PDA

View Full Version : When the drought season hits Vancouver Island it hits hard. 39c in the shade.

1argoholic
08-17-2012, 08:58 PM
We have to very crappy seasons, rain and slop then drought. My tree pits are like lakes in the winter and every summer deep cracks all around them.I watched a little Garter snake crawl into one. Yesterday got to 38 in the shade and today 39. I took the time to roast my arse and test out my bad tendinitis elbow and cut part of our yard. I haven't been able to do squat for five or six weeks.
We're in a very hot mico climate area just tucked in below Mt Prevost in North Cowichan. No sea breeze for us. No weather station in Duncan either so our reports come from Victoria Airport which is no where near us. Cowichan means warmland in Coast Salish tongue. No Crap!!!

argonaut11xx
08-20-2012, 12:49 PM
BC weather....it is damp every single morning...my broken down old body aches like crazy...

That said, June sucked completely..worst month of weather in my entire 47 years on this planet..July was nice (cold at night), August has been ok so far.

It sure aint Ontario..

Will
08-20-2012, 12:50 PM
The weather here has cooled down nicely. Not too much, but it is comfortable.

1argoholic
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Wait until winter argonaut11xx and you'll wish it was June again. Our first winter it rained for at least two straight weeks. You know it'll be very low clouds and rain or that west coast drizzle. Our weather is obviously much different even than Vancouver. Vancouver stays cooler as does Victoria. They always Port Alberni has the hottest island temps and our weather here is usually the same in summer. We don't have a proper weather station in Duncan so the temps shown on the news are always a farce. We get pretty much zero rain in the summer other than the other night that had a few drops of acid rain on my freshly washed dark blue car. Piss me off. I miss those thunder storms in Ontario that washed the car and truck. We've cooled to about 24 or 25 now.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8