PDA

View Full Version : Reviewable Plays

argofandave
08-11-2012, 01:34 AM
When Darian Durant completed a pass but was over the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball, I didn't think that play was reviewable. I thought that Edmonton would get a penalty for delay of game when they threw the challenge flag. I didn't think that a team could challenge a penalty or non-penalty. If this can be challenged, couldn't a team challenge a face masking penalty that wasn't called or an offside that wasn't called or a no yards penalty that wasn't called or a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't called? Could someone explain this to me. Thanks.

ArgoRavi
08-11-2012, 01:52 AM
When Darian Durant completed a pass but was over the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball, I didn't think that play was reviewable. I thought that Edmonton would get a penalty for delay of game when they threw the challenge flag. I didn't think that a team could challenge a penalty or non-penalty. If this can be challenged, couldn't a team challenge a face masking penalty that wasn't called or an offside that wasn't called or a no yards penalty that wasn't called or a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't called? Could someone explain this to me. Thanks.

I think that the idea is that whether a QB is over the line of scrimmage or not is completely objective unlike any other penalty call. In other words, it is clear that he either is or isn't. With facemasking, there can still be a subjective element to that call and, of course, something like interference is highly subjective.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8