Closed Thread
Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Went to one soccer game at BMO and that was enough.
    Absolutely the worst so called stadium from a fans perspective.
    A glorified bleacher like facility with a basket acting like a seat with no arm rest and no leg room for a person over six feet.
    The stands are made out of match sticks as it shakes like the entire house of cards will come down.
    If by chance this happens, I for one after nearly 20 years as a season ticket holder will not renew.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Seems a bit odd that MLSE wants "hundreds of millions" in upgrades to a $63-million facility? The Argos and TFC don't need 40,000 seats. This is more likely an NFL play, which was the stated goal of Leiweke when he arrived at MLSE. The 40,000-seater is likely the "lower bowl" of an NFL stadium, with a 25,000-seat upper bowl option designed into the structure. This future upgrade might cost only $200 million for the NFL, a far cry from the projected $1 Billion for a new stadium...but now with the taxpayers footing the bill.
    http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post36491

These were my only reservations about the MLSE/BMO option, but now I'm afraid this is exactly what's going on here. Again, the word "expandable" will be the key when it comes to the BMO renovations.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Seems a bit odd that MLSE wants "hundreds of millions" in upgrades to a $63-million facility? The Argos and TFC don't need 40,000 seats. This is more likely an NFL play, which was the stated goal of Leiweke when he arrived at MLSE. The 40,000-seater is likely the "lower bowl" of an NFL stadium, with a 25,000-seat upper bowl option designed into the structure. This future upgrade might cost only $200 million for the NFL, a far cry from the projected $1 Billion for a new stadium...but now with the taxpayers footing the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post36491

These were my only reservations about the MLSE/BMO option, but now I'm afraid this is exactly what's going on here. Again, the word "expandable" will be the key when it comes to the BMO renovations.
    i can't imagine that there's anything to this at all.

BMO stadium in it's current incarnation could never expand to have a 40k lower bowl type of setup. that would be a total demolition and starting over from the ground up. i haven't heard anyone suggest anything of the kind. as other posters have already said, BMO is pretty much made from tinker-toy stuff right now... this isn't the sort of structure that gets made into a 65K NFL style stadium.

i see it more as a 30ish-thousand seater, with the potential to have 10K more for special events like Winter Classics or Grey Cups. (the more i think about it, the less likely i think it is that MLSE, if the own the Argos, would want a Grey Cup in Toronto in any other building than one that they own... so i doubt that the RC gets used for GCs and home playoffs)
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    I got a tip and did some fishing and pretended I knew more than I did with some people on the in and with some really on the in. I' am not going to debate this but it sounds like I atleast will stop guessing. Looks like we will be at BMO field for 2015 season. I also got that the Argos will be on the road for a bit during the start of the season. My guess is that is because of a retro-fit. MLSE will own the Argos. Braley is the problem but the deal will get done.

If am wrong I will host a tailgate where we end up for the ACTIVE current members on this form.
    Bump

Folks it's done like i said.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    i can't imagine that there's anything to this at all.

BMO stadium in it's current incarnation could never expand to have a 40k lower bowl type of setup. that would be a total demolition and starting over from the ground up. i haven't heard anyone suggest anything of the kind. as other posters have already said, BMO is pretty much made from tinker-toy stuff right now... this isn't the sort of structure that gets made into a 65K NFL style stadium.

i see it more as a 30ish-thousand seater, with the potential to have 10K more for special events like Winter Classics or Grey Cups. (the more i think about it, the less likely i think it is that MLSE, if the own the Argos, would want a Grey Cup in Toronto in any other building than one that they own... so i doubt that the RC gets used for GCs and home playoffs)
    I agree. I doubt even after renovations they could bring BMO Field up to a 65K NFL style stadium with out pretty much 3/4 or full demolition. A 30K with 40K expansion or 40K total capacity is much more likely. I'm sure like you have said that they want that for possibly future Grey Cups but I think the main reason is the Winter Classic. MLSE already put a bid in for the event back in 2009 but I'm pretty sure it was declined due to BMO Field's current capacity.

Boatman
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    NFL would laugh at the site and structure no matter how many people you can seat. Way more goes into an NFL worthy stadium nowadays than just how many you can cram into it..

This is a all about an annual winter classic for the Leafs and geting another sports property for MLSE.
    Rogers sucks. Bombers Suck. Visit www.ticatfans.com

Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    The Argos are going to ruin BMO FIELD! I hope MLSE sees that and how bad of an investment a money losing team like the Argos are.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ardesh View Post
    The Argos are going to ruin BMO FIELD! I hope MLSE sees that and how bad of an investment a money losing team like the Argos are.
    Send in the soccer snobs with non-factual statements, and no real argument as to why it shouldn't/won't happen!

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Send in the soccer snobs with non-factual statements, and no real argument as to why it shouldn't/won't happen!
    I don't think the name calling from either side is going to help things. Also it appears not just the majority of TFC fans are against the Argos moving in to BMO Field:

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    If by chance this happens, I for one after nearly 20 years as a season ticket holder will not renew.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 01-02-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post

"Hundreds of millions" of dollars worth of renovations on a $60M stadium sounds like a complete re-do to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't think the name calling from either side is going to help things.
    Not really name calling when it's the truth. If he had more of a valid response I wouldn't have called him a soccer snob.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Not really name calling when it's the truth. If he had more of a valid response I wouldn't have called him a soccer snob.
    Also, every post that particular individual has made on here has been insulting towards the Argos.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Ok. What exactly is a "soccer snob?"

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Also, every post that particular individual has made on here has been insulting towards the Argos.
    His few posts are all pretty much of the same vain. I'm curious as to what his motives for posting here are.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Regardless of this particular individual's motives, I agree with T-Bone that we should all resist the temptation to fire bullets at the soccer crowd. There is a very good chance we are going to end up sharing a nice stadium, hopefully to the benefit of both sports/teams, and there is no downside in keeping the discussion civil in the meantime.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    "Hundreds of millions" of dollars worth of renovations on a $60M stadium sounds like a complete re-do to me.
    If it is a major redo, then it is not going to happen during the soccer off season. If they want it done by 2015, they almost have to start now. But when ever they start, TFC is going to be homeless for at least a season. Would FC fans make the trip to Tim Horton's Field or would the team move into Rogers Playpen and get better dates than the Argos do?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    It's ok. They are the ones who are already looking to put up a fight. (the ones that are left)

They are "snobby" to think they can have both. Which is a renovated stadium with a roof, and no Argos.

It's one or the other.

It's also foolish to think that MLSE can recreate the "magic" was the first 4-5 seasons. They've lost a good chunk of the fanbase that will never return. With probably more this season that won't return. Besides, I'll have to wait to see if BMO field actually turned a profit for the city. Which it is really close to not doing in 2013.
    Last edited by Mulder; 01-02-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    It's ok. They are the ones who are already looking to put up a fight. (the ones that are left)

They are "snobby" to think they can have both. Which is a renovated stadium with a roof, and no Argos.

It's one or the other.
    Who is saying they are going to put up a fight? Who wants it "both ways?" Also why does it have to be "One or the other?"

It's also foolish to think that MLSE can recreate the "magic" was the first 4-5 seasons. They've lost a good chunk of the fanbase that will never return. With probably more this season that won't return.
    Some of the magic has defiantly been lost. That's inevitable with the record TFC has after 7 seasons. 2014 season ticket renewals have not started yet so we will just have to wait and see what the numbers end up being. Last season though the season ticket holder number was at 15,800. Before TFC started MLSE said they would be happy with 13,000 per game regular attendance. No one expected TFC to be the off field success that it was in season one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Who is saying they are going to put up a fight? Who wants it "both ways?" Also why does it have to be "One or the other?"
    You know who and where it's being said. But a hint anyways, it rhythms with Dead Patch Noise.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    You know who and where it's being said. But a hint anyways, it rhythms with Dead Patch Noise.
    The Red Patch Boys don't speak for all TFC fans. I don't frequent their forum because to be honest, a lot of it is crap. They are the noisiest group and get the most media attention as a result. I would be fine with BMO Field staying as it is. If it is going to be renovated, I'm willing to wait and see what is purposed before jumping of the ledge as some TFC fans and argotom have. I just hope that TFC fans concerns are addressed by MLSE in all this. If the situation was reversed how many here would be complaining about that "Crappy Toronto Soccer (because football is played with your hands) Club" moving in. Deerkeeper's already taking the opportunity to come up with scenarios to complain about the Argos getting crapped on long before any logistics have been worked out. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I will throw in my agreement with Mr. Woods. If we are to share a stadium with Toronto FC fans then I would hope that Argo fans would conduct themselves with class when dealing with Toronto FC fans. It is unfortunate that this doesn't appear to be the case.

...and no just because certain Toronto FC fans aren't acting classy isn't an excuse to act poorly.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022