Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    The dome will not be there forever. 15 years tops based on what Beeston said.

Still ... far better to build their own football stadium. (Great football sightlines, private boxes, etc) If the Ticats can make it work then there should be no issue with the Argos making one work. Let BMO be what it was built to be ... a good soccer stadium
    For me being there once, BMO is a horrible place to watch soccer. Poor seats and the sightlines are not so great either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    For me being there once, BMO is a horrible place to watch soccer. Poor seats and the sightlines are not so great either.
    Poor sightlines!? Good heavens, what do you want? Are you sure your not trying to hate it to much. However, I do agree with you about the seats. They are beyond cheap. I would be more comfortable sitting on a bench.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerkeeper View Post
    Poor sightlines!? Good heavens, what do you want? Are you sure your not trying to hate it to much. However, I do agree with you about the seats. They are beyond cheap. I would be more comfortable sitting on a bench.
    The sightlines are good, and the seats are cheap. As a matter of fact, the entire stadium is looking cheap even by MLS standards. I believe Toronto built the 2nd Soccer specific stadium in the league after possibly Columbus or LA, whatever. That being said, I watched the MLS all-star game in Kansas City on TV last night and that stadium is wayyyyyyyy better than BMO field. It reminds me of a soccer version of Investors field in Winnipeg but even smaller. Many MLS clubs have built soccer specific stadiums and they look to have more amenities than BMO. The Red Bulls built one in Harrison, New Jersey for the New York team and it has a roof like KC's stadium and Winnipeg's Canadian Football Stadium.

Many of these MLS stadiums are also being built in the suburbs and not in the downtown core. Funny how Olympic Stadium was viewed as really far to go and watch the Expos or the Alouettes, but that Olympic Park with the smaller Saputo Stadium works well for the MLS Impact. I think this is evidence that it was not really the geographical location that was the problem with the "Big O" but the stadium itself and the ambience or lack thereof during game days which turned off fans.

I'll say this BMO Field as it currently looks would be crappy for the Argos and the CFL in Canada's largest city. It would not just need the end zones scaled back, but would also need to increase seating on the east sidelines and have a roof added to at least the West side. When one considers how frigid the late season games could get down by the Lake with the fog rolling in, you may understand how much better the Argos could do at Downsview or York building a stadium that was meant for Football from scratch.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 08-01-2013 at 07:32 PM.