Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Another who????

Herve Tonye Tonye. LB.

Again - dunno. Anyone?

Of course, like the first pick, the Cats pick immediately after and take a player I would have preferred.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    All I can find is he led Alcorn in tackles in 2010 before transfering. At least more productivity than Laing.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Luke Wilson - TE from Rice.
    Signed by the Blue Jays.

???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Tonye-Tonye was ranked #13th overall last fall so he is a much more known quantity than Laing is.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Oarsman View Post
    Signed by the Blue Jays.

???

Yep - not only is Wilson a major league baseball prospect - already signed - he`s also considered a good TE prospect for next year`s NFL draft, AND he plays a position that is NOT used in the CFL ...

... wouldn`t be a CFL draft without all sort of surprises or bizzarre or baffling picks IMO, and this draft is a doozy in that department IMO; hard to fathom where a lot of CFL `scouts`get their ideas from. And the Argos have never been a team to build well through solid drafting, nor had that much luck with draft picks, so why start now i guess; but again, hopefully some of the picks pan out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I was hoping that with Rudge coming in there would be a connect between the team and their marketing. The Olympics helped Canadians create an identity, and I know those players from the NCAA are Canadian, but more marketing pluses would come from taking more CIS players..... I guess the Argos let the other teams develop them....... As a major CIS fan I am disappointed ..... I am actually looking forward to see if any draft picks make the team my husband has tickets for....the tabbies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The Argos drafted three CIS players in all including WR Quincy Hurst from Manitoba, LB Aaron Crawford from St. Mary's and DB Shea Pierre from Windsor so half of their picks came from the CIS.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Our final two picks might be the only to pan out. I will never understand how one team can historically seemingly not give a shite about this draft. Hard to say that we did anything that will help our team this year.

New Fan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wow, I almost feel like the Argos don't take the draft serious as some of the other teams, but maybe that's me and my 35 years of following the team... I'm not impressed but only time will tell I guess.
    Win or Lose, We drink the Booze....

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    ^ Don't think anyone is. I personally wouldn't have minded trading up for Chambers and if it didn't pan out I still wouldn't be as upset. At least they tried. I'm really liking Hamilton's draft. Why can't we have Obie back?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Only 5 WRs taken. Anybody know anything about Hurst?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Argos drafted three CIS players in all including WR Quincy Hurst from Manitoba, LB Aaron Crawford from St. Mary's and DB Shea Pierre from Windsor so half of their picks came from the CIS.
    And when I wrote the statement they had only picked Hurst...... In general, the Argos don't seem to go with the CIS players as much. maybe because CIS players will still be there to sign afterwards if they want. I realize they go with what's best for them.... That's their job. That's their choice in running the team. I personally would still like to see more CIS.... Other teams do .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:

Level
    One thing I found interesting is that no one took a shot at drafting Quinlan... I wouldn't mind Barker trying to get him signed asap... would love to see him in camp and see what he can do and see if he has tools that can be developed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoholics View Post
    Wow, I almost feel like the Argos don't take the draft serious as some of the other teams, but maybe that's me and my 35 years of following the team... I'm not impressed but only time will tell I guess.

I don't know if it's not taking the draft seriously? - surely somebody in the organization has or now does; but maybe who gets the final call on the draft picks is somebody who has not been / is not really up to the task or else they just have a dim or limited view of what the draft can do for a team ???

This year's draft is not only IMO strange or very questionable for the Argos, but it also features league wide weirdness seems to me; and a number of supposed top prospects, including some players who got invited to the CFL E-Camp and some of whom put up some very impressive testing #s, are not drafted at all ... while all sorts of no names with not much on their football resumes get drafted ???

Pretty obvious to me that a lot of CFL key personnel decision makers have a limited or dim view of NI talent and in particular amongst CIS players and including some spicific positions; a whole whack of star CIS players not taken this draft - the 3 star CIS QBs being ignored should be no surprise, but RBs like Levesque and Riva, a DB like Hollohan (superb set of Combine #s and a 2 time CIS all-star DB) or DTs Van Praaet and Postuma or an O-Lineman like Mederios - not getting drafted at all ? - while a bunch of other picks have shown exactly what in football ??? But, maybe the CFL "scouts" have been digging really deep lately, and maybe some will hide their intentions so some real good players are not invited to their own Combine?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Pretty obvious to me that a lot of CFL key personnel decision makers have a limited or dim view of NI talent and in particular amongst CIS players and including some spicific positions; a whole whack of star CIS players not taken this draft - the 3 star CIS QBs being ignored should be no surprise, but RBs like Levesque and Riva, a DB like Hollohan (superb set of Combine #s and a 2 time CIS all-star DB) or DTs Van Praaet and Postuma or an O-Lineman like Mederios - not getting drafted at all ? - while a bunch of other picks have shown exactly what in football ??? But, maybe the CFL "scouts" have been digging really deep lately, and maybe some will hide their intentions so some real good players are not invited to their own Combine?
    Will be interesting where those guys end up as FA signings.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    But ranked by who ? You have to keep that in mind. Forde is a self anointed guru and the CFL Scouting rankings is made up by the team's GM's who do their very best to keep their work private...

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Oarsman View Post
    Signed by the Blue Jays.
    I like the Willson pick, provided that he doesn't have a realistic shot at the MLB (I don't know).

His NFL stock dropped quite a bit last season because he had consistency problems. Sure, he could have a great year and end up being drafted, but that's a risk with any Junior.

I watched a few of his games with Rice last year and he's an intriguing package. He's an awesome upfield blocker and has decent speed; he could certainly line up as SB and end up blocking for Durie or Boyd. He has good hands (but did drop some catchable balls last year) and would be a legitimate threat for short passes (at SB or TE). He's also certainly strong enough to line up on short yardage plays.

Willson may not have been the wisest choice, but he's an *intriguing* choice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    Here's what I can see about the Argos draft - there are no stats listed on the Argo website on any of their picks. That tells me lots......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The picks are futures and won't be around for a year or more.
    The 3 from the NCAA all have a year left at school.
    I'm not sure,if the CIS players have another year of eligibility, but they'll be at training camp.
    It is true how the whole draft was not predictable. ... Except for Heenan.
    I don't think a RB was even picked.
    Does anyone think more non-imports will be signed by the Argos as free agents?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    So does this say that Barker is thrilled with our roster as it sits now and it needs no help? He seems to think that Ray will lead us to the Grey Cup with little help. It's not like we've brought in super star talent as free agent signings other than Ray. Go look at the roster and you make the call if these are the guys that will win Grey Cup 100. I can't see how we didn't pick one or two guys who would make an impact this year. Why toss picks aside until next year or maybe never? I really want to hear Barkers thoughts on this. Yesterday he was yapping on about always looking for players that are better than what we have. That was obviously some sort or BS he was flinging. I have hope for our final two picks. Time will tell.