Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
Hey - to each his own pal. If you would like me to dig up some of this guy's past commentary and point out some cluelessness, I could do so i guess.

Lots of CFL fans can't stand Rod Black as a CFL play-by-play guy; but because he has the gig does that make him sort of inscrutable expert? And I liked Glen Suitor as a player, but as a CFL commentator he is terrible - cliches galore and repetitive. Am i not allowed to say i wish TSN had way better than these guys?

Let me guess - you're sticking up for guys who have media jobs? And us know nothing joe average fans shouldn't dare question these expert pros ?
Well, we could do that for all of us I'd venture to guess, couldn't we? Anyone brave enough with an opinion. This is a comment board, it's all about comment and opinion, but there is a difference between taking on someone point by point and disagreeing, or calling them a moron, or clueless, or whatever name you want to hand them because it may make you feel good.

I'll ask you this, and this is not a media vs. regular fan thing: Do you put more stock the nameless guy on a message board who calls others names, or do you find more credence with the x-CIU QB, who has a reputation at stake, who studies game film, goes to countless practices, games and combines, writes and offers expert opinion live on radio and tv -- because he is sought after by other sports experts and people who want to hear his opinion.

Hmmmmmmmm?