Quote Originally Posted by HereComeTheIrish View Post
True, but that is why I was more specifically thinking of an area north of Toronto, like Markham, Aurora, or Newmarket, simply because they are all relatively the same distance away, smack in the middle of the Toronto, Aurora, Pickering, and Mississauga areas. I can see how there would be an issue of where in the GTA they would put it, but I'd be willing to drive to games if they made it an experience worth going to.

I was at the Bills game last week, and it took my group from 4:00-9:30 to get home. It took us 2.5 hours just to get out of Buffalo for God's sake, but it was so worth it. The Argos need to make an effort to make a game worth going to. If they make fans want to leave the couch and offer an experience that they cannot have anywhere but the stadium, then people will come and the numbers and recognition will show.
Welcome HereComeTheIrish!

I'd say that Vaughan, Richmond Hill & Markham are much better choices than Aurora or Newmarket.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
There have been a few stadium discussions here. I recommend checking out the following threads:

Argos Stadium Update

Argos at BMO Field

New Stadium Locations

Where do ARGOFANS reside????
Yes there is definitely a lot of good discussion in those threads. Unfortunately it looks like it's BMO Field or bust for our Argonauts.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Relatively the same distance away -- and accessible only by car from many GTA points outside those cities. That's the one key difference from downtown locations, which are accessible by car AND transit. Longtime posters will have heard (and been bored to death by) me making this point before. If we force all attendees to drive, some current fans wouldn't want to be bothered getting into the traffic nightmare that is the GTA in general, and particularly the 401. Maybe some new fans would start going, but would that number more than offset the number who no longer go? (Again, moot point since there's no money for a new stadium.)
With the TTC Subway Extension to Vaughan (400 & 7) almost done there are locations outside of the downtown that have Both good Transit and good Highway Access. And let's face it BMO Field doesn't really have good Transit access if you don't live near a Lakeshore Line GO Station and the Gardiner/QEW is just as congested as the 401 most of the time.