Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hey F*&# it all!!! haha. Not sure my posts come across funny to others but I have fun posting and reading posts on here.

Just post, don't think too much, just post. It's sports!! It's not my oldest buddy losing his 48 year old sister to cancer the other day. That's serious.

If Angelo isn't big on Frank The Tank then so be it. I hate many things and most people. haha

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Hey F*&# it all!!! haha. Not sure my posts come across funny to others but I have fun posting and reading posts on here.

Just post, don't think too much, just post. It's sports!! It's not my oldest buddy losing his 48 year old sister to cancer the other day. That's serious.

If Angelo isn't big on Frank The Tank then so be it. I hate many things and most people. haha
    Never have a problem with you. You are definitely one of my favourites on the site.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks! Not to anyone else though. haha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Nothing I guess. Maybe it's just me.
    Okay thanks, was just curious as I hadn't heard of that bothering anyone before.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't mind Frank, I actually prefer him over Simmons, although I can understand Angelo's point. Frank knows very little about the game of football and his writing style isn't what I'd called top end journalism, but he does provide me with the info I want or need and IMO that's the job of the media, to give us the information that we wouldn't have otherwise. Curtis Rush IMO is probably the better of the two Argos beat writers, but doesn't seem to be covering the team or league as much as prior to and during training camp, I wonder what happened there ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't mind Frank, I actually prefer him over Simmons, although I can understand Angelo's point. Frank knows very little about the game of football and his writing style isn't what I'd called top end journalism, but he does provide me with the info I want or need and IMO that's the job of the media, to give us the information that we wouldn't have otherwise. Curtis Rush IMO is probably the better of the two Argos beat writers, but doesn't seem to be covering the team or league as much as prior to and during training camp, I wonder what happened there ?
    The thing that really bothers me the most, and again, I may be alone on this, is that nothing that FZ writes is news to us. If you check out all the videos on the Argos site, FZ's articles are basically word for word what you see on there with a few of those horrible cliche's thrown in. There really is no need to even read his articles.

Rush may not write on the team as much, but at least he tweets actual news which comes out well before the column is up on the web. Is FZ even on twitter? If not, it shows that he isn't really passionate about his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Okay thanks, was just curious as I hadn't heard of that bothering anyone before.
    And I'm sorry if I come up crusty some times. Admittedly, stupid things do bother me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The thing that really bothers me the most, and again, I may be alone on this, is that nothing that FZ writes is news to us. If you check out all the videos on the Argos site, FZ's articles are basically word for word what you see on there with a few of those horrible cliche's thrown in. There really is no need to even read his articles.

Rush may not write on the team as much, but at least he tweets actual news which comes out well before the column is up on the web. Is FZ even on twitter? If not, it shows that he isn't really passionate about his job.

And I'm sorry if I come up crusty some times. Admittedly, stupid things do bother me.
    No problem :-)

Sometimes it's hard to infer tone from the written word.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

I don't watch the videos all the time, but I can't disagree with what you stated, although it is him asking most of the questions, so either way he's still providing the Argos news that I want.

As for Rush, I would have to agree, he seems to enjoy what he does and the effort is there when he writes. One of my favourite pieces of his actually had nothing to do with the Argos, but Curtis writing about the shot he had to play in the CFL at one point and how quickly the dream died then went on to become the writer he is today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    [QUOTE=AngeloV;68192]For the last time...I'm not complaining about anyone actually covering the team. I am complaining about the competency of the guy that covers the team. I personally like when Mike Ganter covers the team, but I guess since Frank doesn't drive, Ganter gets the Ti-Cats beat rather than the Argos beat. Especially confusing to me since the Cats aren't even in Toronto.

I liked Ganter too, but then he writes the crap today about the ex Tigercat DB who started for the Saints on Sunday and got 4 flags. Writes this ain't the CFL. Cat's allstar DB gets 4 flags. Just more banter for the CFL

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for posting. I really need to look for more CFL podcasts. Some sound very amateurish, but this one is very good.
    We should not have to hunt at all. One half of the Argo ownership group Bell should have Argo talk every day on TSN 1050. Well hopefully next year. I don't know what they are waiting for though. They don't have to be the legal owners to discuss Argo football on their radio station. Looking forward to All Access tonight.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    We should not have to hunt at all. One half of the Argo ownership group Bell should have Argo talk every day on TSN 1050. Well hopefully next year. I don't know what they are waiting for though. They don't have to be the legal owners to discuss Argo football on their radio station. Looking forward to All Access tonight.
    Yes they should.

I know Mike Richards a couple of weeks back mentioned that every time he talks CFL people complain. It really is a chicken and egg scenario here. Do people not talk CFL because the stations ignore it? Or do the stations ignore it because people don't talk it?

In any event, they really need to take advantage of their platform and promote, promote, promote. I have said in the past that it should be mandated that every 3 or 4 hour radio show should have at least 1 Argos segment (15 minutes) during the season. Right now, only Hogie is reaching that quota.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    In any event, they really need to take advantage of their platform and promote, promote, promote. I have said in the past that it should be mandated that every 3 or 4 hour radio show should have at least 1 Argos segment (15 minutes) during the season. Right now, only Hogie is reaching that quota.
    Where's the bloody like button lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Yes they should.

I know Mike Richards a couple of weeks back mentioned that every time he talks CFL people complain. It really is a chicken and egg scenario here. Do people not talk CFL because the stations ignore it? Or do the stations ignore it because people don't talk it?

Does the TSN Hamilton station not have Ticats Lunch each day? I would love for TSN 1050 to be able to do that...even if just for the summer months.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Yes they should.

Who are the D-Bags that complain? I get upset that they don't talk Argos but I understand and appreciate they need to talk the other sports and teams. It is sports radio and all of it needs to be discussed. They just don't need to have Leaf breakfast, 2 hours of Leaf lunch every freaking day 365 days a year. Raptor Rage every day, BJ Barf every day and stick Argos with 1 hour per week in season only. Just implement some balance that's all.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Does the TSN Hamilton station not have Ticats Lunch each day? I would love for TSN 1050 to be able to do that...even if just for the summer months.
    TSN1050 has Football Fridays, but they don't start until the NFL season starts and they barely talk CFL or Argonauts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Who are the D-Bags that complain? I get upset that they don't talk Argos but I understand and appreciate they need to talk the other sports and teams. It is sports radio and all of it needs to be discussed. They just don't need to have Leaf breakfast, 2 hours of Leaf lunch every freaking day 365 days a year. Raptor Rage every day, BJ Barf every day and stick Argos with 1 hour per week in season only. Just implement some balance that's all.
    Of course, what Argo fan doesn't agree with you and AngeloV? The problem is, how many overt Argo fans are there (sorry but their aren't many), and then how many closet Argo fans are there? There may be many, but if they don't speak out the radio station isn't going to cater to them. Imagine being the guy pitching that strategy in the board room. "I'm pretty sure there's lots of Argo fans out there, so lets have more Argo content."... Ok, Jenkins, show me the data."... Ummm, well, I just know they are out there, but most of them just don't show it."... "Ok Jenkins, you're fired. Next!?"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Of course, what Argo fan doesn't agree with you and AngeloV? The problem is, how many overt Argo fans are there (sorry but their aren't many), and then how many closet Argo fans are there? There may be many, but if they don't speak out the radio station isn't going to cater to them. Imagine being the guy pitching that strategy in the board room. "I'm pretty sure there's lots of Argo fans out there, so lets have more Argo content."... Ok, Jenkins, show me the data."... Ummm, well, I just know they are out there, but most of them just don't show it."... "Ok Jenkins, you're fired. Next!?"
    Wouldn't the TV Ratings be the data?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Wouldn't the TV Ratings be the data?
    Nope. TV ratings don't = Radio ratings. They would be a subset of data, but that alone would still get Jenkins fired.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Total BS. Is it the horse before the cart or vice-versa. You're telling me there is more Arizona Cardinals fans or Jacksonville Jaguar fans in the GTA than Argo fans, yet both sports radio stations fawn all over their american radio correspondents on the air to discuss season previews about every NFL team nonetheless. The NFL season previews are even more covered than the NHL season preview on the radio and there are 7 based Canadian teams in the NHL. As a matter of fact, it's not uncommon to just get previews of the Canadian based NHL teams on TV and Radio from both Sportsnet, and TSN. Using that same standard would get you no NFL team previews covered, and the NHL is the most popular sport and league by far in Canada, even in the GTA and Southern Ontario. So you can talk all you want about catering to fans, it's less about the popularity of a sport and more about placating the gamblers that cling on to every word about every NFL team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Nope. TV ratings don't = Radio ratings. They would be a subset of data, but that alone would still get Jenkins fired.
    First off I hope Jenkins lands on his feet. He has a family to support.