Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Second year in a row Pre blows the game in Edmonton? I didn't get to see the game, but that's what it kind of sounds like.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    He can be an effective receiver if you put him in space which the Argos failed to do tonight. They have the right idea about using him as a receiver in addition to being a running back though but they have to execute better.
    I don't quite understand what went on there. Trestman's offense the running back is cutting across the grain and catching the ball in stride, the only time he sits in a shallow zone is if the linebackers are blitzing and relies on the slots blocking. This was terrible use of a premier weapon and Boyd was clearly frustrated with this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Second year in a row Pre blows the game in Edmonton? I didn't get to see the game, but that's what it kind of sounds like.
    Shaw was the one who had the rough game last year as Pre missed that game due to injury. It is too bad that Shaw couldn't have turned in a similar performance tonight. Strange things seem to happen to the Argos in Edmonton.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Ray did plenty to win this game. If you want to lay blame, lay it on these guys.

Noel: Missed two short field goals. one ilegal punt.

Johnson: Fumbled in his own zone.

Marcus Ball: 3 0r 4 penalties

Olinesman negated a touchdown with a hold

Owens: dropped a sure TD. Made a selfish decision at the goal line.

Dline put no pressure on Jyles

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Too many new players happened to the Argos in Edmonton. I think it might be another year of watching games get away in stupid ways. Millanovich was all about not taking penalties and that's all we did all night long. I thought we might win 5 or 6 games and then I thought perhaps maybe more. Well if we continue playing like that 5 or 6 will be bang on.

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I think Christ would have had trouble directing an efficient offence with those penalties tonight too...Ray looked better than Hank...way better
    Burris went 29 for 37 for 289 yards with several drops and 3 carries for 22 yards, and a touch down called back.

Quote Originally Posted by RoRoYoBoat View Post
    Ray did plenty to win this game. If you want to lay blame, lay it on these guys.

Noel: Missed two short field goals. one ilegal punt.

Johnson: Fumbled in his own zone.

Marcus Ball: 3 0r 4 penalties

Olinesman negated a touchdown with a hold

Owens: dropped a sure TD. Made a selfish decision at the goal line.

Dline put no pressure on Jyles
    Malonavich play calling.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Not sure how Owens get blame with the such heart and 340 all purpose yards. I think the db got a finger on that almost td pass. Penalties killed us. Ray had a great great all in all. I still don't think Barker did enough in finding talent to play with Ricky. We still don't have a legit CFL star receiver. The year is still a real crap shoot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Penalties killed us and some of them were pure phantom calls. The only thing that really annoys me is the same stupid old Argo play calling on the final drive.. after throwing some nice long balls throughout the game, they get to a do or die situation in the final minute and they throw two straight 3 yard passes !! That is the thing that annoyed me more than anything the past three season. 3rd down and 7 yards needed.... it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you throw the ball to someone who is at least 8 yards down the field !!! It's do or die !!! If this is our offence, we are in for a repeat of last season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    Penalties killed us and some of them were pure phantom calls. The only thing that really annoys me is the same stupid old Argo play calling on the final drive.. after throwing some nice long balls throughout the game, they get to a do or die situation in the final minute and they throw two straight 3 yard passes !! That is the thing that annoyed me more than anything the past three season. 3rd down and 7 yards needed.... it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you throw the ball to someone who is at least 8 yards down the field !!! It's do or die !!! If this is our offence, we are in for a repeat of last season.
    There are multiple options on each play call. It isn't like Milanovich is ordering the offence to run a three yard play. Ray has multiple options and picks one.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Boy you hate to be critical, but there was no imagination on that last drive.
    Very vanilla play calling?
    I saw enough imagination. Esks experience on D showed through and they played great when they really had to.

Overall, I'm disappointed but not disillusioned. Considering the slow start, penalties, o-line breakdowns, penalties, poor kicking game, penalties, so many new players, and more penalties, losing by only four on the road with a chance to win in the end showed real character.

Owens had a great game.

The D, though it had a few breakdowns, looked fast, aggressive, and turned what looked like might have been some longer Eskimo gains into shorter ones. That didn't happen much last year.

I have zero worries with Ray as our QB this season. If the rest of the team develops, we can have a successful season.

And let's not forget that we were 1-0 this time last year. No need to panic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I saw enough imagination. Esks experience on D showed through and they played great when they really had to.

Overall, I'm disappointed but not disillusioned. Considering the slow start, penalties, o-line breakdowns, penalties, poor kicking game, penalties, so many new players, and more penalties, losing by only four on the road with a chance to win in the end showed real character.

Owens had a great game.

The D, though it had a few breakdowns, looked fast, aggressive, and turned what looked like might have been some longer Eskimo gains into shorter ones. That didn't happen much last year.

I have zero worries with Ray as our QB this season. If the rest of the team develops, we can have a successful season.

And let's not forget that we were 1-0 this time last year. No need to panic.
    argolio you forgot to mention the penalties.....ha ha. I agree, the Eskimo defence played well, taking Boyd out of the game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Edmontons defencive coor. had Ricky Ray confused all night, my game ball goes to Edmontons Defence !!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I would say that the only pass in which Boyd was the primary receiver was on the TD. The rest were pure check downs, IMO related to poor protection from the o-line. I agree with Ravi, that they need to get him the ball in space more.
    That is bang-on -- he did not have enough time to let downfield guys get open, chose to dump it off to a playmaker rather than risk a sack. The Eskimos defended those dump-offs really well -- Argos definitely need to get more space around the guys underneath.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Too many new players happened to the Argos in Edmonton. I think it might be another year of watching games get away in stupid ways. Millanovich was all about not taking penalties and that's all we did all night long. I thought we might win 5 or 6 games and then I thought perhaps maybe more. Well if we continue playing like that 5 or 6 will be bang on.
    Panicking already I see.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'll preface this by saying I didn't watch the game, I'm in Montreal and as much as I love the Argos, I also love downtown Montreal.

A pretty frustrating game to lose 19-15! The Eskimos D must've played a very effective game taking Boyd out of the equation. I guess that also provided them with the opportunity to do just enough to neutralize Ricky Ray when they needed to. Were the penalties the Argos took ones that negated any big plays by the O? What's frustrating I guess to have heard about this was that penalties didn't seem to be a significant factor in the pre-season, but now it rears it's ugly head? Those problems are correctable I guess. How was the pressure from the D-line on Jyles? I saw that the Argos had no sacks yesterday. It didn't seem that the Eskimos running game did very much. I heard from reading the game thread here that the HB Williams was exposed yesterday a bit? I think he was penciled in as the starter before Watkins was who replaced McCullough.
    Last edited by Will; 07-01-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tc23 View Post
    Burris went 29 for 37 for 289 yards with several drops and 3 carries for 22 yards, and a touch down called back.
    And Ray went 29-for-39, 298 yards, with one massive drop and another TD pass called back because of a penalty. Those two plays go the other way, he's looking at something like 31-for-40, 350 yards, three TDs. Nonetheless, I think it's fair to say that neither Burris nor Ray significantly outperformed one another in Week 1. Bottom line is they weren't playing each other anyway.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Am I overstating that Pre missed two easy FG's? Those two plays really hurt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    10 outlet passes to Boyd for 8 yards means the offensive line was unable to consistently provide protection for longer passes by Ray. This needs to improve if the Argos are to have a successful season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Once again the Argos did not use Durie enough (0 rushes) when the Eskimos were obviously keying on Boyd, although he caught 4 passes. They need to force other teams to think abut Durie as a rb to take the pressure off Boyd.

Argofan
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Level
    Way too conservative , Boyd was left looking awful .
    LETS GO ARGOS !!!!!

Twitter - @NFL_Hawk