Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
Football is a game that can be played in all weathers. Most CFL fans are well versed in how to dress for cold and snowy weather. Most fans I know, would rather watch a game in snowy, -5C weather than in warmer but rainy weather, especially if it is a heavy downpour. It is also part of the CFL history and tradition, that some of the most memorable games have been played in cold snowy conditions. Talking to fans, who watched this year's GC, not one person complained about the cold --after all we are Canadians!

There are some sports which can't be played in cold/snowy conditions --obviously baseball is a good example. With the upcoming MLS championship game, possibly being played in sub zero temperatures and perhaps even heavy snow, one has to ask what is their league thinking, having a schedule that allows the game to be played in these conditions. If one appreciates soccer and the skill set required of top players, playing in very cold and heavy snow conditions is a definite detriment. For the sake of the game, perhaps MLS should either move to a summer/fall schedule or have the championship game played, where there is a better guarantee of good weather.

Sorry, got off topic---hopefully the CFL schedule will continue to retain the GC on the traditional late November date. If the money enticement is so large that the league can't refuse to turn it down, then I guess we may see the GC scheduled as early as October. But IMO it would be a pity, if that does come to pass.
MLS schedule started March 3 & ends Dec. 9 this year. The schedule is so long they are already taking advantage of the best weather Toronto can offer. Really they take 3 winter months off then start again - ridiculously long schedule & not really appropriate outdoors even in Toronto. Montreal & Vancouver use their domes when needed & I guess Toronto FC can & has too at Rogers Centre - but hasn't for playoff games. Will be wintry this year.

I think ideally the CFL should move the season up 2 weeks to take advantage of better weather esp. on the prairies. The Grey Cup has been played mid Nov before - most recently 2003 on Nov. 16