Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    We lost one (because of the challenge) and we used the one we had left.
    When did we call a timeout? I totally missed that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    When did we call a timeout? I totally missed that.
    Right after Mtl's first play with about 1:40 left.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Right after Mtl's first play with about 1:40 left.
    Thanks, not sure how I missed that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well, one of the most deflating losses in recent memory. Lots of positives to go around. Special Teams seems to have settled down recently. Aside from costly holding/blocking infractions on returns and a routing the kicker call, I commend MacDiarmid for having the teams ready to play....a blocked punt a game is no longer expected.

The defense was swarming for the most part. Looks like the Coleman for Lemon deal helps both teams. Thomas also looked good inside and good to see Robbie Smith start. Aside from a couple big plays through the air, the unit played hard. Give Montreal credit.

MBT. The best player on the field today (Sorry VA JR). Under constant pressure, he stands in there and keeps plugging away. Is he the best qb? Maybe not. Is he a CFL starter? Yes. He has flaws in his game like every player, but be played good enough to get this team a win today. The last drive was efficient. Armanti Edwards catches that ball 9 times out of 10. He remains the starter.

As depressed as I have been since the game ended, I am ready to get riled up for Labour Day . If the Argos called me tomorrow to renew my ST....I would as I love this team as much as it feels like I got kicked in the DJ Sackey .
    Last edited by gilthethrill; 08-25-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well, one of the most deflating losses in recent memory. Lots of positives to go around. Special Teams seems to have settled down recently. Aside from costly holding/blocking infractions on returns and a routing the kicker call, I commend MacDiarmid for having the teams ready to play....a blocked punt a game is no longer expected.

The defense was swarming for the most part. Looks like the Coleman for Lemon deal helps both teams. Thomas also looked good inside and good to see Robbie Smith start. Aside from a couple big plays through the air, the unit played hard. Give Montreal credit.

MBT. The best player on the field today (Sorry VA JR). Under constant pressure, he stands in there and keeps plugging away. Is he the best qb? Maybe not. Is he a CFL starter? Yes. He has flaws in his game like every player, but be played good enough to get this team a win today. The last drive was efficient. Armanti Edwards catches that ball 9 times out of 10. He remains the starter.

As depressed as I have been since the game needed, I am ready to get riled up for Labour Day . If the Argos called me tomorrow to renew my ST....I would as I love this team as much as it feels like I got kicked in the DJ Sackey .
    It has been one of those seasons!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    We desperately need a coach. Wasting a challenge on no yards penalty....unbelievable.

Also need a #1 QB. MBT would make a good backup, but he is definitely not a #1 QB. Forget the stats, he is not a winner.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I caught the last 15 minutes of the game in Australia on CFL.ca game thread. What a tough end to the gameñ and playoff season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    I’m not an MBT fan, but I will give him props today - he hung in there, and made good reads and decisive throws. I thought that the offense was simplified - they just settled two receivers in the hook zone and threw to the one that was open, but hey - it worked.

I will also give him credit for playing behind an awful OL. Halfway through the season and still no rushing td’s this year - some of that falls on the OC and play calling, some of that falls on a lack of a breakaway run, but most of that falls on the OL.

The challenge that I struggle with is who should be the QB for the balance of the year. Playoffs....??!!??? (Insert Jim Mora video....).....yeah....that ain’t happening. So it’s time to invest in who you think the starter will be next year, and there is not be a clear cut answer there. MBT has the stats over the last couple of games, so I guess it’s his ball until he does something MBT-like that will take him off the field.

Coaching bad....yada, yada, yada....... Dumb challenge.....yada, yada, yada...... missed opportunities..... yada, yada, yada....... too many penalties...... yada, yada, yada..... and you’re 1-8.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    It's hard to beat this game entertainment wise when it is played like today. Should do this game next year, same place, same teams.

There are holes in this team, they thought they had a nice plug in Franklin but so far hasn't worked out. Probably unfair to compare to Ricky. Again free agency has a number of QB's come available. Why can't we sign a bigger name QB out of the NCAA? I think Will said, forget the cap, go get what you need. Lets become the hated Argos, league needs us to be that, going to be good for the league I think.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    It's hard to beat this game entertainment wise when it is played like today. Should do this game next year, same place, same teams.

There are holes in this team, they thought they had a nice plug in Franklin but so far hasn't worked out. Probably unfair to compare to Ricky. Again free agency has a number of QB's come available. Why can't we sign a bigger name QB out of the NCAA? I think Will said, forget the cap, go get what you need. Lets become the hated Argos, league needs us to be that, going to be good for the league I think.
    As long as we're not the team giving up the Home Game!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    As long as we're not the team giving up the Home Game!
    Watching the game today it sure looked like a ton of empty seats at the stadium.
    Let some other team give up a home date, the weather this weekend would have made a trip to BMO quite enjoyable.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    I cannot envisage a scenario in which the Argos surrender another home game next year, and definitely not in August. We need to play back to back home games during the Ex.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue90 View Post

Also need a #1 QB. MBT would make a good backup, but he is definitely not a #1 QB. Forget the stats, he is not a winner.
    So what are the guys who missed blocks and dropped passes and took penalties? Or should we forget those stats as well? Pinning the blame on the one player who performed well makes no sense to me. You can ignore 464 yards if they're racked up in garbage time, but that wasn't the case today. MBT drove the length of the field in a minute, without any time outs, with a glaring dropped pass and several plays that failed to stop the clock. Had a sure-handed receiver, who is more than a backup despite that stat, done his job, too, we win the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So what are the guys who missed blocks and dropped passes and took penalties? Or should we forget those stats as well? Pinning the blame on the one player who performed well makes no sense to me. You can ignore 464 yards if they're racked up in garbage time, but that wasn't the case today. MBT drove the length of the field in a minute, without any time outs, with a glaring dropped pass and several plays that failed to stop the clock. Had a sure-handed receiver, who is more than a backup despite that stat, done his job, too, we win the game.
    Bingo. MBT has been great the last 3 games no matter what anyone here thinks.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Agreed. Penalties killed them today.
    The defence was terrible in the 2nd half, pass defence was bad as usual. There were a few dropped passes, but MBT cost them the game with a bad throw on the last play of the game. He cannot make the simple throws, and his deep passing is pathetic as seen again in today's game.

Challenging the no yards penalty was really dump. This coach is just not smart. 1 win in his last 18 games. I wonder why.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Agreed. Penalties killed them today.
    The defence was terrible in the 2nd half, pass defence was bad as usual. There were a few dropped passes, but MBT cost them the game with a bad throw on the last play of the game. He cannot make the simple throws, and his deep passing is pathetic as seen again in today's game.

Challenging the no yards penalty was really dump. This coach is just not smart. 1 win in his last 18 games. I wonder why.
    I have to agree with some of those things. But we don't have Ricky Ray anymore to make those accurate throws to an under used Darryl Walker to make the difference. I thought the team played their hearts out and have to find a way to win with what they have right now. They're close but the hole looks pretty deep to crawl out of. Half way through the season and the playoff teams look set IMO. Four from the West again, Hamilton and probably Montreal. If the Argos keep playing like they did today they are going to be a tough team to beat going down the stretch but it is going to be awful difficult to catch Montreal for second now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    MBT cost them the game with a bad throw on the last play of the game. He cannot make the simple throws, and his deep passing is pathetic as seen again in today's game.
    He can't make the simple throws? So what were the 36 passes he completed, and the four that were right in receivers' hands and should have been caught? Difficult throws? As for him costing them the game on the last play, that pass was not perfect but was extremely catchable and not in any way a bad throw. And the team would not have been in position to win had he not driven the length of the field, overcoming some serious obstacles along the way including no time-out to work with, a dropped ball by Rainey and some plays that failed to get out of bounds and therefore did not stop the clock. The idea that MBT cost the Argos the game is so far from the truth as to be laughable. He does lack accuracy on deep passes (although his completion to Walker for a TD seemed to work out fine), but it didn't seem to matter much when he was spraying the ball around to open receivers all day.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Argos led by 16 unanswered points, just 2 mins shy of the half.

What broke down in the 3rd Quarter to help Montreal take the lead?

That's where I would be looking for faults. And I wouldn't be looking at our QB. He did plenty enough to earn two points and was resilient, tough and valiant all afternoon.

He may be over his head as a starter, at times, but he's also showing that he could be one of the best backups in the CFL.

I just wonder when & where the breaking point is for this team. The game where they all kind of collectively stop caring and it turns into a shit show.
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    The Argos led by 16 unanswered points, just 2 mins shy of the half.

What broke down in the 3rd Quarter to help Montreal take the lead?

That's where I would be looking for faults. And I wouldn't be looking at our QB. He did plenty enough to earn two points and was resilient, tough and valiant all afternoon.

He may be over his head as a starter, at times, but he's also showing that he could be one of the best backups in the CFL.

I just wonder when & where the breaking point is for this team. The game where they all kind of collectively stop caring and it turns into a shit show.
    Wait, you mean that it's not already a shit show?
    :-)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    All the tickets might have been sold for the game but there were plenty of empty seats in the stands.

Unlike the game in 2010, when there were 20,000 seats, this time only 10,000 were available. Last time the players were in the Maritimes for a week promoting the CFL and this time the players were in town for about 30 hours. No visible promotion or events in Moncton.

This time we’re actively trying to move a tenth franchise forward it less effort exerted? I don’t get it?
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin