Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Welcome aboard, and thanks for a thoughtful first post. However, "a stadium in the GTA" could mean anything from Burlington to Milton to Aurora to Pickering to Whitby, and all points between. Any stadium outside the central core would be easily accessible only to those living nearby. Imagine living in Oshawa and trying to get to a weeknight game in Mississauga. Would fans really be prepared to sit on the 401 for that? It's moot anyway since no one is offering the $200M or so needed for a decent new stadium.
True, but that is why I was more specifically thinking of an area north of Toronto, like Markham, Aurora, or Newmarket, simply because they are all relatively the same distance away, smack in the middle of the Toronto, Aurora, Pickering, and Mississauga areas. I can see how there would be an issue of where in the GTA they would put it, but I'd be willing to drive to games if they made it an experience worth going to.

I was at the Bills game last week, and it took my group from 4:00-9:30 to get home. It took us 2.5 hours just to get out of Buffalo for God's sake, but it was so worth it. The Argos need to make an effort to make a game worth going to. If they make fans want to leave the couch and offer an experience that they cannot have anywhere but the stadium, then people will come and the numbers and recognition will show.