Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Do the Lions have any weaknesses?

Thoughts?

The CFL site is touting their defensive backfield as possibly the best ever with Shell and Parker joining their veterans. They got major breaks when both linemen didn't go to the NFL, they are set at QB and WR. I'm a little concerned about them being a powerhouse. I know I'm missing something, so what is it?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Thoughts?

The CFL site is touting their defensive backfield as possibly the best ever with Shell and Parker joining their veterans. They got major breaks when both linemen didn't go to the NFL, they are set at QB and WR. I'm a little concerned about them being a powerhouse. I know I'm missing something, so what is it?
    How will Mike Benevides transition into the role of head coach? If David Cynamon liked him, then that could be a potential weak spot for the Lions.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Their weakness? Shell and Parker joining their veterans

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Exactly they have a defensive backfield with an average age of like 32. They had a young Stanley Franks who suffered a really bad injury and I asked the Leos how he was doing and they never got back to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    haha, not a fan of their secondary I take it.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    As daunting as the Lions may look on paper, the statement "any given Sunday" applies or more accurately for the Argos "any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday." Just ask the 2007 New England Patriots or the 1989 Edmonton Eskimos and they'd say they got bit in the behind by that very statement. I'll finish off with a Yogi-ism: "It ain't over till its over."
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Putting the pressure on them starting now: 18-0 or bust!

Banned
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Level
    I don't know, did the Philadelphia Eagle have any weaknesses during the offseason last year? Looked great on paper until they actually had to play a few games. There's a lot of areas for concern in BC right now. You'd definitely missing something - - in fact, you're missing quite a few things.

How do they not feel the impact of losing a tackling machine like Elimimian? Not only was he by far their best LB, he was their best defensive player as well. I don't think anybody realizes how critical Hunt was to the success of that DLine. Those are two huge losses to the middle of the D.

Lulay plays a style similar to Buck Pierce in that he's a bit too aggressive when he gets out of the pocket to run. Eventually he's going to get knocked out by a headhunting LB. If Lulay chips a tooth and has to sit out two weeks, then what? Mike Reilly to the rescue?

Their two best receivers are 37 and 34 years old. How long until they run out of time? More importantly, how long until Bruce starts having meltdowns and gets himself run out of town again? Look at how old some of their other starters will be - - McCallum 42, Reid 36, Archibald 34, Marsh 33, Smith 33, Banks 33.

I'm already on record as to what I expect from Stubler's zone defence. Two of the five DBs struggled badly with the same system in Toronto last year. Do you think it's going to be any different for them in BC? I don't.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
    I don't know, did the Philadelphia Eagle have any weaknesses during the offseason last year? Looked great on paper until they actually had to play a few games. There's a lot of areas for concern in BC right now. You'd definitely missing something - - in fact, you're missing quite a few things.

How do they not feel the impact of losing a tackling machine like Elimimian? Not only was he by far their best LB, he was their best defensive player as well. I don't think anybody realizes how critical Hunt was to the success of that DLine. Those are two huge losses to the middle of the D.

Lulay plays a style similar to Buck Pierce in that he's a bit too aggressive when he gets out of the pocket to run. Eventually he's going to get knocked out by a headhunting LB. If Lulay chips a tooth and has to sit out two weeks, then what? Mike Reilly to the rescue?

Their two best receivers are 37 and 34 years old. How long until they run out of time? More importantly, how long until Bruce starts having meltdowns and gets himself run out of town again? Look at how old some of their other starters will be - - McCallum 42, Reid 36, Archibald 34, Marsh 33, Smith 33, Banks 33.

I'm already on record as to what I expect from Stubler's zone defence. Two of the five DBs struggled badly with the same system in Toronto last year. Do you think it's going to be any different for them in BC? I don't.
    Interesting post.

I guess we can add Brent Johnson retiring to this. Without Hunt and Johnson, BC's DL would take a step back, one would think.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Never count Wally out. The guy has a way of filling holes.