PDA

View Full Version : Argos add depth at receiver

ArgoGabe22
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I thought this was a big signing when I saw the title but to no surprise we just re-signed JFG who got injured at camp.

ARGONAUTS.CA STAFF

MISSISSAUGA- The Toronto Argonauts are pleased to announce that non-import receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino (http://www.argonauts.ca/roster/show/id/4741) from Laval University has re-signed with the team. The 2008 Vanier Cup MVP was projected early to be a high, first round pick in the 2011 CFL Canadian Draft. He suffered an injury during the 2010 season, which decreased his draft stock, but the Argos confidently grabbed Feoli-Gudino in the fifth-round knowing that he was already on the mend. He returned to school in 2011 and again powered the Rouge et Or to a Vanier Cup run, leading the QUFL in receptions and receiving yards. The CIS’s second-leading career receptions leader participated in Argonauts’ Rookies & QBs camp before being released due to a leg injury.

1argoholic
08-14-2012, 06:34 PM
You just keep dropping the scoops. Keep diggin! Thanks.

I love this and glad he's healthy. I hope he's our next Paul Masotti.

OV Argo
08-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice to see him added to the roster - hope he can stay healthy - let's see if he ever plays for the Argos.

1argoholic
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Would be nice to see him get a chance.

Midnight Blue
08-14-2012, 10:32 PM
His name is so long, that he'll probably draw double coverage.

1argoholic
08-14-2012, 10:37 PM
See this can be a fun silly site. Cory is gone so it's better to laugh then to cry.

argolio
08-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Great to see him back, healthy, and signed.

jerrym
08-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I was impressed with his hands in the Vanier Cup. He could be a very valuable possession receiver a la Dave Stala.

gilthethrill
08-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Could this spell the end for veteran wr Danny Desriveau who is currently on the PR? Is the return of Quincy Hurst far behind? He has been sighted standing on the Argo sideline beside Julian for most of the season thus far.

ArgoGabe22
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Could this spell the end for veteran wr Danny Desriveau who is currently on the PR? Is the return of Quincy Hurst far behind? He has been sighted standing on the Argo sideline beside Julian for most of the season thus far.

Quincy Hurst is at practice with Kenyon Rambo. Djems Kuome isn't on crutches anymore and is walking fine. JFG was there as well but I didn't see him the last two times.

Rambo says he's close or he wouldn't be here.

KCargosfan
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Hall & Oates like this move.

eiben35
08-15-2012, 10:06 AM
They need to replace Spencer Watt and hopefully this signing starts the process along.

gilthethrill
08-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Quincy Hurst is at practice with Kenyon Rambo. Djems Kuome isn't on crutches anymore is walking fine.

With all those receivers getting healthy, expect moves to be made.....hopefully one of them replaces Watt....:)

Argocister
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
With all those receivers getting healthy, expect moves to be made.....hopefully one of them replaces Watt....:)
Although I would like Watt to succeed, I think that Feoli-Gudino ..... JFG..... Will probably progress quicker. JFG is a year older than Watt, but has had the opportunity to play with Laval the last 5 years. He has some good stats from his years in the CIS.
Although, if we have a few non-import receivers it would allow us to free up those spots on the O-line.

OV Argo
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=Argocister;14048]Although I would like Watt to succeed, I think that Feoli-Gudino ..... JFG..... Will probably progress quicker. JFG is a year older than Watt, but has had the opportunity to play with Laval the last 5 years. He has some good stats from his years in the CIS.

"Good stats" ? - i believe Feoli-Gudino is something like 2nd all-time in CIS receiving. Might have to beat out Watt for the little used wide-side "NI receiver position" though; and Watt is i think probably quite a bit faster - not sure JFG would get a look anywhere else in this Argo O; his strength might be as an all-round, well rounded, good hands receiver - and he did get deep and make some big plays with Laval.

And speaking of former Laval offensive stars - i wish the Argos had drafted or even signed as a FA - Laval tailback Seb Levesque - for a look - big-play, explosive running back; but i guess the CFL "scouts" know best in writing this guy off; at least the Argos took a chance to look at Durie after he was not drafted - seemed to have paid off a bit anyways.

RoRoYoBoat
08-15-2012, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Argocister;14048]Although I would like Watt to succeed, I think that Feoli-Gudino ..... JFG..... Will probably progress quicker. JFG is a year older than Watt, but has had the opportunity to play with Laval the last 5 years. He has some good stats from his years in the CIS.

"Good stats" ? - i believe Feoli-Gudino is something like 2nd all-time in CIS receiving. Might have to beat out Watt for the little used wide-side "NI receiver position" though; and Watt is i think probably quite a bit faster - not sure JFG would get a look anywhere else in this Argo O; his strength might be as an all-round, well rounded, good hands receiver - and he did get deep and make some big plays with Laval.

And speaking of former Laval offensive stars - i wish the Argos had drafted or even signed as a FA - Laval tailback Seb Levesque - for a look - big-play, explosive running back; but i guess the CFL "scouts" know best in writing this guy off; at least the Argos took a chance to look at Durie after he was not drafted - seemed to have paid off a bit anyways.

Gudino has very soft hands and is a great zone reader.

Wobbler
08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Now we know the real reason why Boyd was released; Julian Feoli-Gudino's contract demands were outrageous but we had to have him! (heh heh)

KCargosfan
08-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Now we know the real reason why Boyd was released; Julian Feoli-Gudino's contract demands were outrageous but we had to have him! (heh heh)

haha, good one.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8