Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Wynn suspended 1 game for hit on Gable.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/07/14/argos-...me-suspension/

I think it's a bit on the light side. Can't have these hits....was thinking 2 IMO.
    Other than for a doping infraction, I can't recall anyone being suspended for more than one game in the CFL. If Hebert only got one recently, I don't see why Wynne would merit any more than that. Further, missing one game cheque out of 18 is not insignificant.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Other than for a doping infraction, I can't recall anyone being suspended for more than one game in the CFL. If Hebert only got one recently, I don't see why Wynne would merit any more than that. Further, missing one game cheque out of 18 is not insignificant.
    3downnation.com/2018/07/14/speedy-justice-wynn-suspended-one-game-cfl/

Check out the video, that was nasty, you can not defend that. Gable was laying on the ground already and Wyn speared him, helmet to helmet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have no issue with the Wynn suspension. It was late on a guy that was on the ground and he led with the crown of the helmet. The sooner they get those types of hits out of the game the better.

As far as the game went, I think considering the rain, Franklin was outstanding. Rough game for Noel, maybe not ready for prime time yet. I still would like to see him get his reps though. Maybe a rotation with Smith and Williams at the 2 wide out spots. Can't wait for Coombs to return. As far as the running game, it was clear to me that Edmonton game planned to stop it. My issue with it at this point is every run with Wilder is straight up the gut between the guards. The need to try the occasional stretch run and let him get to the edge. Either that or Franklin needs to occasionally hold the ball and take the corner himself. That will put less defenders in the box.

Still not worried though. The Argos are a very good team. The also held Reiley to 250 yards passing this week. Darby as Paul said is fantastic.

.Sorry, despite his gift INT, Heath has to go when Ford returns from injury. He's been brutal. Yell hasn't been great either, but I have seen some progress there.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The need to try the occasional stretch run and let him get to the edge. Either that or Franklin needs to occasionally hold the ball and take the corner himself. That will put less defenders in the box.
    I agree completely. We have to give defences different things to think about than runs up the middle.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by halifaxguy View Post
    3downnation.com/2018/07/14/speedy-justice-wynn-suspended-one-game-cfl/

Check out the video, that was nasty, you can not defend that. Gable was laying on the ground already and Wyn speared him, helmet to helmet.
    Not defending it but I have seen hits just as bad or worse get one game suspensions also and one game in an 18 game regular season is not insignificant. Further, Wynn has no history of being a dirty player, unlike Kyries Hebert.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Rough game for Noel, maybe not ready for prime time yet.
    I was a little surprised when Suitor singled out Noel for criticism on the broadcast, I thought it was a little unfair. His first drop in the endzone would have been a very difficult catch, the kind he's made a couple of times already but not this time. The second "drop" on the crossing pattern looked to be way over his head, Suitor said he should have caught it but to me he looked like he could barely touch it. I think Suitor was revealing a bit of an anti-Canadian bias, and i'm only half joking.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I was a little surprised when Suitor singled out Noel for criticism on the broadcast, I thought it was a little unfair. His first drop in the endzone would have been a very difficult catch, the kind he's made a couple of times already but not this time. The second "drop" on the crossing pattern looked to be way over his head, Suitor said he should have caught it but to me he looked like he could barely touch it. I think Suitor was revealing a bit of an anti-Canadian bias, and i'm only half joking.
    I thought that too; or maybe that I didn't see those attempts clear enough, cause all those Noel "drops" seemed like difficult catch attempts; as opposed to blatant, right in the hands drops - like Darvin Adams showed twice last Bomber game.

Suitor is a tired old dullard of a CFL commentator IMO - liked the guy as a player, and he obviously loves the league, but he's redundant, cliched, boring as a TC commentator; TSN should give him and Rod Black the boot, and they'd have way better broadcasts just by that. Rod Smith is far superior to Black as a play by play guy, and they could find dozens of well spoken & knowledgeable football people to replace Suitor.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Noel has done pretty well with the balls thrown to him, but he never seems to get separation. His numbers would be better if every target wasn't contested.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I really like Noel, but iirc he dropped three passes, not two. One was a potential TD and one went off his hands and became an interception. The third one I give him a pass on as it was a very high throw, but the other two were catchable and should have been caught. However, that's not to say he should be cut (cough Declan Cross cough).
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I really like Noel, but iirc he dropped three passes, not two. One was a potential TD and one went off his hands and became an interception. The third one I give him a pass on as it was a very high throw, but the other two were catchable and should have been caught. However, that's not to say he should be cut (cough Declan Cross cough).

Your definition of "dropped" passes might be different than some others (see Rich above) - and i guess it could be a matter of opinion, and I suppose any pass directed towards a receiver and not caught could be called a drop (???); but again - you could compare any of Noel's 3 "drops" last game to the 2 blatant Darvin Adams drops in the last Bomber game = world of difference - between a guy wide-open and the ball hits hit right in the hands and he drops it, and a receiver unable to come up with a pass somewhere close to him and with coverage right there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    One was a potential TD and one went off his hands and became an interception.
    I forgot about that one, that was on the 3rd down gamble play that was a total mess, even if he caught the ball he would have been short. Surely Trestman and Franklin should share the blame for that terrible play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It was fair. He was fighting the ball no doubt. The ball in the end zone he definitely has to catch. The one that turned into an interception in the end had no difference in result because he was short of the sticks, but he has to catch that one too. 2 passes his way and 2 drops. The third one I don't count as a drop. He barely touched it.

Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I thought that too; or maybe that I didn't see those attempts clear enough, cause all those Noel "drops" seemed like difficult catch attempts; as opposed to blatant, right in the hands drops - like Darvin Adams showed twice last Bomber game.

Suitor is a tired old dullard of a CFL commentator IMO - liked the guy as a player, and he obviously loves the league, but he's redundant, cliched, boring as a TC commentator; TSN should give him and Rod Black the boot, and they'd have way better broadcasts just by that. Rod Smith is far superior to Black as a play by play guy, and they could find dozens of well spoken & knowledgeable football people to replace Suitor.
    LMFAO!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    How many starts was Jeff Fuller handed last season?

But Noel should probably now be banished back to the bench or just playing STs where he belongs ? Maybe Noel is still needing more time to learn to run routes - LOL? And interesting that some usual suspect types had little recognition or zip-o to say for Noel the game before where he had 2 excellent grabs for 80 some yards. Just priceless - sort of like Clown, er, Glenn, Suitor.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    How many starts was Jeff Fuller handed last season?

But Noel should probably now be banished back to the bench or just playing STs where he belongs ? Maybe Noel is still needing more time to learn to run routes - LOL? And interesting that some usual suspect types had little recognition or zip-o to say for Noel the game before where he had 2 excellent grabs for 80 some yards. Just priceless - sort of like Clown, er, Glenn, Suitor.
    I'm not saying don't give him any playing time at receiver, but I don't think he's ready to be an every down player there. I would have no issue for now trying a rotation at the 2 WR spots with him, Malcolm Williams and Rodney Smith.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    For the record, I don't think Noel should be benched. But he has to catch passes thrown his way, especially when we are working in a new qb. (And so do Green, Edwards, Wilder etc).

Also for the record, I didn't see whatever passes Adams dropped, and I really don't care. It's convenient to call out an INT for getting a lot of rope, but I honestly don't care what the Bombers do with their personnel. And again for the record, I'm not a big fan of Adams and feel he has been overrated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    For the record, I don't think Noel should be benched. But he has to catch passes thrown his way, especially when we are working in a new qb. (And so do Green, Edwards, Wilder etc).

Also for the record, I didn't see whatever passes Adams dropped, and I really don't care. It's convenient to call out an INT for getting a lot of rope, but I honestly don't care what the Bombers do with their personnel. And again for the record, I'm not a big fan of Adams and feel he has been overrated.
    Ok, so FYI - Adams had 2 passes last game that were dead on, right in his hands, with no defender what-so-ever around to contest, and he flat out dropped them. That, IMO, is a very different category of attempt or drop compared to 2 of the passes directed at Noel last game. Agreed though that Adams is (very IMO) over-rated; and you wouldn't see a Suitor type call-out of the guy even though he's dropped pass after pass as a feature receiver for the Bombers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The third one I don't count as a drop. He barely touched it.
    That's the one Suitor said Noel "should have caught". Watch the tape. I thought it was so bizarre at the time because the pass looked uncatchable. I guess Suitor had already made up his mind about Noel after the first two "drops", and it looks like he wasn't the only one who did. It reminds me of the time Declan Cross dropped a couple in a row early in his Argo career and some poster really embarrassed himself on this site by insisting what a terrible player Cross was.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's the one Suitor said Noel "should have caught". Watch the tape. I thought it was so bizarre at the time because the pass looked uncatchable. I guess Suitor had already made up his mind about Noel after the first two "drops", and it looks like he wasn't the only one who did. It reminds me of the time Declan Cross dropped a couple in a row early in his Argo career and some poster really embarrassed himself on this site by insisting what a terrible player Cross was.
    Difference being nobody is calling for Noel to be cut. I still believe he needs playing time, and perhaps he should have received more prior to this season, but none of us really know if he is going to be a good every down receiver. I'm good with a rotation of him, Williams and Smith for the 2 outside positions.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Further, Wynn has no history of being a dirty player,
    he does now

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ok, so FYI - Adams had 2 passes last game that were dead on, right in his hands, with no defender what-so-ever around to contest, and he flat out dropped them. That, IMO, is a very different category of attempt or drop compared to 2 of the passes directed at Noel last game. Agreed though that Adams is (very IMO) over-rated; and you wouldn't see a Suitor type call-out of the guy even though he's dropped pass after pass as a feature receiver for the Bombers.
    Of course it's different to you. You see things how you want to see them. Canadians are great. Americans suck.

I'm not a big fan of Adams and feel he has been overrated.
    Darvin Adams is not overrated. He had a monster year and missed 3 games last year. I don't care if a receiver drops the odd pass when he produces like Adams does. Allen Pitts dropped a lot of catchable balls over his career, but because he made so many plays, nobody remembers it.

Bombers sure weren't that good after Adams went down last year. TSN also illustrated a great job he did of coming down the line and sealing and inside block which allowed Harris to score a long TD last game. He's a stud receiver in my books.