Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Dure and Younger signed to extensions.

Even though Sportsnet reported Durie resigning awhile ago, Jordan Younger has also been resigned to a new 2 year deal. http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=384293

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    with the amount of turnover i had expected to see on the defensive side of the ball i'm a bit surprised (but not displeased) that JY is back for two more seasons (or at least one, anyway).

he took plenty of heat on the FOA board after his switch to SAM. likely owing to his style not being as physical looking as some fans like i guess? still covers above average (for a LB) for me though.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I want him to play safety this season -- he looked very good back there late last season. I think Pile will either retire (personal reasons) or move back to LB, so there could very well be an opening at safety.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I think Pile will either retire (personal reasons)
    Why do you think this may be the case? Has he said something?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I recall Younger saying in an article in the fall something to the effect that the game has taken a toll on his body and he seemed to hint at retirement in that article so I am surprised that he is back.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Why do you think this may be the case? Has he said something?
    I talked to another Argo about six weeks ago. He said Pile misses his family and might return to the States.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    glad to see the signings, but am still surprised jy resigned....thought he would retire

Banned
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Level
    I'm surprised at the Younger signing, and I think it's a terrible decision. Younger did nothing last year except miss tackles. Would he be better at S? Hard to say - - but you've got to wonder if he's going to be a step too slow there at this point of his career.

I really hope this isn't an indication that now we're going back to the "continuity" approach that failed so badly last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
    I'm surprised at the Younger signing, and I think it's a terrible decision. Younger did nothing last year except miss tackles. Would he be better at S? Hard to say - - but you've got to wonder if he's going to be a step too slow there at this point of his career.

I really hope this isn't an indication that now we're going back to the "continuity" approach that failed so badly last year.
    Chris Jones must think that Younger could still be useful to his defence. Of course, Younger still has to make the team first and I am guessing that he will be facing stiff competition. Perhaps re-signing Younger will make it more likely that his good buddy, Byron Parker, also re-signs.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

New Fan
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Whats up everybody? This is Jordan Younger. First off i want to say thank you to those that welcomed me back. I love being a Toronto Argonaut and there is no other team id rather play for. I started my career here and God willing i will finish it here. I am going to get right to the point. I have read almost every post from the last 3 seasons. I want to say thank you to all of you for caring enough for us to even be a topic that matters in your life. We haven't given you guys much to be hopeful about. Its not due to lack of trying but this is professional football and giving great effort should be a given. I originally moved to Sam linebacker because of the skill set needed to play that position in "match" coverage. The most important skill being route recognition and the ability to cover. The Sam is one of the more complicated positions to play in that defence and honestly there where times that i struggled at it. @Area 51-i read your defensive reports cards and if i was a general manager and i was making the decision solely based on on-field performance than i would be more inclined to agree with you about the way that i played. I could talk X's and O's for days and give you reasons and excuses but the bottom line is I didn't make enough impact plays at Sam. The last few games of the season i played at Free Safety. It was a much more natural fit for me. I was able to effect the game and being further away from the box gave me a perspective more like the one i had when i played cornerback. It allowed me to see the bigger picture. I could see the quarterback drop, the movement of the lineman, the quarterback's last look and the release of the inside receiver's all at once. It was the first time in my career that i could take in that much information almost every play. My speed is not in question. There were plays this year where i had to run down some players that most would call fast players. My speed didn't show up often at Sam mostly because of indecision. At Free Safety i didn't feel that indecision. My natural instincts brought me to where the ball was going.
    Reaching out to you guys like this isn't really my way but i feel like we have an opportunity to make this an incredible year; a special year. What made 2004 special is that we truly did it together. I didn't appreciate it then because i was a rookie and i hadn't gone through the pains and disappointments like Mike O'Shea, Michael Fletcher, Orlondo Steinauer and some of the other guys so i didn't appreciate how difficult it is (even in an 8 team league) to be a champion. If you don't believe i am young enough, if you don't believe in my athleticism, if you don't believe in my speed PLEASE believe that i have enough pain and embarrassment burned into my memory to last a lifetime. Ive been on the field for all the boos. Ive listened to every critique. Ive read every post on OUR fan forum. Ive heard us get bashed time and time again from those on the outside and inside. I am a competitor and i can feel all of those things burning under my skin whenever i think of them and i take them to bed when i sleep at night . This year is much more personal to me than it is for most. Its these feelings and the success i had at safety at the end of this past season that makes me believe that i can make a difference on the field this year. I believe i can make impact plays and i know i can make my teammates better.
    Please don't underestimate your energy or your ability as fans to effect what happens on the field both in a positive way and a negative way. I can remember back in 2010 Angelo V posted a critique of the way i was playing at the time. He wasn't mean or spiteful. He just gave his honest opinion on what he saw from me on the field. What he said was well thought out and it made football sense. If you read this Angelo i want to say thank you. You challenged me and you were as big a reason as any as to why my play improved. I have never actually sat down and talked to you but I could hear your critique in my head while i was actually on the field. I know that critiques like that come from frustration and i completely understand why our fans have been frustrated. I am tired of seeing disappointment in the eyes of our fans at Jack Astor's. I am tired of walking past Joe Bidali's and having to see disappointment in Lori's eyes. I am tired of seeing other teams laugh and joke and celebrate at OUR team after party. Its not going down like that this year. I believe that energy is contagious. I reached out because i wanted to give off some positive energy. I wanted to give you guys some hope and bring you guys closer so that we could share this experience. We play in the best city in Canada. We have an offensive head coach that comes from the offense that changed the way the game has been played in canada over the last 4 years. We have coaches on both sides of the ball that that have been champions. We have a quarterback that is the real deal and is as competitive and resourceful as they come. We have men on this team that are winners that are tired of being labeled as losers. We have a core group of some of the most diehard fans in the league. This is OUR moment and i believe we can do it if we do it together. i am going to give everything that's in me to help our team win and to make you guys proud to be our fans. The 100th ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREY CUP is being played in our back yard...what could be cooler than that??
    #ALLHANDSONDECK

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    JY, how does Jones intend on using you in 2012?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    can't even tell you how great JY's post makes me feel. it's a great feeling to win (as we all remember), but it's even better to win with quality, special people that give a damn about their team, their teammates and their supporters.
    with an outlook like he has, what double-blue diehard wouldn't want #26 on our team doing whatever is in his power to be a positive factor for the Argonauts?

roll on training camp!
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    What a fantastic post from JY. I feel very confident he is not only going to make the team but make a big impact at safety this season. Bring it on, can't wait!

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    And this is only a small part of what makes him my fave player!

Thanks JY. It means a lot to have you and BP come and post here. And thanks for keeping me in suspense! :P I really thought you would be retiring this year. I'm happy....is it June yet?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanx JY for replying to this thread for 3 reasons on my part.
    i) as a fan that does not have as much football sense as most, it was educational and it's forums like these where I find I can pick up some football knowledge
    ii) good to see that fantastic positive attitude coming from the players. I am glad to see the players excited for the next season especially with the changes .... Which are definitely upgrades .
    iii) good to get some cheerleading going in the off season. It can seem long ..... GO ARGOS!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    What a fantastic post from JY. I feel very confident he is not only going to make the team but make a big impact at safety this season. Bring it on, can't wait!
    Paul, I am so excited about the upcoming Argo campaign that I am going to do something I said I would never do again....attend the Labour Day game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Paul, I am so excited about the upcoming Argo campaign that I am going to do something I said I would never do again....attend the Labour Day game.
    Make sure you wear ear protection . . .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    presuming the schedulers don't screw us again...
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JY26 View Post
    Whats up everybody? This is Jordan Younger. First off i want to say thank you to those that welcomed me back. I love being a Toronto Argonaut and there is no other team id rather play for. I started my career here and God willing i will finish it here. I am going to get right to the point. I have read almost every post from the last 3 seasons. I want to say thank you to all of you for caring enough for us to even be a topic that matters in your life. We haven't given you guys much to be hopeful about. Its not due to lack of trying but this is professional football and giving great effort should be a given. I originally moved to Sam linebacker because of the skill set needed to play that position in "match" coverage. The most important skill being route recognition and the ability to cover. The Sam is one of the more complicated positions to play in that defence and honestly there where times that i struggled at it. @Area 51-i read your defensive reports cards and if i was a general manager and i was making the decision solely based on on-field performance than i would be more inclined to agree with you about the way that i played. I could talk X's and O's for days and give you reasons and excuses but the bottom line is I didn't make enough impact plays at Sam. The last few games of the season i played at Free Safety. It was a much more natural fit for me. I was able to effect the game and being further away from the box gave me a perspective more like the one i had when i played cornerback. It allowed me to see the bigger picture. I could see the quarterback drop, the movement of the lineman, the quarterback's last look and the release of the inside receiver's all at once. It was the first time in my career that i could take in that much information almost every play. My speed is not in question. There were plays this year where i had to run down some players that most would call fast players. My speed didn't show up often at Sam mostly because of indecision. At Free Safety i didn't feel that indecision. My natural instincts brought me to where the ball was going.
    Reaching out to you guys like this isn't really my way but i feel like we have an opportunity to make this an incredible year; a special year. What made 2004 special is that we truly did it together. I didn't appreciate it then because i was a rookie and i hadn't gone through the pains and disappointments like Mike O'Shea, Michael Fletcher, Orlondo Steinauer and some of the other guys so i didn't appreciate how difficult it is (even in an 8 team league) to be a champion. If you don't believe i am young enough, if you don't believe in my athleticism, if you don't believe in my speed PLEASE believe that i have enough pain and embarrassment burned into my memory to last a lifetime. Ive been on the field for all the boos. Ive listened to every critique. Ive read every post on OUR fan forum. Ive heard us get bashed time and time again from those on the outside and inside. I am a competitor and i can feel all of those things burning under my skin whenever i think of them and i take them to bed when i sleep at night . This year is much more personal to me than it is for most. Its these feelings and the success i had at safety at the end of this past season that makes me believe that i can make a difference on the field this year. I believe i can make impact plays and i know i can make my teammates better.
    Please don't underestimate your energy or your ability as fans to effect what happens on the field both in a positive way and a negative way. I can remember back in 2010 Angelo V posted a critique of the way i was playing at the time. He wasn't mean or spiteful. He just gave his honest opinion on what he saw from me on the field. What he said was well thought out and it made football sense. If you read this Angelo i want to say thank you. You challenged me and you were as big a reason as any as to why my play improved. I have never actually sat down and talked to you but I could hear your critique in my head while i was actually on the field. I know that critiques like that come from frustration and i completely understand why our fans have been frustrated. I am tired of seeing disappointment in the eyes of our fans at Jack Astor's. I am tired of walking past Joe Bidali's and having to see disappointment in Lori's eyes. I am tired of seeing other teams laugh and joke and celebrate at OUR team after party. Its not going down like that this year. I believe that energy is contagious. I reached out because i wanted to give off some positive energy. I wanted to give you guys some hope and bring you guys closer so that we could share this experience. We play in the best city in Canada. We have an offensive head coach that comes from the offense that changed the way the game has been played in canada over the last 4 years. We have coaches on both sides of the ball that that have been champions. We have a quarterback that is the real deal and is as competitive and resourceful as they come. We have men on this team that are winners that are tired of being labeled as losers. We have a core group of some of the most diehard fans in the league. This is OUR moment and i believe we can do it if we do it together. i am going to give everything that's in me to help our team win and to make you guys proud to be our fans. The 100th ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREY CUP is being played in our back yard...what could be cooler than that??
    #ALLHANDSONDECK
    Well, if this post from JY doesn't get everyone on here excited, I don't know what can! It sounds like the plan then is for you to be playing free safety this year and Chris Jones obviously feels that you are a good candidate there. Physically, you must be feeling better as well. Do you have any idea concerning Byron Parker's plans? It sure sounded from his last posts on here in the fall that he was looking to leave Toronto but perhaps the off-season changes so far have rekindled his enthusiasm for the Argos? Thanks for posting, Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    presuming that Rogers don't screw us again...
    Fixed that for you.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well thanks for posting Jordan. I for one have ripped the team pretty good the last few years but the Argos as I say are my first love. Since moving to Vancouver Island in Oct of 02 I stopped heading over to Vancouver to watch you guys after the first few years. The Argos last win in Vancouver was the summer of 02 before we moved here. I got sick of listening to the so called laid back folks in Vancouver treat me like CRAP. Dressed in Argoholic coveralls was like having a huge target on my back.
    Having sad that this year will be hitting the ferry for the trip over as I feel this will be the year that you win in BC. You have to win once before we move back to Ontario. Hopeflly that will be sooner than later. I miss everything Argo from games, practices, friends, meeting players at Badailis, road trips you name it.
    Now lets get Byron signed!!!!!!!!