Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Clip from Toronto-Hamilton game: 1982

This is the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cflvideo1964?feature=watch

This person has highlights from the late 1960's, late 1970's, early 1980's and US expansion era games. However, the person doesn't post highlights of the game, but merely specific random plays. The one I posted shows the Argos driving against Hamilton at Ivor Wynne Stadium. Presumedly, this is the game from August 13, 1982 where the Argos lost 37-27 to Hamilton. The Argos didn't get their win in Hamilton until the next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    There is some good stuff on that channel, despite the seeming randomness of the clips and the lack of editing. Some old B-and-W footage of Bill Symons and the late-1960s Argos is there.

I'm expecting to put up some cool stuff on my channel in the next few weeks -- including coverage of Obie's firing in 1989 and the acquisition of Matt Dunigan in 1990. Also a hilarious halftime show where Scott Oake attempts to interview Murray Pezim, Mark Gastineau and Brigitte Nielsen.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    One thing I took note of in the Hamilton-Toronto clip was that there seemed to be a vocal contingent of Toronto fans at the game.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    What I like about this person's channel is that he's posting footage from games that you might've had at one point Paul, but were lost when you moved. However, I don't understand why the person simply posting random snippets of the game unless the person has plans to put a ton of the games on DVD's to try to sell people, which I see no evidence that the person is going to do so. Not much to draw from the highlights I posted other than the fact that the "run n' shoot" offense seems to be moving the ball as successfully as it did in the game against Edmonton that you posted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    you can find the 1983 argo-ticat east final on youtube. even better. can't believe Obie went for 3rd and less than one late in the game trailing 36-34 with a chance to kick an easy field goal. and they don't even go for a QB sneak but hand it to Minter in the backfield. Poor ticats had all kinds of leads in that game. boo hoo.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    This '82 game in Hamilton was the game after the Argos' big win over Edmonton the previous week. The next year, the Argos won 50-16 in Hamilton IIRC which was one of the great moments in Argo history IMO. It was Toronto's first win in Hamilton since 1977 and prompted the Ticats to trade Tom Clements for Dieter Brock in one of the most notable trades in CFL history (a mid-season one at that).
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

ArgoRavi, Sir, I do believe, we share a touch of Argo sentiment, in our soul.

But seriously ... I like your style. Severely limited, as it might be. Due to alcohol restraintments.
    Real or imagined.

(Just kidding.)

Long Live Argo Football !

Long Live Wicked Sex !

These are two of our favourite things.

And if all else fails, we can satisfy our souls, on left-over Ti-Cat Chicks.

Life can be good. With a few remnants of near civility.

Cheers!

Midnight

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    only quick reply is working for me midnight blue, enough with the hamilton chicks I'd take a girl from montreal over a hamilton girl any day!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I have been watching more of the many CFL clips that are on this channel and there is a lot of interesting stuff that should be on ESPN Classics but isn't. Here is a clip from the second last game of the season in 1978 between the Argos and Lions at old Exhibition Stadium: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgfIz...eature=related Note the CBC logo on the bottom right corner of the screen. I don't recall that logo appearing anywhere on CBC until the '92 Winter Olympics perhaps so it is odd that is on this clip. Can anyone wager a guess as to why that would be? It would only be on there if the CBC had rebroadcast that game or that particular clip at some point over the last 20 years and I can't think of any reason why they would have. I love the Argos' home uniforms of that period btw. Here is another clip from that forgettable '78 season with the CBC logo once again on the bottom right corner of the screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUF3QZdoyK4 I believe that this was the final game as Argo head coach for Leo Cahill. I also seem to have a memory of CBC showing some psychics at the beginning of their telecast of this game trying to lift the curse that seemingly hung over the Argos at that time. Does anyone else recall this or is this some bizarre memory that I have conjured up? :-)
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Here are the 1977 Argos playing at home against Winnipeg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li3P-...eature=related That Argo defence changed quite a bit from '77 to '78.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ravi, I think what happened is that CBC has been stamping their logo on everything in their archive as they digitize it. I doubt any of these older games were ever rebroadcast. The good news is this is evidence that CBC actually has some old games still in their archives, and they are being digitized. I fear that there is very little in CTV's archives from the pre-TSN days. I know CBC has an amazing Argo game from 1982 in its archive (one of the games I had years ago, but lost) because I found it on an online archive search.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    How did you find that Argo game in their archives, Paul? I have tried but can't seem to find it myself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I can't remember the exact search methodology -- I remember it was quite convoluted and the result (Tor at Wpg from October 1982) was the only game from that year that turned up in the search. I think I did the search through some sort of outside firm that is partnering with the CBC archive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks, Paul! That would be a great game to have. The Argos didn't win that game but they did almost stage a miraculous comeback from what I recall.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I am interested in seeing highlights from the following games: (i) Toronto @ Saskatchewan from 1982 where the run n' shoot took off, (ii) Toronto @ Hamilton where the Argos beat the Ti-Cats 50-16, (iii) Toronto @ Hamilton from 1987 where the Argos beat the Ti-Cats on a last second TD. I don't know how expensive it would be, but a clever season ticket gift might be a "Best of" DVD. The Leafs have one (some will laugh) and the NFL teams tend to have one. I don't know how much game film is available for the Argos so it might be tough, but it'd be nice to see if they could put some games on there besides the usual suspects (the GC wins, anything from 1990, etc.)

Don
    Achievements:
    Level

The person posted a clip from the Toronto-Saskatchewan 1982 game, but it is a Roughrider drive that ends with a Zac Henderson INT.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I have that 1982 game against Sask and the 1987 game against Hamilton that argofan87 mentioned. Will get some clips up eventually. Don't have the 50-16 win over Hamilton from 1983 and I have never come across it among collectors. I was at that game if it is the one I am thinking of -- Brazley's first game as an Argo and he ran a pick back for six in the second half.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Great to see the original Friday Night Football on CTV!

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Looking at the boxscore from the Star and yep Brazley did have a pick six in the third quarter. Emanuel Tolbert also had touchdowns of 66 and 80 yards within a few minutes of each other. Joe Barnes also threw an 87-yard touchdown to a guy named Holmes during some garbage time.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Other things to consider is that the Argos led Hamilton 40-1 after three quarters. The Ti-Cats scored a few touchdowns in the fourth, but presumedly the Argos would've been phasing in some back-ups or not playing as hard.