View Full Version : Any Kenyon Rambo news?

1argoholic
08-10-2012, 12:09 AM
So is he still hanging around trying to get healthy or what? Never hear anything. Well I guess I'd hear crap if I was into tweeterfest.

1argoholic
08-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Well is he still hanging around? I don't believe he's officially an Argo yet. Any word?

ArgoGabe22
08-20-2012, 02:04 PM
He hangs around the side lines at practice wearing Argos gear with Quincy Hurst. He said he's almost ready or he wouldn't be here to Matthew Schiantti.

gilthethrill
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I caught a glimpse of Julian Feoli-Gudino in uniform on the sidelines in Calgary Saturday night. His patience of hanging around while injured paid off.

1argoholic
08-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I thought I saw him Gil. Quincy Hurst is also around. He's the former University of Manitoba guy correct? Thanks!

Fungi
08-21-2012, 12:48 AM
I'd like to see Rambo.
Is Djem kouame available anytime soon. I was really looking forward to seeing him rip it up.

gilthethrill
08-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I thought I saw him Gil. Quincy Hurst is also around. He's the former University of Manitoba guy correct? Thanks!

You are right 1, he did play in Manitoba...my point about Julian is that it did not take him long to get in uniform. He must be making good progress.

1argoholic
08-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I'd love nothing more than one of our Canadian receivers step up and look great. I'm frankley sick of seeing and hearing about other Canucks doing great on other teams. Look at the Muamba (not sure of spelling) bros both getting TSN game balls. Right out of Peel Region. Lions have some local GTA guys doing good. It was nice to see Lee play well against Calgary.

bigzee19
08-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Just read the we have signed him to the roster on twitter. Things now will get interesting at wr.......

Skinny G
08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/article/1244496--toronto-argos-sign-ken-yon-rambo-as-receiving-corps-get-more-crowded

Toronto Argos sign Ken-Yon Rambo as receiving corps get more crowdedPublished on Tuesday August 21, 2012

Bob Mitchell
Sports Reporter

The Argos (http://www.thestar.com/topic/Argos) receiving corps just got a little more crowded.

On Tuesday, former Calgary Stampeders’ star receiver Ken-Yon Rambo (http://cfl.ca/roster/show/id/451) was added to the practice roster. He’ll be on the field with the team Thursday as Toronto prepares for next Monday’s clash at the Rogers Centre against the Edmonton Eskimos.

Maurice Mann (http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/article/1242739--toronto-argos-receiver-maurice-mann-itching-to-play-again-after-recovering-from-injury) is already biding his time to get into the lineup after being sidelined with a nasty gash to his leg as a result of a training camp spill.

The addition of Rambo, 33, will undoubtedly put some pressure on slotback Jason Barnes and rookie pass catcher Dontrelle Inman to perform in order to keep their spot on the roster.
Barnes is coming off of his best game of the season — four catches for 44 yards — in Toronto’s 22-14 win on Saturday (http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/article/1242739--toronto-argos-receiver-maurice-mann-itching-to-play-again-after-recovering-from-injury) over the Stampeders. Inman has had a dynamic rookie season. He made a spectacular one-handed catch against the Stamps and is tied for 14th place among CFL receivers with 354 yards on 21 catches and two TDs.

Rambo was released by Calgary during training camp after seven seasons as one of the team’s top pass catchers. An Achilles injury prevented the veteran from participating in practice and he was hampered off and on by the problem throughout last season.

Soon after his release, Rambo showed up in Toronto and has been a regular at Argos practices watching from the sidelines and running by himself before the team took to the field.
Rambo won a Grey Cup with the Stamps in 2008 and left the team in eighth place among its all-time receivers in receptions with 406 and 5,995 receiving yards.

In his Grey Cup season, he led the CFL with 1,473 yards on 100 catches and 8 TDs and was a CFL all-star.

The 6-foot-1, 207 player from Ohio State caught 39 TDs during his career with Calgary, good for 10th on the team’s all-time list.

paulwoods13
08-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Wow -- he has been hanging around all season and not even on the PR until now! Wonder how they managed that.

AngeloV
08-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow -- he has been hanging around all season and not even on the PR until now! Wonder how they managed that.

Creative accounting, I guess.

1argoholic
08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I hope he stays healthy and gets in the lineup. He can run a nice route and should be the most polished receiver we have if it works out.

AngeloV
08-21-2012, 11:53 PM
I hope it works out, but I have reservations about it. I'm concerned if he doesn't see the ball enough, he may be one of those guys that rocks the boat. Say whatever you want about Barnes and Mann, but they have great attitudes. IMO, that goes a long way towards building a winner.

Fungi
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I think getting better talent that could put more points on trhe board, builds a winning team. Guys with good attitudes need to get open more.

ArgoGabe22
08-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Its not that easy to just put him in the lineup and get a receiver rotation going on. The Argos have such a dilemma with non-import ratio plus who are the scratches. Montreal and Calgary seemed to have a good receiver rotation. Players like Andrew Hawkins, Brandon London weren't regulars before put played a few snaps and look at how they are today. Hawkins is in the NFL, London is now a starter.

AngeloV
08-22-2012, 01:21 PM
I think getting better talent that could put more points on trhe board, builds a winning team. Guys with good attitudes need to get open more.

Right. That's why Arland Bruce is on his 4th team...Terrell Owens is on his 5th or 6th...and nobody will touch former South Carolina QB Stephen Garcia.

1argoholic
08-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Then you have BC who's loaded and shuffle receivers in and out and all seem to play well. It comes down to who's looking and finding the talent and no one is better than Wally. He seems to have a formula that works.

ArgoRavi
08-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Right. That's why Arland Bruce is on his 4th team...Terrell Owens is on his 5th or 6th...and nobody will touch former South Carolina QB Stephen Garcia.

Montreal did touch Garcia but he left the Als last week for some reason. I don't know if he will be back or not which only serves to prove your point further, Angelo.

Rich
08-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Right. That's why Arland Bruce is on his 4th team

Oh, you must be referring to the Grey Cup Champions, I guess he didn't hurt his team that much, eh?

AngeloV
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh, you must be referring to the Grey Cup Champions, I guess he didn't hurt his team that much, eh?

He hasn't worn out his welcome yet. He will. He's not exactly tearing up anymore, you know.

Fungi
08-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Tell me the coaches he was under before he ended up in BC.
He just needed GOOD coaching.
I'm not getting into your debate.
AB3 has talent.
C'mon....admit it...with good coaching...
LOL

AngeloV
08-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Tell me the coaches he was under before he ended up in BC.
He just needed GOOD coaching.
I'm not getting into your debate.
AB3 has talent.
C'mon....admit it...with good coaching...
LOL

His talent was never in question, but it is definitely declining. He's only 15th in the league in yards receiving.

Will
08-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Montreal did touch Garcia but he left the Als last week for some reason. I don't know if he will be back or not which only serves to prove your point further, Angelo.

He's returned to the team.

1argoholic
08-23-2012, 12:29 AM
I still like Bruce and he looked solid the other night.

Wobbler
08-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Our reserve receiver list is starting to look pretty good. If Watt-Owens-Barnes-Inman-Durie all went down (heaven forbid), we'd still be able to field JFG-Williams-Rambo-Mann-Johnson. A step down for sure, but we could probably still win games with those guys.

ArgoRavi
08-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Our reserve receiver list is starting to look pretty good. If Watt-Owens-Barnes-Inman-Durie all went down (heaven forbid), we'd still be able to field JFG-Williams-Rambo-Mann-Johnson. A step down for sure, but we could probably still win games with those guys.

We still have Demario Ballard in reserve too.

Rich
08-23-2012, 10:21 AM
He hasn't worn out his welcome yet. He will. He's not exactly tearing up anymore, you know.

The point is a so-called "problem player" is obviously not a problem at all if his team wins the Grey Cup. It's all about winning, isn't it?

The best coaches know how to handle the so-called problem player. And it has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with the qualities it takes to be a leader among men. A great leader is someone who knows how to get the best out of each and every member of his team. Wally Buono clearly has these qualities. Bruce's previous two coaches, Bellefeuille and the coach-who-shall-remain-nameless, are very clearly lacking in these qualities.

gilthethrill
08-23-2012, 10:33 AM
The point is a so-called "problem player" is obviously not a problem at all if his team wins the Grey Cup. It's all about winning, isn't it?

However your team is not going to win it year after year. Being a good teammate is showing character & perservering when times are tough.

Rich
08-23-2012, 11:18 AM

However your team is not going to win it year after year. Being a good teammate is showing character & perservering when times are tough.

Year after year? Now you're getting greedy. I'll take a Cup win whenever I can.

gilthethrill
08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Year after year? Now you're getting greedy. I'll take a Cup win whenever I can.

Rich, I think you misread my post....if you are only going to be a good teammate when you are winning, therein lies the problem. That is the point I was trying to make. That comment btw, is not neccessarily directed at ABIII.

AngeloV
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM

You don't think that a lot of it has to do with the probability that this is his last chance? If he wears out his welcome with another team, and taken his declining numbers into effect, he will not get another chance.

1argoholic
08-23-2012, 04:56 PM
I think Bruce has just toned it down as he's aged and knows he has it pretty good with a great chance tobe wearing another Grey Cup ring after this Nov. BC has to be the favorite at this point.

Fungi
08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Another reason why AB3 is doing good, is because the Lions staff knows he's ageing. Geroy is aging, yet no one shytes on him. If a stallwart player is surrounded by quality, he will respond 'in kind'. The Lions will replace Geroy AND AB3, but I'll bet they'll do it with style.
Argos have yet to do anything with style.
Hopefully they can figure that out.

argolio
08-24-2012, 12:10 AM
I still like Bruce and he looked solid the other night.It helped a lot that basically no one covered him on his first two catches.

doubleblue
08-24-2012, 09:07 AM

Other than Johnson instead of Durie the so called 2nd string might be a little better. I don't know if that means the Argos have great depth or a lot of medicore receivers.

1argoholic
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
True enough we have plenty of depth but are any going to thrive.

AngeloV
08-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Back to Rambo....I still don't know why there is such a big excitement level over him. In 7 years in the league, he has only had 2 thousand yard seasons. I never considered him a go to receiver, but more of a big play guy. Coming off of his injury and at 33, I highly doubt that he will be the big play guy he was. The only guy he could replace IMO (given the ratio) would be Barnes or Inman, and I wouldn't make either of those moves.

ArgoRavi
08-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Another reason why AB3 is doing good, is because the Lions staff knows he's ageing. Geroy is aging, yet no one shytes on him. If a stallwart player is surrounded by quality, he will respond 'in kind'. The Lions will replace Geroy AND AB3, but I'll bet they'll do it with style.
Argos have yet to do anything with style.
Hopefully they can figure that out.

If Geroy and ABIII retire on their own, then, yes, it will look like the Lions are "doing it with style" just like the Argos did with Chad Folk. If Geroy and ABIII insist that they can still play when the Lions are finished with them, then it will be a different story as they will be cut loose. Wally has done that in the past with the likes of Allen Pitts and Alondra Johnson in Calgary and Kelvin Anderson in B.C.

1argoholic
08-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I think Rambo will be able to get open as he's always run crisp routes and with a guy like Ray it could be a good match. It's worth a try. He's all heart much like Lewis.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8