Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The difference being that MLSE isn't stupid enough to have a significant price increase when a team of theirs plays to 60% capacity. What the Argos did this year made absolutely no business sense. It defies the whole supply and demand principle.
    THIS!

People in general are put off by a price increase when they see themselves surrounded by empty seats. They feel that they are being penalized for being loyal. Instead of increasing 30% ... how about marketing to get 30% more fans?

Reverse case in Hamilton. They decide to build new digs and play out of Guelph. Bob freezes ticket prices for the first season of the new digs. Now new digs are delayed ... and Bob freezes prices for 2015 as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The difference being that MLSE isn't stupid enough to have a significant price increase when a team of theirs plays to 60% capacity. What the Argos did this year made absolutely no business sense. It defies the whole supply and demand principle.
    They increased prices (a few times) when TFC wasn’t selling out.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    And also lowered ticket prices when they stunk.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Correct, they did lower the prices. I've already had this conversation with Neely2005:

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    If I remember correctly prices went up until season 4. Season 5 tickets were frozen at season 4 prices and last season they went down to season 1 prices. This season the price will be the same as last which is season 1 prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Yes they did, after a couple seasons of fan backlash and consecutive seasons of dwindling ticket sales.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Since there is no other option, the big bad MLSE and the crap stadium BMO will have to do.
    But I do agree some of the people who are now complaining about ticket prices, which in my mind they should not be complaining period, wait until the faceless MLSE jacks the prices.
    Just like they did many times with TFC and drove thousands of fans away.
    As for the fan experience at BMO, I have been to TFC games, there is no experience surrounding this location, zilch.
    Just as bad as the dome.
    In an ideal world, the Argos would have their own stadium and OUTSIDE the stupid downtown core.
    ArgoTom admits to attending TFC game! Read all about it above.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Sooner or later you're going to have to stop defending the Argos when they make bad decisions. I used to do it all the time, but I frankly got tired of lying to myself. I'll still be at every game and watch every road game on TV, but they always had and will have me as a die hard fan. Unfortunately they need to reel in the people that aren't going, and raising prices when their are so many empty seats (and don't kid yourself, there were close to 10k empty seats for every game except the Cats games last season) is business suicide. I have no idea how David Braley ever became rich.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    ArgoTom admits to attending TFC game! Read all about it above.

Yes that's true, twice.
    Will never go back again to watch minor league 5th Division soccer.
    On both occasions thought the meccano construction type bleachers were coming down as shaking like crazy.
    Had no room on my bowl like bucket seat with no arm rests, with my knees touching the row in front.
    Outside the stadium or underneath the horrible concourse, the atmosphere or lack thereof was horrid.
    Otherwise it was a great experience, not!!!

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Yes that's true, twice.
    On both occasions thought the meccano construction type bleachers were coming down as shaking like crazy.
    Had no room on my bowl like bucket seat with no arm rests, with my knees touching the row in front.
    Outside the stadium or underneath the horrible concourse, the atmosphere or lack thereof was horrid.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    T bone .... Don't take it so seriously. So he didn't have a good time... That's his problem!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yes that's true, twice.
    cmon Tom. you could have sugarcoated it for our resident TFC fan. How does 5th division equate to 88th best league?? ;]

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    T bone .... Don't take it so seriously.
    I don't take the majority of argotom's posts seriously, nor was my response in this case meant to be taken that way either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Glad, other people posted about MLSE reducing TFC's ticket prices after they had major fan backlashes which saw crowds dwindle to under 10,000 a game a couple of years ago.
    They would have put me in a position to defend MLSE ... For those saying there's nothing to complain about, you got to be kidding. Ticket prices are a big deal, if you look at the Argos attendance history, crowds have always gone down with ticket price increases. Face it, the Argos are not the Leafs, whom are really the only team in town that can raise ticket prices with impunity despite only making the playoffs once in 10 years.

Obviously many disagree that ticket prices aren't too high or there'd be 25-30,000 a game, and there isn't even though there are surely much more than 30,000 Argo fans in Toronto as the TV numbers would tell you. The Argos used to advertise having the most affordable ticket in town for pro sports fans, you notice they no longer advertise that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Considering ticket prices, and people moving seats at the dome, perhaps the Argos should take this approach. Sell seasons in preferred seating only. The rest of the seats are general admission. Strictly enforce seating in the preferred seating areas. Make general admission seating affordable. I feel like a dupe when I buy a certain seat and see other people move into the seats that are well above their seat price. Just be done with it, and make it general admission.

When it comes to Braley, love him or hate. I choose to do neither, but consider that he already owned a CFL franchise and stepped up when no one else would and bought a franchise to keep it alive. I don't know what type of promotion he does in Vancouver, but the BC Lions are his team. They were his team when he accepted to buy the Argos, and they still are his team. There's a reason that most leagues don't allow owners to own more than one team. Its called conflict of interest. I'm pretty sure Braley bought the team on the premise that he will continue to run the BC Lions but he will keep the Argos alive. Only keep alive. And if he involves himself too much in the Argos, its called conflict of interest. Just something to think about, and not defending Braley. I think its just the reality of the situation. I'm not liking his tactics to get more for the Argos than he should.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sooner or later you're going to have to stop defending the Argos when they make bad decisions. I used to do it all the time, but I frankly got tired of lying to myself. I'll still be at every game and watch every road game on TV, but they always had and will have me as a die hard fan. Unfortunately they need to reel in the people that aren't going, and raising prices when their are so many empty seats (and don't kid yourself, there were close to 10k empty seats for every game except the Cats games last season) is business suicide. I have no idea how David Braley ever became rich.
    I was commenting on MLSE raising ticket prices as people were complaining about the Argonauts raising ticket prices but also wanting MLSE to buy the Argonauts. I wasn't defending the Argonauts raising ticket prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    in 1 1/2 years, the Argos facebook page has gone from 7 thousand likes to 35 thousand likes. where are these people?

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    in 1 1/2 years, the Argos facebook page has gone from 7 thousand likes to 35 thousand likes. where are these people?
    Watching on TSN, like me next game. And I`m ST holder.

If I go, here is my cost for 2 people. $180 for tickets. 3 hour drive round trip in a jeep-gas $40. Parking $25. Food $40. Beer $80 (that`s 4 beers each in 4 hours). The Go has bad train times and is $30 round trip so not an option for the cost savings. Last 2 home games I stayed over night but won`t count that. $365 for 2 people.

When I`m at home food $20 eat like a king. Beer $40 for all we can drink. $1.80 for Sat feed. =$51.80 That`s for 4 people.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That can be said about any sporting event .... Whether in TO or Ottawa. Costs of watching at home will always be less and more convenient.
    As TSN does such good job in exposing the game, the event itself has to provide an experience.
    Yes the team as a whole, has to provide and facilitate that .... But the fans themselves have to show up . And I don't mean just in numbers but in enthusiasm ..... I figure the game is where I can act just that much more loony than I can at home. Jumping up for a touchdown is not quite the same off the couch/chair. Yelling Defense doesn't get me into the game.
    I sit behind the Argos bench .... That is one thing I miss by being at home, watching the guys as they come off the field. You can read so much into the teams character from that (Andrus days were horrifying)
    I do miss the analysis or replays off TSN ( thou I like Hogan better) but I like the videotron at the game as well. I like the videos they put together.
    I understand the cost problem ..... But the on site experience should be better in the long run .... We can do better .... The Argos can do better. ...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    Watching on TSN, like me next game. And I`m ST holder.

If I go, here is my cost for 2 people. $180 for tickets. 3 hour drive round trip in a jeep-gas $40. Parking $25. Food $40. Beer $80 (that`s 4 beers each in 4 hours). The Go has bad train times and is $30 round trip so not an option for the cost savings. Last 2 home games I stayed over night but won`t count that. $365 for 2 people.

When I`m at home food $20 eat like a king. Beer $40 for all we can drink. $1.80 for Sat feed. =$51.80 That`s for 4 people.

not to mention, if you are not an argos season ticket holder, they seem to offer so many deals throughout the season...as I said in a pervious thread, I have 4 tickets (2 adults and 2 kids)....the argos are offering a free kids ticket with the purchase of each adult ticket for the season...could save half of what I spent on seasons right there!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm now into my 43rd year of having some interest in the Argonauts. The almost continuous struggle for a decent existence in Toronto over the years has really become tedious.
    If the team is finally sold to MLSE and moves to (some form of renovated) BMO Field, will that even be enough? (I've never been to BMO Field: apparently it's a "crap stadium".)
    Braley is, we understand, holding to an unrealistic sale price, given that there is only one possibly-somewhat-interested buyer. I hope he enjoys owning the team while observing its decline.
    Before we know it every game will of necessity be a road game.