PDA

View Full Version : CFL officiating strikes again, again

KCargosfan
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Obviously not a catch for Montreal late in the game, another horrible call. Also horrible that the Ti-Cats didn't challenge that.

Will
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm more bewildered that Cortez didn't challenge! He has the personality of Mr. Spock.

ArgoRavi
08-23-2012, 11:32 PM
I can't blame the officials when the Ticats had a means of making sure that the correct call was made and did nothing about it. At that point in the game, there was only one more minute to challenge anything before all challenges would be initiated by the league so why not throw the yellow flag at that point? Had the Ticats challenged anything in the game up to that point? If not, that would have been a free challenge too rather than one where they would be risking a time out.

argolio
08-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Those can be tough calls for officials even if they're in good position, but not challenging was ridiculous.

I think the Als had positive yardage on every play of the last drive. Even one stop by the Cats might have resulted in a different outcome. On the other side, the Als got a key sack on Burris late in the 4th in a key situation.

1argoholic
08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Perhaps Cortez was too busy choking on his pen to notice that non catch. Cortez will be lucky to survive four or five more years with all the BPA he's ingesting from all of those plastic pens not to mention the ink.

KCargosfan
08-24-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm more bewildered that Cortez didn't challenge! He has the personality of Mr. Spock.

How does Cortez get a job in this league? He also didn't use his timeout down the stretch when Montreal was driving, what an idiot.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8