PDA

View Full Version : Report: Burris to be traded to Hamilton this week

ArgoRavi
01-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Media reports have Henry Burris on his way to Hamilton this week in exchange for Kevin Glenn and centre (and former Argo) Mark Dewit. The Ticats will have their new QB even before they hire their new head coach. The Stamps now have a dependable backup in Glenn to go with new starter Drew Tate.

matchuk
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
saw that earlier today...weeks ago i thought burris was going to be an argo, but still am waaaaay happier its ray and not smilin' hank...i guess both these qbs need a change of pace

bluto
01-02-2012, 09:27 PM
i'd rather Ray than Burris as well. no contest.but i'm still not happy about this. was hoping Tillman would make a move for Hank. i would much rather have Glenn in my division than Burris. i have never gone into a game against Glenn feeling concern that he would do something to beat us. Burris on the other hand on his day can kill you. here's hoping that the people that are saying that Henry is washed up are right... because if he ain't, our division just got messier.

Will
01-02-2012, 09:50 PM
The Argos defense, for whatever reason, has had success in the past against Burris. That might have been Burris in combination with the Stampeders, but it might have not.

bluto
01-02-2012, 10:26 PM
are you sure you aren't remembering back when we had the Stubler 3-4 defence? back then we had every QB's number... but in recent seasons notsomuch.

ArgoRavi
01-03-2012, 12:18 AM
The Argos are 3-1 against Calgary over the last two seasons and Burris has had a tough time in all of the games but especially in the last three which he and the Stamps have lost.

argolio
01-03-2012, 12:34 AM
The Argos are 3-1 against Calgary over the last two seasons and Burris has had a tough time in all of the games but especially in the last three which he and the Stamps have lost.And yet we were life and death to win all three of those games. If Tate started all of 2011, you could argue they would have swept us.

As for Burris, maybe he's got not much left, or maybe going to a new team will rejuvenate him. We'll see.

bluto
01-03-2012, 08:24 AM
i guess that's why i had the impression that we hadn't "had their number"... it's not like the wins weren't nail-biters that could have gone either way (now that i look back at them)

hopefully whatever it was that gave Burris a rough go against us continues.

jump_serve
01-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Great trade. There will finally be more parity in the CFL this year. As a fan thats all I want to see.

ArgoRavi
01-03-2012, 03:58 PM
i guess that's why i had the impression that we hadn't "had their number"... it's not like the wins weren't nail-biters that could have gone either way (now that i look back at them)

hopefully whatever it was that gave Burris a rough go against us continues.

It would be interesting to see Burris' TD/INT ratio against the Argos over the last two seasons as I seem to recall him throwing a lot of picks over that time against Toronto.

bluto
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Great trade. There will finally be more parity in the CFL this year. As a fan thats all I want to see.

i have no interest in parity... maybe for the other 7 teams, but i want to see the Argos go 20-0

Will
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
It would be interesting to see Burris' TD/INT ratio against the Argos over the last two seasons as I seem to recall him throwing a lot of picks over that time against Toronto.

It can be easily researched on CFL.ca

ArgoRavi
01-03-2012, 11:51 PM
It can be easily researched on CFL.ca

Yeah, I am just too lazy to do it. :)

7dj83r8f78t4alf8