PDA

View Full Version : Is Kavis Reed the best coach in the CFL?

KCargosfan
08-11-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm stunned what he has done with Edmonton.

1argoholic
08-11-2012, 01:27 AM
I think he could be the best coach in CFL history. haha. Tillman knows how to find talent so I'm not surprised how they've done.

ArgoRavi
08-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Reed reminds me of Marcel Bellefeuille in that neither was necessarily a great assistant coach but both are much better head coaches. Then you have the other type which is more common - the assistant who really isn't cut out to be a head coach.

LLB997
08-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Reed is fantastic. This guy is going to be a CFL coach for a long time. Sowing the seeds nicely for a great career.

gilthethrill
08-11-2012, 07:52 AM
What is going on here??? Eskimos are 4-2 with Steven Jyles (who has decent stats btw) at the helm...I thought the Ray/Jyles trade was supposed to be a steal for the Argos...I am trying not to panic...

paulwoods13
08-11-2012, 09:43 AM
1. Getting RR for SJ WAS a steal for the Argos, even with the other pieces we had to give up.

2. The Esks are ONE game better than us through the first third of the season.

3. We are not competing with the Esks for a playoff spot.

No need to panic, gil.

gilthethrill
08-11-2012, 12:52 PM
You are right paul.....that trade was a steal for the Argos....although, with the crossover, we are technically competing with all teams for a playoff spot, no? I think I am just a bit off this weekend...it is only Saturday & there are no more CFL games this week.....when does the UFL start??? :)

1argoholic
08-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I knew as I've mentioned in the past that Ray alone can't win games. We've had way too many changes and need some more obviously. We need an upgrade as I'm finally going to say that Barnes has been a bust so far. I was a fan but he's missing something. Not sold on Watt. Not sold on our use of Johnson and Bradwell in regard to O. This team to me is a few years away from being a solid Grey Cup contender. Having said that this is the CFL and strange things have happenned in the past and we are in the mix of things.

ArgoRavi
08-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I knew as I've mentioned in the past that Ray alone can't win games. We've had way too many changes and need some more obviously. We need an upgrade as I'm finally going to say that Barnes has been a bust so far. I was a fan but he's missing something. Not sold on Watt. Not sold on our use of Johnson and Bradwell in regard to O. This team to me is a few years away from being a solid Grey Cup contender. Having said that this is the CFL and strange things have happenned in the past and we are in the mix of things.

Tell me who has a better defence in the east than the Argos currently? That alone gives us as good of a chance as anyone in the east this year.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8