Argos did a terrific job defending against Cornish in Week 2 as he only had 39 yards rushing.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8