Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    There you have SJ Green battling until the final whistle, like a true pro. Have so much respect for him.
    I love watching that guy play! It was hilarious how he reacted to being hit late near the sideline. But yes, I agree, a true professional and I would welcome him back.

I am so conflicted on this team. I truly think that stability is needed and yet this year, the Argos were very passive and weak and not much fun to watch at all and I would love to see the injection of lots of new faces.

At this point, nothing would really surprise me whether it is wholesale changes or going status quo.

There are several players I would like to see back but do think all should be challenged and none guaranteed anything. There are several that I also think will be done with the Argos and some done with pro ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Pretty pathetic performance. The team just looked like they quit. Maybe it was more of a mental let down knowing they were out of the race, but one would think players would be playing for their jobs.

MBT didn't look any better than the last time he played. I thought maybe some time on the side lines after he played those games earlier, he would look better. But no dice. Franklin has to be the guy going forward but he's been a disappointment as well. I thought he would have been better after seeing him play well in Edmonton.

Looks like Trestman has Carter so beat down it has made him useless. If I hadn't seen him play before I would wonder why he was even on the roster. So I don't know what that has proven.

I have always been a Trestman supporter but I wouldn't mind if he took a year off and took his boring NFL offense with him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Trestman told Kate Pettersen yesterday that all three QBs, including Prukop, may play in this one.
    I think the key word in that sentence is "may", but as I suspected Trestman's boy got into the game, but no sight of Prukop.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Maybe manangement has to give him an ultimatum?
    This really has become Milanovich Redux, because I recall this same idea coming up multiple times when Milanovich was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny G View Post
    Seeing what Condell did with Collaros in Hamilton, I think Franklin could thrive under him. IF... IF he's given control of the Offense.
    I think Condell could do a lot with Prukop and Franklin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    One would have to assume that Prukop has no place in the future plans of this team, if Trestman is the coach next year. Everyone knows what MBT can and can't do, so the reason for playing him in the second half seems to make no sense. If Prukop was going to be given an opportunity to play next year, he surely would have played the second half.

Noel continues to demonstrate he has the ability to be a productive receiver and Green in spite of his age showed he deserves a spot on the team next year.

All in all, a dismal end to a dismal season
    It shouldn't surprise anyone that Prukop wasn't out there, he's never had first team reps, and is not a Trestman mold player. Pre Game confirmed that he wouldn't get in there as it was only Franklin and Bethel Thompson warming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I have always been a Trestman supporter but I wouldn't mind if he took a year off and took his boring NFL offense with him.
    That's my dream....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thank God this season is finally over. I don't know how much more I could have watched, to be honest. Also, I am happy we finished with our last two games on the road.... I can't imagine how empty BMO would have looked had we had one last home game right now, with the team playing as it has been.

Watching MBT's performance just confirmed for me that he is not the answer at QB. So if he signs as a FA with someone else in the off season, so be it. I believe Franklin can be the guy... there were flashes of what he is capable of, but as others have said, maybe not under this system.

It will be an interesting off-season to be sure.

BUT.... I still need a fix of live football, so will be going to Tim Hortons field next sunday to watch the Eastern semi-final. Hopefully not Wally Buono's last game, lol.

FINALLY, just want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for your interest and passion in the Argos. Better times ahead!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    RIP 2018. Thank god it’s over. Thank god.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    One would have to assume that Prukop has no place in the future plans of this team, if Trestman is the coach next year. Everyone knows what MBT can and can't do, so the reason for playing him in the second half seems to make no sense. If Prukop was going to be given an opportunity to play next year, he surely would have played the second half.

Noel continues to demonstrate he has the ability to be a productive receiver and Green in spite of his age showed he deserves a spot on the team next year.

All in all, a dismal end to a dismal season
    Well said!