Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Does Richards have NFL aspirations? I don't want another 1st round OL pick to go down south like Hunter did last year. Having said that the lines on both sides of the ball should be first priorities.

He might like to get an NFL shot and since he's from a big program, who knows; but not like the guy has that a great a resume there - not a multi-year starter or all-star; his resume is more like that of Rider 1st overall pick Josiah St-John, who was not a proven starter either, but had the Div I Okie resume. St-John finally played some on the O-line for the Riders last year, and some of their fans were raving about his play; he is currently still a FA though.

I'd much rather the Argos pick a proven, multi-year college ball starter & all-star - and for O-gaurds, Laval's Sam Thomassin is that. He might draw an NFL look though - so stay clear with #1 if that happens; but there are some other very good O-line prospects this draft IMO (Jesse Gibbon (Waterloo), Zach Williams (Manitoba), Drew Desjarlais (Windsor)) who won't likely get any NFL call. Wilkinson was a starting C in Div I ball, but the Argos already have a league best calibre C in McEwen and he's young; a natural OG to challenge or be future replacement for Holmes of Bomben would make sense.

Marshall Ferguson = guy makes me laugh; i get he's a CFL commentator and tries hard i guess; but he's right out to lunch with a lot of his commentary on the CFL; yeah, I know he's a former CIS player, but he is just clueless at times with some of the stuff he says.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 03-19-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Marshall Ferguson = guy makes me laugh; i get he's a CFL commentator and tries hard i guess; but he's right out to lunch with a lot of his commentary on the CFL; yeah, I know he's a former CIS player, but he is just clueless at times with some of the stuff he says.
    Wow. This type of comment, I will never understand. We need MORE information from CFL nuts, not less, and then when we get it? Honestly, I don't know you but I can honestly venture that he watches more PRACTISES than you do games. "Out to lunch" "Clueless?" C'mon man, really?
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Wow. This type of comment, I will never understand. We need MORE information from CFL nuts, not less, and then when we get it? Honestly, I don't know you but I can honestly venture that he watches more PRACTISES than you do games. "Out to lunch" "Clueless?" C'mon man, really?

Hey - to each his own pal. If you would like me to dig up some of this guy's past commentary and point out some cluelessness, I could do so i guess.

Lots of CFL fans can't stand Rod Black as a CFL play-by-play guy; but because he has the gig does that make him sort of inscrutable expert? And I liked Glen Suitor as a player, but as a CFL commentator he is terrible - cliches galore and repetitive. Am i not allowed to say i wish TSN had way better than these guys?

Let me guess - you're sticking up for guys who have media jobs? And us know nothing joe average fans shouldn't dare question these expert pros ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hey - to each his own pal. If you would like me to dig up some of this guy's past commentary and point out some cluelessness, I could do so i guess.

Lots of CFL fans can't stand Rod Black as a CFL play-by-play guy; but because he has the gig does that make him sort of inscrutable expert? And I liked Glen Suitor as a player, but as a CFL commentator he is terrible - cliches galore and repetitive. Am i not allowed to say i wish TSN had way better than these guys?

Let me guess - you're sticking up for guys who have media jobs? And us know nothing joe average fans shouldn't dare question these expert pros ?
    Well, we could do that for all of us I'd venture to guess, couldn't we? Anyone brave enough with an opinion. This is a comment board, it's all about comment and opinion, but there is a difference between taking on someone point by point and disagreeing, or calling them a moron, or clueless, or whatever name you want to hand them because it may make you feel good.

I'll ask you this, and this is not a media vs. regular fan thing: Do you put more stock the nameless guy on a message board who calls others names, or do you find more credence with the x-CIU QB, who has a reputation at stake, who studies game film, goes to countless practices, games and combines, writes and offers expert opinion live on radio and tv -- because he is sought after by other sports experts and people who want to hear his opinion.

Hmmmmmmmm?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Well, we could do that for all of us I'd venture to guess, couldn't we? Anyone brave enough with an opinion. This is a comment board, it's all about comment and opinion, but there is a difference between taking on someone point by point and disagreeing, or calling them a moron, or clueless, or whatever name you want to hand them because it may make you feel good.

I'll ask you this, and this is not a media vs. regular fan thing: Do you put more stock the nameless guy on a message board who calls others names, or do you find more credence with the x-CIU QB, who has a reputation at stake, who studies game film, goes to countless practices, games and combines, writes and offers expert opinion live on radio and tv -- because he is sought after by other sports experts and people who want to hear his opinion.

Hmmmmmmmm?

As I've said before here, probably many times: IMO - there are so many more intelligent, well spoken, knowledgeable football fans (and commentators) to be found on these various fan forums - if you can wade thru all the varied comments/opinions - than there are in the Canadian football reporting set; and (IMO only again) - there are very few sharp, very knowledgeable, well spoken football reporters who cover the CFL or Canadian game regularly. Duane Forde and Mike Hogan would be 2 of the very good ones IMO; Marshall Ferguson & Justin Dunk are definitely not, IMO. Sorry bout that. But I'd much rather here what some of the veteran posters I know from here (and a couple of other CFL forums) have to say on CFL football over Ferguson; these other, non-paid, un-named, internet forum guys (maybe some can't respect that - so be it) just know way more about football than the likes of Ferguson.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 03-20-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    As I've said before here, probably many times: IMO - there are so many more intelligent, well spoken, knowledgeable football fans (and commentators) to be found on these various fan forums - if you can wade thru all the varied comments/opinions - than there are in the Canadian football reporting set; and (IMO only again) - there are very few sharp, very knowledgeable, well spoken football reporters who cover the CFL or Canadian game regularly. Duane Forde and Mike Hogan would be 2 of the very good ones IMO; Marshall Ferguson & Justin Dunk are definitely not, IMO. Sorry bout that. But I'd much rather here what some of the veteran posters I know from here (and a couple of other CFL forums) have to say on CFL football over Ferguson; these other, non-paid, un-named, internet forum guys (maybe some can't respect that - so be it) just know way more about football than the likes of Ferguson.
    P1 - Did you hear about the wolf pack who ate their own young?
    P2 - No?

We don't have enough of this. People who write, blogg, and offer their opinion about the Canadian Football League. More, not less. I read it all, including your offerings, and although I may disagree from time to time, I don't/and won't call you clueless. All of it is needed, especially in and around Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    P1 - Did you hear about the wolf pack who ate their own young?
    P2 - No?

We don't have enough of this. People who write, blogg, and offer their opinion about the Canadian Football League. More, not less. I read it all, including your offerings, and although I may disagree from time to time, I don't/and won't call you clueless. All of it is needed, especially in and around Toronto.
    OK - agreed - the CFL can use much more attention and get reported on better - spread news and opinions about the league.

And you're OK with a veteran journalist like Steve Simmons who's been getting a big stage to write clueless drivel (that's exactly what it is) about various sports for years & years & years now ? I guess the media types who keep publishing this blowhard are right and the fact that he's kept his job must mean he is some sort of sport authority or expert ??? It's IMO his types who have played a big role in the lack of respect problem the CFL has been facing for a long time now; snickering, mocking or constantly negative reporting on the league ... because it's a Canadian institution that doesn't deserve the fawning attention his types lavish on whatever wannabe, over-hyped, all-American or "World Class" stuff that sheep follow or his editors tell him to spend time on?

Is garbage journalism or dumb, totally biased or clueless opinion really needed ? All of it ???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Marshall Ferguson is probably my favourite CFL commentator. He really cares about the CFL and talks about the league on air more than anyone else I know. If you follow him on Twitter you'll see that he puts a lot of time and thought into analyzing the players and the league. He's constantly creating spreadsheets and statistical breakdowns of the players. You may not agree with his analysis and opinions but he's exactly the type of media personality that we need more of!

If you want to talk about people saying ridiculous things, how about coach June Jones saying that Manziel would be the best player to ever play in the CFL?