Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Hamilton could pursue Foley as a FA next season, they need help as we all know, but how attractive would that team be to sign with due to the unknown relocation (basically playing on the road next season, possibly beyond due to potential stadium construction delays). I could see Ricky return, but at a reduced salary.

Another factor is 2012 draftee Cleon Laing. I know there are posters on this forum that have him written off already, but he could potentially contribute next season.
    I don't see Foley back next season. Attitude on the sideline seems to point to him being let walk. Production down, upset at coaches, etc. Looks lost under Chris Jones's defence IMO.

He could end up in Hamilton. Maybe only because of his passport.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    The worst coverage comes to mind at the second last game when Carroll took all those stupid penalties and cost the team the win.
    One long bomb he had his back turned to the play and with the ball way overthrown he pushed the receiver out of bounds and all he had to do was turn around see the ball wasn't anywhere close and that's the end of the play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Wow. Just wow.
    What do you mean?
    Have you been at the dome and watched some of them in cover like I have?

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos rank second in passing yards allowed. Again, the Jones defense sometimes will give up the big play.

The worst coverage comes to mind at the second last game when Carroll took all those stupid penalties and cost the team the win.
    One long bomb he had his back turned to the play and with the ball way overthrown he pushed the receiver out of bounds and all he had to do was turn around see the ball wasn't anywhere close and that's the end of the play.
    Then he bounced back and won defensive player of the week.

Allow me to put it another way: is there any particular defender who has caught your eye and has been torched on a weekly or regular basis?
    Last edited by Will; 09-11-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Hamilton could pursue Foley as a FA next season, they need help as we all know, but how attractive would that team be to sign with due to the unknown relocation (basically playing on the road next season, possibly beyond due to potential stadium construction delays). I could see Ricky return, but at a reduced salary.

Another factor is 2012 draftee Cleon Laing. I know there are posters on this forum that have him written off already, but he could potentially contribute next season.
    Yeah, I think Ricky's done in TO. Whether it's before the end of this season or as a FA in the off season.

As I had mentioned before several weeks ago, I watched some of the Iowa State spring game online. Cleon Laing will be a starter this year at DT and looked to me to have the quickness to play in the CFL. He certainly has the size, about 6'04 290, reminded me of Armstead. One play really caught my eye, he knifed through between pulling guards and cut down the RB for a 3 yard loss on a sweep. That showed me something. I think he will definitely play in the league. Hopefully, the NFL doesn't grab him first.

Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not sure if Foley would go Hamilton, look at what happened to Baggs? They didn't use him to rush and played him to play coverage which angered him as well. Foley most likely will go West. I can see him landing in Calgary, who will then have to dump Baggs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Not sure if Foley would go Hamilton, look at what happened to Baggs? They didn't use him to rush and played him to play coverage which angered him as well. Foley most likely will go West. I can see him landing in Calgary, who will then have to dump Baggs.
    I had the feeling Calgary as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I guess that means that Area 51's next stop will be either the Ticats' fan forum or Calgary's.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Again, what are you talking about? Was there a broken coverage, yes. But when he realized how wide open the receiver was, he was in chase mode. You make it sound like making the play there was as easy as simply turning around. He had no idea where the ball was and likely feared that if he tuned around, he would lose the receiver.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    The Argos rank second in passing yards allowed. Again, the Jones defense sometimes will give up the big play.

Then he bounced back and won defensive player of the week.

Allow me to put it another way: is there any particular defender who has caught your eye and has been torched on a weekly or regular basis?

I have said how some of the DB's have been burned and badly.
    I know it's Jones' schemes, however at times I don't get it as they also play soft at times and off coverage on the line and allow the short underneath stuff.
    Meanwhile, Watkins has by and large had a great year and reminds me so much like Brandon Brouwner.
    Hope we can keep him next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Again, what are you talking about? Was there a broken coverage, yes. But when he realized how wide open the receiver was, he was in chase mode. You make it sound like making the play there was as easy as simply turning around. He had no idea where the ball was and likely feared that if he tuned around, he would lose the receiver.

It's more like what are you talking about.
    We were all saying at the dome how he not only looked lost on this one play and didn' t know his sorroundings as the ball was not catchable.
    But the entire game with other cover and the stupid penalties he would be lucky to be back the next week.
    And he was, with a slightly better game and his pick six in the Hammer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    We were all saying at the dome how he not only looked lost on this one play and didn' t know his sorroundings as the ball was not catchable.
    But the entire game with other cover and the stupid penalties he would be lucky to be back the next week.
    No use carrying on with this discussion. As PW13 said...WOW.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    He had a very strong game in Hamilton and has only had one bad game all year.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    What do you mean?
    Have you been at the dome and watched some of them in cover like I have?
    Yes, I have been there and I have watched closely.

To suggest some of our DBs have been horrid is absurd. If that's the case, how would you describe the DBs for Sask, Wpg, Cal, Mtl and (gasp) Ham?

Even the best DBs are gonna get beaten from time to time, especially in man coverage. There are some great receivers in this league and sometimes they win the battles. But we have "horrid" DBs? Really?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Laing is a DT, wheras Foley is a DE, so it's not like Laing is about to beat Foley out for a job - unless it's as a generic, token, little used back-up "NI D-Lineman". Maybe Laing shows up for the Argos, comes up strong and claims some playing time - i'll believe it when i see it = when has a NI played at DT for the Argos in the past few years.

Maybe Lee comes on strong, claims a starter job and makes Foley expendable; or maybe Foley evolves into a fit on this Argo D as his talent might be expected to - and they could, gasp, have 2 starting NI DEs, with Flemons replaced; i'll believe that scenario when i see it though - don't think it's much of a possibilty with this coaching staff; and the Argos DBs have hardly been "horrid" at all this year - a very strong unit IMO on a solid Argo D; Horne is young and maybe iffy as a starter at this point - i believe Mat Black could be playing more reps over him; Foley OTOH - has been "horrible" though, so i could see the DBs being labelled "horrid" as another opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Laing is a DT, wheras Foley is a DE, so it's not like Laing is about to beat Foley out for a job - unless it's as a generic, token, little used back-up "NI D-Lineman". Maybe Laing shows up for the Argos, comes up strong and claims some playing time - i'll believe it when i see it = when has a NI played at DT for the Argos in the past few years.
    Jeff Keeping was a starting DT in 2005 and Adriano Belli started at that position for the Argos from 2007 to 2010. Noah Cantor also played there until he retired after the '04 or '05 season but didn't he come out of retirement in '06? Anyway, for most of the past decade, the Argos have had a NI DT.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The whole team seems to have growing pains but we're still 6-4. Every week it seems to be different issues. One week we shut down the run like we did to Cornish. Then we allow some back to run wild and free. Then Carroll has a horrible game but comes back strong. One week we have a boatload of penalties then we're ok. It's not like one part of the team keeps playing like crap. Issues come and go and then seem to come back again and yet we're still doing enough to be sitting at 6-4 and in first in the east. Now when it comes to underachieving players the name that comes to mind over everyone at this point is Foley. The guy is a great athlete and should be able to adjust to his new roll. He was a decathlete in university. So it must be a mental block or issue with him. Perhaps he's just not happy in his new roll.
    Even Watt and Bradwell have shown they can play. I'm starting to like our depth. I guess you could say that our O line has been a struggle since day one. This will be a great test this week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    When I saw 57 comments beside the thread "David Lee" I thought there would be new information on him or at least a discussion about his merits or flaws going on and therefore I should look at this again today. However, the last comment to refer to him (as nearly as I can see) was #23. I haven't got a problem with anything being discussed about the Argos at this site, but if the issues being discussed, such as the Argo defence in general or Foley or whatever, have no obvious relation to the thread title, I suggest that it might be better to create a new thread with a title more related to what is being discussed. While I understand there is an advantage to having a free-wheeling discussion going in whatever direction it goes, there are I think significant advantages to trying to stay on topic or creating another topic if the current one doesn't seem to fit the thread. Am I the only person who thinks this way?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    When I saw 57 comments beside the thread "David Lee" I thought there would be new information on him or at least a discussion about his merits or flaws going on and therefore I should look at this again today. However, the last comment to refer to him (as nearly as I can see) was #23. I haven't got a problem with anything being discussed about the Argos at this site, but if the issues being discussed, such as the Argo defence in general or Foley or whatever, have no obvious relation to the thread title, I suggest that it might be better to create a new thread with a title more related to what is being discussed. While I understand there is an advantage to having a free-wheeling discussion going in whatever direction it goes, there are I think significant advantages to trying to stay on topic or creating another topic if the current one doesn't seem to fit the thread. Am I the only person who thinks this way?
    The flow of discussion kind of went this way. Topic of David Lee went into Ricky Foley hence they play the same position so it is related. I can split them if someone else thinks so?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Please don't. In my opinion, a light touch is best. Appending the thread title to "David Lee (and Ricky Foley)" is the most I would recommend.