Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    At this point I'd like to hear about a stadium being built on the far east end of TO as we're moving to Peterborough area. Strickly for selfish reasons. haha.

I'm pretty sure about one thing. If there is ever to be a new Argos Stadium it'll get built without all of these issues. One thing about building in the GTA is that they know what they're doing. You think the new Winnipeg Stadium is a joke you should see the gongshow out here. We had a huge lot cleared for a new box store development that sat empty for over a year before building started.
    They clear cut the top of one of our small mountains for homes and a golf course and then realized water wasn't available and now we have to look at a clear cut.
    I live off Hwy 18 which goes to Lake Cowichan. It's a two lane hwy similar to a hwy 9 or 7. Just past us they did seal coating for about a 20 mile stretch. Seal coating is pouring tar down and pebbles ontop. This gongshow had peoples cars being dinged up all over and hundreds of window chips daily. They had to fix the whole stretch.

I miss Ontario.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post

I'm pretty sure about one thing. If there is ever to be a new Argos Stadium it'll get built without all of these issues. One thing about building in the GTA is that they know what they're doing. You think the new Winnipeg Stadium is a joke you should see the gongshow out here.
    What issues? Winnipeg Stadium was partly delayed due to high winds during a critical times of construction. Surely you wouldn't risk the lifes of construction workers to put a piece of steel 50-100 feet up in the air?

And what Gong Show "Out here"?

B.C. Place reported it was on time and on budget before it was handed back over to the Province
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...enovation.html

We had a huge lot cleared for a new box store development that sat empty for over a year before building started.
    As with construction, there could be many issues why it sat empty, financing comes to mind, survey and land prep come to another, Enginnering or approval delays. It happens everywhere.

They clear cut the top of one of our small mountains for homes and a golf course and then realized water wasn't available and now we have to look at a clear cut.
    I hope you realise this sentence doesn't make much sense. They clear cut, no water available, so they have to look at a clear cut? :S

I live off Hwy 18 which goes to Lake Cowichan. It's a two lane hwy similar to a hwy 9 or 7. Just past us they did seal coating for about a 20 mile stretch. Seal coating is pouring tar down and pebbles ontop. This gongshow had peoples cars being dinged up all over and hundreds of window chips daily. They had to fix the whole stretch.
    I miss Ontario.
    I highly doubt "hundreds of windows chips daily" comment. The road has an average daily traffic count of just under 5,000. So one of every 25 cars got a window chip? There would be a class action suit.

But thanks for adding your personal experience to the Argo Fourm!
    Last edited by Mulder; 03-01-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    And what Gong Show "Out here"?

"I hope you realise this sentence doesn't make much sense. They clear cut, no water available, so they have to look at a clear cut? :S"

I highly doubt "hundreds of windows chips daily" comment. The road has an average daily traffic count of just under 5,000. So one of every 25 cars got a window chip? There would be a class action suit.

Mulder you made the comments above....WOW....you really dont have a clue about how backwards it is in BC.

First off, they clear cut the tree's on the tops of some mountains, in order to build houses (for the uber rich), then as 1-Argoholic says. they realize there is no source of water. Kinda important, for sewage, drinking, life in general....SO...the statement makes complete sence.

BC construction??...is so unsafe, and a complete joke...the sign folks appear stoned out of thier minds, and dance around, hardly paying any attention. On Hwy 1 between Chillowack, and Langley, the on ramps to this portion of the trans Canada are serious death traps, and not safe at all. (they were obviously built for 1960's ish trafiic patterns)

BC is a complete GONG show, the amount of stoned drivers is absurd, ...i swear...its like Larry the Cable Guy, and David Suzuki had a bunch of babies, and named them the BC goverment.

BUT...all that said, i agree with 1-Argoholic....the Skydome is a great stadium..we just have a LOUSY landlord, and not enough fans showing up...if the Argo's can get 35K plus in that building for each game...the place ROCKS !!

Last edited by argonaut11xx; 03-01-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post

Mulder you made the comments above....WOW....you really dont have a clue about how backwards it is in BC.

First off, they clear cut the tree's on the tops of some mountains, in order to build houses (for the uber rich), then as 1-Argoholic says. they realize there is no source of water. Kinda important, for sewage, drinking, life in general....SO...the statement makes complete sence.
    I misinterrupted 1argohilic's post as to think what I said above. It looked to me they are looking at doing another clear cut to provide water. It's all about sentence structure and spelling.
    There are also many other reasons they clear cut mountain tops.

I don't really need to be lectured on what I design and build for a living though.

Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    BC construction??...is so unsafe, and a complete joke...the sign folks appear stoned out of thier minds, and dance around, hardly paying any attention. On Hwy 1 between Chillowack, and Langley, the on ramps to this portion of the trans Canada are serious death traps, and not safe at all. (they were obviously built for 1960's ish trafiic patterns)
    It's also up to the employer to make sure his workers are safe. At the start of a job companies pay huge amounts to Workmans comp. And only get it back if there is no claims. As for Trans Canada Highway ramps, you'd have to tell me which ones are "death traps" are built for 1960's and I could tell you if they are actually up to par via TAC. Some of them look pretty standard.
    Last edited by Mulder; 03-01-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Hi Mulder....sorry for getting off topic...

The jist of my comments were that BC is a third world province compared to Ontario....that said...the ramp at 264th, and hwy 1 is a great example of a ramp that is unsafe,...there are multiple accidents, and near accidents weekly. The traffic exiting the ramp at hwy speeds (which means 120ish in reality) has about 100-150 meters before its merged with drivers who are attempting to enter the on-ramp. See the problem?, the on-ramp, and off ramps are shared. Couple that with the speed, and truck traffic..its a disaster. ( I see it alot, as i live north of that exit on the Frasier river)..im curious your thoughts on this.

Seriously, if not for the fact i was able to retire at 47, due to my sweet wife getting a plum gig out here...we would be back in ON in a flash....

BUT....back to the stadium .... i seriously think the biggest issue is the landlord, not the stadium. The second biggest issue is the lack of fans attending. Even the Bluejays complain its cavernous when only 15K show up.

The BEST location for ease of maximum attendance is on the GO line, so the EX grounds are it, which go's back to BMO, which sucks because it was built to small. So many Argo fans are from suburbia, therefore putting a stadium in the east, west or north would alienate one of those groups. Yet all of them have access to the GO. Downtown fans have access to the TTC, and folks like Mulder have to drive anyways. So the EX, or a downtown stadium makes the most sence....and we have that now.
    Last edited by argonaut11xx; 03-03-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021