Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    One of the things we KNEW we had to do was improve the game-day experience. I even came on here and asked for suggestions and received many. All of those suggestions were seen by Sr. Management, many were implemented.

Seriously, it is a strange market. I don't know if it's a hostile market, or an apathetic market, and honestly I don't know which is worse, but I do know neither is ideal.
    Jeff Hunt had some interesting ideas about some of the things you posted. "Learned from Renegades' mistakes that if there were ten reasons why the team failed five had to do with the stadium" Frank Clair Stadium (FCS) did not deliver a pro sports experience ie concessions lineups, washrooms, poor sound system, bench seating. Hopefully BMO at least does not have those issues.

He also commented that apathy, which you always hear is the worst thing, may not be bad at all. Because of the previous failures of the RR, an apathy and lack of knowledge had set in with the younger generation. To that end they really had no bad preconceptions, so the team could basically market afresh. Apparently he asked his own kids and they didn't know anything about the RR. Obviously in that market their approach has been wildly successful.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Keep tabs on what specifically?
    This thread, hear what the folks have to say, which you have already done and hopefully will continue to do so.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Keep tabs on what specifically?
    Don't worry too much Mike. One user does not represent the entire fan base, nor this forum.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    This thread, hear what the folks have to say, which you have already done and hopefully will continue to do so.
    I like to keep tabs on this site because it gives me at least a snapshot as to what some of the diehard fans are thinking. I can't sit in the stands during a game, so I honestly appreciate any/all feedback here because it allows me to do my job better, and to learn more about what is and isn't working from the perspective of someone in the seats.

I'd like to think I've been accessible to Argo fans here and all across social media, and will continue to be.

Think about this, people who frequent this site have direct access to someone who sits in Sr. Management meetings and is more than happy to listen to and act upon complaints/suggestions. How many fan bases can say that? In my eyes it shows we're all about our fans, which I can guarantee you is absolutely true.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Don't worry too much Mike. One user does not represent the entire fan base, nor this forum.
    I think you're missing the point

Achievements:
    Level
    I think you're missing the point
    I think you’ve been missing Mike’s points.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    Everything Mike said is extremely accurate. I have personally worked with many people in that front office and I can tell you these people CARE. They have a vision and are willing to sustain losses in order to achieve that long term goal. It sure beats the days when C&S had myself and some the other ticket office staff parade around Downtown Toronto just handing out tickets to anyone and everyone. Patience my friends the good times are going to come back

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I think you’ve been missing Mike’s points.
    What point am I missing? And frankly I resent my keen interest in this side of the business being seen as something sinister.

As much as I am loathe to say, TFC has a much more engaged fanbase for all aspects of their team. Is there something wrong in me asking a few questions and showing a little passion for the future of the team. If my words have been misconstrued by people as challenging management they were not meant like that. But I think any TFC fan wouldn't be satisfied with vague responses.

I have never criticized anything Mike said and truthfully want to explore each initiative that he posted. Simple as that.

Achievements:
    Level
    What point am I missing? And frankly I resent my keen interest in this side of the business being seen as something sinister.

As much as I am loathe to say, TFC has a much more engaged fanbase for all aspects of their team. Is there something wrong in me asking a few questions and showing a little passion for the future of the team. If my words have been misconstrued by people as challenging management they were not meant like that. But I think any TFC fan wouldn't be satisfied with vague responses.

I have never criticized anything Mike said and truthfully want to explore each initiative that he posted. Simple as that.
    Hoagie takes the time to read this forum, asks for our feedback, gives us updates on what will be implemented going forward. I don't think I have ever witnessed such engagement between a fan forum and someone with ties to upper management. This is the closest we got in my lifetime, confirming that posts are being read. And instead of recognizing this fact, being thankful (and respectful), we choose to question Mike, ask for more than he can really give us or just complain. What I fear is that the communication may stop because some people will choose to just continue criticizing and being negative rather than being thankful for Mike taking his time to engage with us. He, nor anyone from the team, has to do this and they could fairly well just stop. This is why I make it clear, that your posts does not represent the fan base or this forum. Especially the fact, "Argos aren't my first choice and I don't really support the team". And yes, there are subtle remarks within your posts that aren't exactly "innocent" (ex. vague responses).

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    You win, I give up.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Its unfair to the argos fans that we always have the tfc comparison.
    The team doesnt care. The media dont care. We are the only ones that care.
    Argos and tfc ownership are the same and they likely have the exact same teams working on marketing and ticketing.
    This is a league wide issue.
    The TSN tv numbers really hide the fact that this league is dying at the gate. Lots of empty seats in calgary tonight.
    Maybe mcMahon stadium is too big? But at one point it was probably filled frequently.
    The league needs some marketable stars. Until tonight i had never heard of the calgary qb, and likely by tommorow i'll have forgotten his name.
    I challenge you to ask your friends to list cfl qbs, then list nfl qbs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Honestly it's Almost at the point where it doesn't matter what they do. Who would want to come watch this team? All they do is lose regular season games. As I've said previously they haven't had back to back winning regular seasons since 2006 & 2007.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Honestly it's Almost at the point where it doesn't matter what they do. Who would want to come watch this team? All they do is lose regular season games. As I've said previously they haven't had back to back winning regular seasons since 2006 & 2007.
    they won 2 grey cups in the last 8 years.. and won just 2 years ago... having back-to-back winning seasons won't make a difference if winning the grey cup made no difference.

the Jays missed the playoffs 20 years straight and would still get at least 25k into the stadium.

Toronto just doesn't care

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    they won 2 grey cups in the last 8 years.. and won just 2 years ago... having back-to-back winning seasons won't make a difference if winning the grey cup made no difference.

the Jays missed the playoffs 20 years straight and would still get at least 25k into the stadium.

Toronto just doesn't care
    That's great but that doesn't help home attendance when you can't win regular season home games.

Have you seen all the empty seats at Jays games this season? Guaranteed there have been games with less than 10,000 in actual attendance this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    That's great but that doesn't help home attendance when you can't win regular season home games.

Have you seen all the empty seats at Jays games this season? Guaranteed there have been games with less than 10,000 in actual attendance this season.
    It could be argued that this team is ruining attendance at the “away” games. In the English Premiership League the teams charge two tier prices. High prices for games against the top teams and low prices against the rest of the league.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Next home game start YouTube sensation @destroying. Social media night. About 1.5 million young people will know the Argos are playing. My son’s friends don’t follow the Argos but do follow @destroying.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    It could be argued that this team is ruining attendance at the “away” games. In the English Premiership League the teams charge two tier prices. High prices for games against the top teams and low prices against the rest of the league.
    The Jays do this as well. I believe that the leafs and Raptors do too. Also higher prices for weekend games and lower prices for weekday games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Next home game start YouTube sensation @destroying. Social media night. About 1.5 million young people will know the Argos are playing. My son’s friends don’t follow the Argos but do follow @destroying.
    At this point you may as well. If we don't win our next game our season will pretty much be over.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Screw that. Crapigna can kick circles around Tennis Fan. There have been enough puzzling decisions made by the staff already this season. It's a nice story but he is not deserving a roster spot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    the real question is why Crapigna was cut in the first place and Drew Brown was kept, but i digress.